EZ Router and Scorpion owners?

Thread: EZ Router and Scorpion owners?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default EZ Router and Scorpion owners?

I'm trying to start a small custom furniture, cabinet and arcade cabinet shop. I've decided to go with EZ-Router and I've received a few quotes from them to get an idea of what the cost is. I haven't been able to find any recent posts regarding their products on this forum or anywhere else. The last detailed post seems to be mid-2006.

Can anyone attest to EZ-Router's current build quality and whether their Scorpion is worth the extra $8,000 for a woodworking shop?

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

I have had a 5x10 scorpion for several years now (since 2008). Overall I am very satisfied. It is very reliable, I have run very large files requiring the machine to run for hrs and hrs and it has never let me down. It has the servo motors on all axis and a HSD spindle. I mostly cut plastics from 1/16" to 3" thick. It will cut wood like butter with the right bits. Most jobs, because of material thickness multiple passes are required and the router gives a very good finish. My table was one of their first Scorpions sold. At the time I bought mine they had no pictures or literature available. Needless to say I was very nervous. As far as the construction the table is very stout. From their pictures I can see where they have made some structural changes to the gantry and it should be even more rigid than mine. I do not know about the newer versions but I had to lower the maximum feed rate (set from factory at 1500 IPM) because the Y axis motors would trip and the controller have to be reset. I now have my max feed rate set at 1200IPM. I can easily cut accurately too 500 - 800 IPM, but most of the time your limitations are the bits. They list there cutting accuracy at +/-.003 mine is realistically +/-.008. The tolerances I quote to my customers are +/-.010 and have not had any problem meeting this. Repeatability is great. The only problem I have had from day one is the cooling fan on the spindle it will fail to come on most of the time when the machine is turned on so I have to give it push and it will start. I contacted the guys at EzRouter back when I first started have this problem. They said to take the fan off and blow it out and would probably solve the problem, if not they would replace the fan, it didn’t solve the problem but I never followed up to get it replaced.

I highly recommend the EzRouter Scorpion.