RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router. - Page 2

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    When we sent our spindles to HSD-USA to be rebuilt, they returned them with a soft, thick plastic cap that slips onto the entire bottom of the spindle. I would have to think that HSD makes these, and although they are probably for shipping spindles separately, they would probably prevent what happened to yours.
    I was aware that HSD made the caps as I have had a pdf copy of the manual for a few months now. I was a little surprised and quite disappointed that one wasn't fitted when the router was shipped. I have MSN'ed Taney about it and sent a photo of the damage before I cleaned it up. Hopefully Excitech get the next ones protected during shipping.

I am considering making something to cover the hole for when the machine is not in use as the HSD manual recommends that tool holders be removed when the machine is not in use overnight. There is also a blank tool that covers the taper that can be put in a tool changer to be selected at the end of the day. I have not seen pictures of one however.

Shannon.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Pressure plate progress.

Did a bit more today...

Made up some parts on work CNC for the pressure plates while in town last night. Put them all together today. I hope to cut the rods in half so I also have a plate with the small hole in it. The rods will have some springs between the pressure plate and the mounting on the spindle (once I source some ).

I also will attach a dust extractor brush on the tops of the rods so it follows the pressure plate height and gets rid of all the dust.

More planned for tomorrow

Shannon.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03046-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03047-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03048-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03050-jpg  

RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03052-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03053-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Guess whats unusual about this

Its not that the spindle is missing.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03078-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hmmmmm............... Now let`s have a guess.

1) The gantry side cover is off.

2) The gantry is at the opposite end to the home position.

3) The machine is sitting on blocks.

4) Is that a straight edge sitting on the bakelite top or have you set something into the table top?

5) I have no fockin idea. - What are you on about?

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Rocket,

Re #4 thats just masking tape to work out where i want to put the vacuum bed sections.

Hint, what should be on this side of the machine but isn't?

Give up?

Shannon.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Got it!

Must be the wiring tracks and or spilltray.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spot on,

I have shifted the cable chain to the other side of the machine, and making the home position on the other side of the Y-axis too. The home position will now be more like the screen layout in CAD with the X,Y origin in a similar location.

I cut a small part of the gantry sides away so that I could remove the wires without disconnecting too much, only had to do the E-stops and the X-axis home sensor. The stepper motors unplugged and the wiring for each one seems the same however the X-axis direction may now need reversing. I also hope to install all the electrics under the bed where the cable chain now ends. I need to make or get a cabinet made that will fit in the hole.

The last pic has the gantry pushed to the other end and the cable chain shortened to the new ending location. I still need to cut down the channel that it sits in. The masking tape 'marking' is more obvious in this pic too.

Enough mods yet

Shannon.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03071-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03072-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03073-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03075-jpg  

RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03080-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03081-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-dsc03084-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up I suggest a few more modifications

Enough mods yet

You are on the right track.

1) How about a pair of wings? - A flying Excitech!

2) Jet propulsion - Another surfin Excitech.

3) A nice set of mag wheels and a self charging electric motor - An energy efficient mobile Excitech.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Clear side panels and neon lighting to go with the mag wheels?

Shannon.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default gee shannon

and i thought i had cajones!! jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    and i thought i had cajones!! jim
    I just hope my brother doesn't mind too much (50% business partner and living in Auckland) nobody tell him till its done.

Should be good once its all done,

Shannon.

Downloads
    Uploads

Big S,

Nice work. Might as well get things set-up the way you want them at the start. Nice to see your not leery of diggin in. Also the best way to find out how it all works together.

Did you ever find out what the gas cylinder was for? Just curious.

Was hoping the CNC would not arrive till the week of May 3rd. Received notice yesterday that our machine will be in Vancouver at the docks on April 21st. Taney was actually early shipping the unit out and ocean freight didn't take quite 20 days. Now I will be in Mexico with my family on holiday when it arrives.

Oh well. Unit will have to sit in the C-can here for a few weeks once it arrives because the existing tenant in our (soon to be) shop is in the hospital and can't move his stuff out by May 1st. It's going to suck staring at a C-can knowing what's inside but not being able to play with it.

Hope the machine is ready to rock and roll once we get going because our plans will already be a month behind.

Apparently our RouterCAD software package is sitting in Vancouver waiting to clear customs as well. Hopefully it arrives before Friday so I have time to install it on my laptop and take it to Mexico with me. Thought I could learn how to build cabinets while sitting on the beach drinking Margarita's.

I am following your posts carefully. Keep them coming!

Spencer.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spencer,

Looks like you are almost all set, I haven't yet found out what the small air cylinder is for

If the weather is dry where you are it may pay to open the container doors and let any moisture out, The pallet ours came on was quite damp when we received the machine. Another three to four weeks of damp could cause chaos with your machine.

Ours sat in the container for about an hour and a half once it was delivered but I still have a bit longer to wait until we get the power on, Hopefully its on Friday, but could be longer as our electrician (cousin) is going to Wellington for the week next week.

Good idea about learning to use the software while on holiday, I find that knowing the software is about 50% of using the machine effectively.

Shannon.

Downloads
    Uploads

Shannon,

Good idea about the moisture. I will definitely open it up, maybe even install a small electric heater to act as an anti-condensation heater.

We are in opposite boats, my electric should be done in the building before we have the OK to move in. Currently the shop only has single phase so we are working with the owner to get the service upgraded to three phase. The utility should have their end done by the time I get back from holiday.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas.

Spencer.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default spencer

if i remember correctly you are a cabinetmaker? and is customs required for software in cn?

Downloads
    Uploads

Cabnet,

I am actually not a cabinet maker by trade. I have a college diploma in business, but both my grandfather and step father were british cabinet makers, so i have worked with wood ever since I could crawl into the shop. Building furniture has always been a hobby for me.

I have been on disability for the last 2.5 years (severed my right arm at the elbow while building my house, still have it, just doesn't work 100%). So I have been looking for a business to start myself. Thought the CNC thing was nice as I can still handle sheets of material, just can't safely put them through a table saw. I also like working with computers, have a drafting background and enjoy graphic design, so it all kinda fits together.

I approached a local custom kitchen shop and we have come to an agreement where I will cut and assemble all his cabinets. We will also be looking at starting a line of MDF doors. Lots of other markets to go after as well, but this alone is enough to get us going and pay the bills.

Yes everything coming into Canada goes through customs. There is no duty on software, or cnc's for that matter, still have to pay GST though. My broker cleared the software today, but he told me they want to do an inspection, so that will hold up the release a few days i am sure

What do they really think is in a package with a declared value of $2500 that weighs a pound?.......on second thoughts

Spencer.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BC-CNC View Post
    Shannon,

Good idea about the moisture. I will definitely open it up, maybe even install a small electric heater to act as an anti-condensation heater.

We are in opposite boats, my electric should be done in the building before we have the OK to move in. Currently the shop only has single phase so we are working with the owner to get the service upgraded to three phase. The utility should have their end done by the time I get back from holiday.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas.

Spencer.
    The other thing I may suggest, is that you knock a hole in the thin plywood of the crate and grab the plastic bin full of goodies out, Then you can have a play with the dsp as it powers from a computer USB port.

Our workshop currently has single phase at 40amps but no three phase (as yet)

Shannon.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default spence

i put my thumb in the table saw twice in one year so i can relate! i also am looking to change a lot of what i do as well, jim

Downloads
    Uploads

Shannon,

If you only have single phase are you going to try and run it with a Phase Converter?

I don't think we have the same DSP, our machine has the Syntec controller, which is different than yours (I think). If you look at the Excitech book Taney sent you with the CNC, we ordered the SHMS1530C in about the middle of the book (I guess they couldn't afford page numbers).

Downloads
    Uploads

Default big desk

we did this with the machine and using vcarve pro for machining parts and cabinetparts pro for the cabs jim

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-img_1239-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-img_1254-jpg   RemainCNC NZ Excitech 1530 router.-img_1262-jpg  

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast