RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router. - Page 5

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Big S View Post
    The two little guys don't seem too interested..yet

Shannon.
    Ya, my older son looks like he is picking his butt, while the little guy is busting some kinda move. They were good helpers though.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great Pictures Spencer,

now I'm really excited about getting mine. Great looking kids, I can see why you want to go camping with them this weekend. Picking your butt is allowed when you're camping. I took my kids camping all the time in Kentucky when they were your kids age all the time when I lived in Cincinnati. Great fun and memories. Keep the pictures comming.

Mitch

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool

I can only say "wow".My father in law said to me;"How in
    the world did you find out you should buy one of these.What can it do?"...
    I guess if one of these showed up I guess I could have
    had some fun saying "it builds houses" :-D

To bad they shipped it with the goods on the bed thou.

I'll keep on working on mine to get it going with that 4th axis.
    Mine would be like a small stamp compared to these machines
    he he.

Keep those pic's coming.It was interesting to see that dust
    shoe.How would that work with the ATC?

K

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here's what I have been up to over the past few days. Got all that sticky glue off the bed, made some springs for the pressure plates and then machined some MDF. The MDF is 2.5mm with a 2.5mm waste sheet under it, Holds down great with no vacuum and just the pressure plates. Clamps around the edge stop it moving sideways.

Shannon.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03405-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03406-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03407-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03409-jpg  

RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03419-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03421-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03424-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03426-jpg  

RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03427-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03428-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03429-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03425-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up So it still works!!!

O.K Shannon, You have cut it , spliced it , diced it and it still works!

I think that you have shown all of us that you understand what makes these things tick.

How about a report on what you think of it and it`s capabilities?

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

I think its great, Excellent value for the $30+ grand NZD we have spent so far, This beast will jog around at 30m/min and it will probably cut at 10+m/min if the tooling can handle it. It's all I expected and faster. If someone has $100K to blow on a router then there are better options you can spend your money on, but under say $50K its going be tough to beat.

All in all I am very impressed.. so far

If you think its going great now, just wait to see whats in store for this router, I am only about 1/3 the way through the mods to do list.

My Bro has just decided that we have some aluminium (aluminum for the US guys ) sheets to cut in about two weeks. I need some more ER32 collets, Carbide cutters and to make a mister unit so we can do that.

Shannon.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Another guess if you can.

Another update, I have made an extractor hose support and mounted a coiled air line on the side of it. Its hard to get a clear photo of it but you should be able to make it out in the pics. I still have to make the moving parts on the top out of steel to support the ducting.

I have purchased a three hose magnetic coolant block, I don't need the block, just the hoses. Two are going to be used for the mister/microdrop unit and the other one is what I made below.

I also took some bits of aluminium and made a tubular object with one of the adjustable hoses on it, Can anyone guess what it is?

The last pic is classic spelling.

Shannon.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03461-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03464-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03471-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03473-jpg  

RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03475-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03434-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default shannon

i am beginning to worry that you'll have that thing sooo souped up!! you'll get hurt when you start racing!! or is it still a cnc

jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

LOL, I am still on my list of mods that I had made up before I ordered the machine

I REALLY want to paint it metallic blue like the compressor.

Shannon.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have no idea on what that last tube thingy is going to be used for...
    Pressured air to be posted in the mill area?

You must spend a lot of time in that garage Shannon ;-)

K

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you google a vortex tube or cold tube, you will see what it does.

Shannon.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here is some cutting I did today, its 'ONLY' 3.7meter wingspan, and its now hanging on the wall

Shannon.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03481-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03478-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03483-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default is that

your new controller box in the background, and what is the material for the bird??
    jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Jim,

That is the controller box that came with the machine, I hope to make another one that is hidden away under the bed.
    I used 10mm sign foam to make the Pterodactyl.

Shannon.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here is some of what I achieved last evening, I am making the pivoting arm the the dust collection hose runs out the spindle on. The black material is some left over ramp armor from the skate parks that we build. I hope to get the arm mostly finished tonight.

Shannon

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03503-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03504-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03505-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03506-jpg  

RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03507-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03508-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

THE BIG S,nice work
    Interesting info ,great idea`s and photos ,Shannon,

I look forward to seeing what you do next.

How did you end up surfacing the signex where the machine dosnt get to, I am in the middle of doing that now with MDF ,any ideas?

Regards
    Jubee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I used an electric hand planer to get the last bits, Just make sure the blade is set so that it doesn't cut below the 'shoe'. I lay it on the surfaced area at an edge and move it diagonally across the area that needs surfacing, this stops the planer from digging into areas already surfaced and gets the remaining area in one hit. I hope that makes sense? I am going to take another 0.2mm or so off the signex on mine when I pull the T-slots up to cut the vacuum holes in them, I could get some pics then but it may be a while.

I have mostly finished the dust hose guide tonight. My welding isn't very good as I haven't done much for a few years. Not grinding the zinc coating off didn't help either. Looks all good once painted Grey. It took me a while to work out how I can make the hose easy to remove (its really handy as a floor vacuum too) and I came up with the two piece holders in the photos below. I had to make two sizes for the different size steel sections. We have some black bungee cable around but I can't find it. I just chopped up a bungee cord that already had clips on the end , pity its in red. The black material is made in the USA, its called ramp armor and its for outdoor skateboard ramps. I kept the offcuts from the last skate park we built. They are coming in handy now and they also machine great.

I also made up a hook to hang the blow gun on, I will screw it on once I am happy with the height, hence the clamp ATM

Lots more photos from tonight

Shannon.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03509-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03511-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03514-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03516-jpg  

RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03517-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03519-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03520-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03523-jpg  

RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03525-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03528-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03529-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03531-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Very nice.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default oh man!!

now i want one!!
    bravo!!
    jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

A slow night tonight, have been having issues with UcancamV8, it keeps closing and crashed the laptop too. I am looking at getting Rhino3D and RhinoCAM as a CAD/CAM package.

I am also looking into the mach3 setup, Using a smooth stepper card and then a breakout board is looking good at this stage.

Made a mount for my collet spanner and also started making some brushes for the dust foot. Not a lot else got done.

Shannon.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03533-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03534-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03535-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03536-jpg  

RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03537-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03538-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03539-jpg  

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast