Material for CNC router Table

Thread: Material for CNC router Table

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Material for CNC router Table

I have a router with an MDF table, 700x1100x21mm. I mostly dry cut brass, and also wood and machinable aluminum. I would like to have a table which would allow me to cut wet. I could get a slotted aluminum table easily enough, but I kind of enjoy just drilling mounting holes where I need them. The first option would be a solid piece of aluminum, but then I would need coolant to drill the mounting holes. I'm wondering if there might be some composite material out there which would be easier to drill, and also be waterproof, and perhaps a bit more durable than the MDF. Any ideas?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Material for CNC router Table

Phenolic?

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Default Re: Material for CNC router Table

I know exactly what will work for you. There's a product called EXTERIA it's a waterproof MDF - it'll hold up well for what you described & it comes in several thicknesses. You may have to have it special ordered from a real lumber yard, Home Depot won't have it. Speaking of Home Depot, they do offer a .5" thick plastic 4x8 sheet for about $80, it's fairly soft and obviously waterproof too. Good Luck!