Shenhui 50 Watt Laser (Ebay) LED light no. 14 blinking , tube replacement

Thread: Shenhui 50 Watt Laser (Ebay) LED light no. 14 blinking , tube replacement

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Shenhui 50 Watt Laser (Ebay) LED light no. 14 blinking , tube replacement

Hi from Austria,
    running a 50 Watt China laser from Ebay (Shenhui blue-grey) I face the following issue:

1., Does anyone know if it is normal that the LED no. 14 is blinking, what does it say?

2., after only 4 months the tube (50watt/800mm) said "Good bye" without warning from one moment to another
    ok, that seems to be normal for that "reasonable model" but, can someone please tell me where I can get a new one,
    hopefully one which has a longer life?
    Many thanks in advance for your kind help.
    Manfred

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Shenhui 50 Watt Laser (Ebay) LED light no. 14 blinking , tube replacement

Yes, my LED number 14 always blink. The printing on the controller says that number 14 is "Run".

Do you have an ammeter (amp meter) on your machine? Is is possible that you were overdriving your tube? The maximum for these tubes is 18-20mA, which on my machine correlates to 65% power.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Shenhui 50 Watt Laser (Ebay) LED light no. 14 blinking , tube replacement

Thanks Robert for your reply.
    So that means the blinking led14 is normal.
    Unfortunately, I don`t have an ampmeter on my machine, but I did run the machine on minimum power 40 and maximum power 80 for a couple of weeks (cutting poplar plywood 4mm).
    Maybe that killed my tube. I didn`t know that.
    Greetings from Vienna, thank you again, Manfred

Downloads
    Uploads

Check your water temperature as well.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Robert, the water temperature is fine, I believe, at highest below approx. 30 degrees celsius.

Downloads
    Uploads

30 degrees Celsius seems high, but I guess it depends on your ambient temperature. The 30 degrees by itself shouldn't cause damage to the tube, but it does supposedly reduce the power output, which could have been causing you to overdrive the tube.