DSP settings

Thread: DSP settings

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DSP settings

A friend of mine has a 1212? or a 1218? cant remember which he is new to cnc and has played with the settings in the DSP controller it now cuts everything double size i.e. if a job is 90mm tall it cuts it at 180mm tall I have been trying to help him as he has no internet connection or e-mail. is there a reason why this machine is doing this and how do we fix it?

does anyone have the settings for the DSP so we could get this back to factory settings.

thank you for any help you can send.

Richard

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Richard,

You will need to change the pulse equivalent to half of what it is now.

Push the menu button then go to "Machine setup" then "pulse equivalent/mm".
    Then you can change the amount for the X,Y and Z axis. These need to be set to approx half of what they are at present ie:400mm if they are 800mm etc. The Z axis may not have been changed.

Shannon.

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

Thanks Shannon that worked great

Richard

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Pulse Equivalent

How do I find out what setting for the Pulse Equivalent should be for SGH1212 machine?
    Thank you

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You need a steel ruler (or any other accurate measuring device) and then set your machine to jog say 1000mm. If the measurement that the machine moves is further than 1000mm on the ruler you need to decrease the pulse equivalent and vice versa for if it goes shorter. Be sure to use the adjustment in the menu. I think the setting when you run a file is for scaling cut sizes up or down (haven't tried it myself yet though)

Shannon.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, All.
    I am Alan, once i worked in the DSP controller company, and i know something about the settings. Yes, Shannon is right for Richard's question. You need to change the pulse equivalent for half. The DSP controller is a device to send pulse+dire signals. if wrong settings, then wrong motion result.
    Shannon showed one way to tell the pulse equivalent, and actallly it is a math formulas for it: pulse equivalent= {360/1.8(step angle of the motor)} * miscrostep(miscrostep of the driver)/ballscrew diameter, such as: we are using a 1.8 degree stepping motor and set the miscrostep of the driver as 16, and the ballscrew diameter is 4mm, then the pulse equivelant is: {(360/1.8) *16}/5=800, normally the step angle is 1.8, of course there are 0.9 ones.
    recently i read many posts here, i found that someone complaints the dsp controller settings is hard to understand. And here, i have a suggest, you need a host program which can save the settings parameter as a file, later if you find any question, you can reload the file the the controller, then everything is ok. for how to do it, pls refer to the Manal.
    hoping this can help you.
    Any question, can contact me: king9558@msn.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default finding a solution,,,

Hey guys,

How i wonder, could any one gives a perfect set up for DSP CNC PLASMA,,and inform a method to eliminate an X hard limit on this machine,,,,?

For example we cut a metal sheet size 1.0 mm. X 1244mm x 2480mm,,could any one help and send an answer to our problems,,.
    We know i'm asking a lot of question,hoping that someone can understand our situation of being new to this forum about learning a basic application for the DSP controler,,,tnx and God bless to al

Rodel,

Last edited by zermutta_03; 09-18-2014 at 04:02 AM. Reason: sending matter

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DSP settings

hi everybody my CNC tj-7070 have big problem on pulse equivalent if i take a dimension like 159mm tall the dimension change to 154 or more.Please guys i want help.