Excitech Cnc Router Purchase

Page 1 of 131 12341151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Excitech Cnc Router Purchase

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the sh-cnc 6090 (600mm x 900mm). For the size and price, you can not beat it.

The only problem I have had was to replace x and y ball screws. The factory forgot to put grease fittings in the ball nuts. Needless to say after a few hours of operation, the ball bearings wore out. There was absolutely no problems with getting replacements. So, when your machine arrives, check the ball nuts for fittings and give it an extra shot of grease to be safe.

Overall I am very satisfied with the machine.

Brian

Downloads
    Uploads

I'd get the ATC, if you still can. It's an automatic tool changer. There is no learning curve, it's automatic. Seriously, a simple setting in your CAM program is usually all that's required, and tool changes will be done automatically with no intervention required. Even if you write g-code by hand, tool changes are extremely simple.

If you make parts that require more than one tool, it will pay for itself very quickly.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default good luck to you

i also am on the verge of a purchase and have narrowed it down to
    one of five, i can really appreciate the amount of study involved and
    how many varibles there are before a purchase. i do hope you will post your experience here for us. i have looked at shop bot and visited their factory,
    had extensive conversations with dyna cnc, ezcnc.com,shop sabre and
    techno. i have seen all thier dvds, looked at thier equipment they are all good machines and all within the same price range.

i have a fairly large custom cabinet shop and now see that i should have done this (purchase cnc) a long time ago. at present we are working out lease
    arrangements as the tax man cometh!

whats really funny is i bought a carvewright and learned cnc in about 30 minutes after 20 years of fear over what cnc could do for me

cabnet
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Our first machine was almost $150K, and we spent about a year looking at different machines and doing research. I also spent that year trying different software packages, and learning how the software process worked before we got the machine. That allowed us to get up and running almost immediately.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
    Gerry, stone the flamin crows mate! If we had to pay $150K to buy our first machine we would not stand a snowball`s chance in hell of getting one. You must have done your homework very well. Was this your first experience with cnc?
    Yes, and we also bought a $100K saw and $15K in software at the same time.

I see that you joined the cnczone back in March of 2003. At that time was it possible to buy a software package along the lines of V Carve Pro for a realistic price? We were quoted $6000 to buy Enroute software (and i am sure that it is fantastic software ), but at around $500 for V Carve pro i cannot see the logic of paying for the more expensive software.
    Vectric's software was the first of it's kind as far as I know. There were $500 packages that did V-carving only, but not that did everything V-carve does.

Software is very dependent on what kind of work you're doing. It's hard to go wrong with V-Carve pro, and it's very easy to use. But if you don't need the V-carving, you can probably do all you need with a $100 CAD program and something like SheetCAM.

We use specialized cabinet software which automatically generates all the code for our cabinet parts. But for all our custom work, I just do quick 2D cad drawings.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Our machine is model SHM1530A with 5ft x 10ft table, 3.5KW HSD spindle,
    Becker vacuum pump and dust collector.

We decided against the auto tool changer . I am sure it would be a very
    desirable option, but we are concerned that due to our inexperience in cnc it would just make our learning curve that much harder.

Total price of the Router was $ (USD) delivered to Adelaide, Australia in a sole use 20ft container. It should arrive before xmas, so we will spend our holidays getting acquainted with it.
    l

Last edited by KustomKoncepts; 11-17-2007 at 07:08 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 11/25/07

This thread is about our first cnc router purchase for our small family business.

We are located in Australia and do not have the availability of many different brands that our friends in the USA can select from.

At this moment we have absolutely no experience in cnc. Our machine is due to arrive in Australia in mid December 2007 and it is our intention to provide an ongoing summary of our attempts to learn about the machine and how to operate it.

The cnc router that we have purchased is from a company located in China called sh-cnc The brand is Excitech.
    The specifications are - SHM1530A Router Machine
    Table size 5ft x 10ft ( 1500 x 3000 )
    Spindle 3.5KW ( 4.7 HP ) HSD
    Stepper Motors
    Becker Vacuum Pump

If you read through this thread you will see that i had deleted a lot of my early posts. This was because a member had ( in my opinion ) tried to derail the thread by posting negative stories about our supplier. I figured that he was from the anti import crowd. His story in my opinion is preposterous, but as it has been pointed out to me that everybody is entitled to their own opinion, i am attempting to restore as many details as possible. Make up your own mind.

Rocket.

Last edited by rocket67; 11-25-2007 at 05:52 AM. Reason: To restore post

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Brian - Thanks for the advice. Lubrication is obviously very important on cnc machines.
    What type of grease do you use? How often do you grease your machine?
    Are there any other routine maintenance procedures?

We will be routing MDF board and i have read that this type of material will send the router bits blunt fairly quickly. I guess that it will be important to keep a good supply of sharp bits handy. Where does one buy the bits and
    what is the approximate cost of them?

I would expect that MDF dust will need to be kept to a minimum around the machine to protect the electrical components etc so we will hook up some pretty good dust extraction.

Any and all advice is welcome.

Rocket.
    Rocket,
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you, a little under the weather. To answer your question, use standard lithium grease made for grease guns. I sqweeze some in every 15 - 20 hours of run time. Router bits are generally a personal choice, I tend to use a fairily high quality bit making cabinets in hardwood veneer. The more you can keep dust at a minimum, the better off you will be. Check with the company and see if they have a dust shoe for the spindle.

Hope this helps.

Brian

P.S. The ATC is definately a good choice.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

G`day Kustom Koncepts, From all that i have read on this forum you cannot go wrong with a shop-sabre machine. They have an excellent reputation on the forum.

I should point out that sh-cnc Excitech machines are indeed available in the USA, they are sold world wide.
    In the USA they are also sold by factorynew.com under the brand name cam-wood.

The simple reason that sh-cnc can sell their machines at such low prices is that they are manufactured in China, where wages are very low compared to western countries.

Rocket.
    Yeah I know china is kinda the Hoes of the world, they run everyone out of business from outsourcing but god bless them they make stuff good but for cheap. I get the 1/64 scale Diecast racecars from ADC made in china and wrap them to look like local race legends. the detail is amazing and there is even plug wires a working stering wheel, soft fuel line and seat belts and even through a us distributor the are $32 ea. how can they cast all those parts and put it together ship over seas and the US dist makes money and so do I. That is how it goes I guess. With out china there would be a lot of things we use every day that would not be so affordable. I will check out that site though I am sold on shop sabre. thanks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I went to that factorynew.com site but I guess that the Bloody greety american distributor figures that the same machine you have that you paid $16,000 is worth $29,000 in the usa.
    Unless I am mistaken I went there and found the 5x10 with 3.5 spindle a t-slot table but it is no where near $16,000. Everything doubles when it crosses to the western hemisphere because Aparently us americans have twice as much money. You gota love a county that is allowing Illegal imagrants to draw social security though they never worked a day here.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default ebay

its on ebay
    Item number: 130173463389
    cabnet

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

How le moly that is bigger and half of what I will have into a shop sabre. I this a servo or stepper cnc?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

any one know why I can't look at what else he has sold. they are all blocked. I want to see if he has sold any other cnc machines. he has 116 positive feed backs but don't really trust e-bay.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default dont know

i have asked them (via ebay) to call me but it was late in the day and i have yet to hear from them. i have been researching this level of cnc for a while.
    i can say i am highly impressed with shop sabre and techno. as a cabinetmaker i am looking for the ability to have a slave drill z axis on board with the main z axis as we need to machine shelf pin holes then cut parts
    i don't mind changing bits for carving. i gotta tell you shop bot has well figured
    this out. digirout has a unit that has an extended x axis over the table and can put two z's next to each other. i am working to find the right machine
    and i am sure that will happen soon. i will speak well of xfactory i have bought large equipment from them and was very satisfied with how thier process worked.

so lets do this heres my specs
    5x 96 or 4x8 clear cutting area (my only true 5' material is 5x5 baltic and i can work around this.
    fast, strong cut mdf and melamine at 6-8" per second plus
    parts (steppers/servos) mostly non proprietary for easy replacement
    gantry that can handle slave z axis in line (not side by side)
    digitizer probe and related software
    cad cam software

i can or will provide new laptop and vaccum and dust collection
    (i got enough Dells)

what do you guys know that i havent seen yet.

cabnet

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok Help me out here.

Item that is on ebay
    Item number: 130173463389
    posted by cabnet

is the salesman named Keith I got him to call me today but missed the call this was the guy that I contacted through ebay. He said he worked for Travel Marketing, right that sounds like a Holding company. has any one else bought from these guys? are parts and service easy to get, how about bits and other things that it will break? if this is a holding company how reliable and knolegable are they?

I am open to this guy and the sh-cnc because it looks like I can get way more for less machine for less than some of the us built machines.

but rocket67 you say that this item on ebay is not the sh-cnc that you have and got for 16k.

are these two different companies or different machines. I can't seem to get this straight. I will call this Keith tomorrow and hopfully get it straight.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default ebay camwood sh ecitech

it is my impression that the ebay model and the camwood are of the same
    manufacturer, whether they are of the same specs remains to be seen.
    also whether or not they are cousin to the shcnc/excitech i really am not
    even remotely qualified to say

cabnet

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am kinda seeing it now. Yes I am very leary of the ebay outfit. they definatly sound like a middle man. They could be here today gone tomorrow. I went to sh-cnc and sent a e-mail. I just wonder how easy is it to get this machine into the US and how are parts to get? I will e-mail this taney also. I also am kinda nervious to buy a machine direct from china how safe is that also. I like the us companies because I could drive there andfind them if needed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

well I know that almost everything or atleast components all start in china in some way or another. I have sent a e-mail to this sh-cnc and I will see what they can do for me. I have only been looking for 2 months now and have changed my mind 20 times. I went from a Multicam, techno, shop bot, shop sabre, plasma route, tourchmate, ect. now I have just been turned around again by this fourm about these other china direct machines. I can say for what I was going to get with sabre a 3.5 hp spindle 4x8 table (no t-slot or wood top) servos dust skirt was pushing 24 thousand and I seem to be able to get that same or equal features for about $12,000. lets do the math it will take half as long and half as much to pay off 12k vs 24k. I hope to make contact with them tomorrow. I have the loan approved and all I just am starting to change my mind again.

I want to start a new thread to see who is using that e-bay machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default some years ago

i saw an article on the manufacturing of woodworking machines in fine woodworking magazine where it was found that basically all machines are built in a few plants and the quality is determined by the supplier in the us and what they require for specifications for thier respective customers.
    it was found that all 15" planers with the exception of one in canada
    where being proccessed at one plant and further provided photographs
    of an assembly line where planers were shown in there respective marketing colors side by side.
    we've known for many years that all vcrs were manufactured in just a few plants in tiawan. recently i provided the front desk and lobby display walls
    for the China Construction Company here in the southeast and yes they are owned by the peoples republic of china. dude they are now here building your high schools. (Nice people to work for, paid well and extremely proffessional) and i can assure you that while operating in a democratic and capitalistic environment the are all owned by The Peoples Republic of China

after comparing the sh-cnc (excitech), camwood 1325 and the yet to be named ebay model we have seen in this thread. We are looking at extremely inbred cousins if not sisters and brothers.

that said, i am not afraid of the quality of any of them. like kustom concepts
    i also have been down the road and am within a day of purchase. i have german edgebanders and italian saws, the germans demand such quality even at there public level that wal-mart has floundered there! personally my most basic requirement of a machine at this level is that i can get parts and fix it myself. i believe the chinese machines can fit that. with shopbot just two hours up the road and fitting all of my needs it is easy to see why i amd leaning that way.

rocket i am sure you have picked the right machine i look forward to seeing where you, kustom and i go with our machines keep this thread going

cabnet
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

Page 1 of 131 12341151101 ... LastLast