Excitech Cnc Router Purchase - Page 4

Page 4 of 131 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Excitech Cnc Router Purchase

Downloads
    Uploads

Default i know, i am talking to all of them (cnc machines)

im appreciate the moderator and the patience he had practiced in all of this.
    i participate in severak other forums on cabinetmaking ,finishing, business and now cnc machinery

personally i expect a lively, frank open and honest opportunity to exchange ideas and make informed decisions based on my own findings.

carvin marvin i think you posted that you had purchased one of these machines and were having trouble of some kind. i see now you are purchasing
    a warthog which i have looked at and have not ruled it out. are you purchasing an additional machine or have you solved your problem with the chinese machine?.

rocket
    i have been involved in the architectural woodwork trade for a while in my area. a while back i tried an idea for some products that we templated and carved by portable routers and hand. i have seen shops with multiple
    machines and realize that in the way i think there will be multiple machines
    in my future. i have always practiced redundancy on this i have all porter cable routers and bosch cordless drills (matching batterie systems!!) mulitiple unisaws with extra motors etc. sure i could out source (no fun)

1)i am looking for the machine that will give me the ability to do the work at hand

2)be resonably simple to operate and allow an operator an opportunity to earn a decent living beyond feeding his or her family.

3)i also see the cnc as a safer alternative to our methods ( i stuck my right thumb in a tablesaw twice last year )

4)the ability to replace parts and stay function with a minimum of downtime
    every part it takes to build and operate a cnc machine is within an hour
    of me.

5) our experience with the learning curve with the brandt edge bander
    (German and bought brand new) all of the problems we were to have
    with it happened at the outset (encoders failed in the first month)
    the actual cost of the downtime and resulting issues woud have been
    enough to buy us another machine CASH. my employees are absolutly
    involved in this decision and are dictating that the machine be new.

6) i did not see the post that you refer to as defamitory to the chinese.
    in your response on this thread you refered to some kind of private
    message and i agreed with the moderators removal of you post
    ( i get hot headed or passionate too!!) but i feel your removal of all of
    your post was not a good idea as it was good info and was an important
    part of allof this exchange and thread sorta borders on censorship.

personally ( i believe the problems we have here in the states are our
    own fault and greed) we have this great movement to shrink government
    in our country. i thought this was a good idea. in the end this is done
    at the expence of teachers, law enforcement and watchdog regulators
    who might could have prevented some of these problems.

years ago when the oceans were much safer i sailed around the
    mediterranian ocean on a beautiful schooner with apair of
    australian brothers robert and oshmar scales if you see um tell em
    i had agreat time

cabnet

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default HONEST is the operative word

cabnet, You hit the nail on the head in you third paragraph.

I absolutely agree that a frank, open and HONEST debate about machines is fantastic. Unfortunately, certain people with their own agenda have made a mockery of this process.

I will PM you word for word the garbage that was sent to KustomKoncepts
    and i would caution the sender that this is a public forum and there may well be ramifications for him about it. He is not absolved of any legal issues.

This is my point - All that i wish to do is have a lively debate going. I am not for one minute asking anybody to buy from one country versus another. I am sure that as a patriotic citizen you would prefer to buy goods that are produced in your own country. So would i. But in my case to buy local would have cost more than i was willing to pay.

Good luck with your machine purchase. I have stated several times that i am envious of you blokes because you have such a large choice of machines to choose from.

Regards, Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I also agree with you all. asking any competitor, former employer or X business partner I have never got a good or happy story form them about the debocled friend ship.

We all start somewhere, I worked for a sign shop before I thought I could do better on my own. I did open my own but I did it in a different city 4 hours away from my previous employer. I still give him props on my website because without him I would not have been turned on to this whole sign thing in the first place.

I could call almost any CNC place and ask about another CNC place and they will indefinately bash them. It is competition all these machines do is run a program of xyz figures. there is not any real technology here. they are all about the same size, color, speed and features. It is all based on the size features and at what price we small shops can afford.

This whole thing about the chinese machines that was brought to us by rocket has really goten blown out of porportion. almost all the components on most of these american machines (correct me if I am wrong) mainly the spindels and electronic componets. probubly are made in foreign counrties anyways.

rocket I appreciate you starting this thread but now we have learned that there are distributors for this same machine here in the states and canida. I would not have even found about this untill you got us thinking about it.

other members on here seem to be VERY bitter about the whole excitech xhyd maxicam thing and he has sent some bad pm's to us. It may be true it may be not true. We are mostly good christians here but we are not perfect and you could find dirt on almost all of us.

I just want a machine that fits my requirements, at the price a small shop can abtain.

there has to be 200 cnc places out there and yes we try to find the best one when all along they are all the best some have just been around longer, spent more time developing and making there machine a little different. Some just have more money backing them to make them selfs look bigger and important. So for that reason alone we pay more for there machine because they look like big timers.

I am seeing this in my own town. I am one a guy shop., a bigger sign shop has 6 locations and 60 plus employees 102" printers, boom lifts, engeneers, ect.

Can they design a logo or sign better? No actually I put more creativity into mine and personal touches but I do 10 big signs a year they have to do 300 a year. and they can get the sign done in a fraction of the time I can but they have the work force to do so and they have to to make the bills.

so does that make me a pidley nobody? am I less of a person because I don't have a huge shop and employees?

I kinda despise those big rich business aho## owners , driving around in there hummers and feraris and million dollar houses and they do nothing anymore. just get up and look at their bank account rise and there min wage employees who can't even feed there family.

I think I am going to stop posting here and keep in touch with a certain member and do more covert searching until I have a machine sitting here. then we can talk about tips and trick with A cnc vs the trying to find the best cnc.

this chinese machine if you want to get technical when compared to one of the top cnc US machines actually falls short as far as specs.

another US machine I looked at was offering

3 hp spindel

4x8

No Vac table

travel speed 600

max cut speed 450

the chinese machine

4 hp Liquid cooled spindel

5x10

5.5 HP vacume table

trans speed 1250

max cut 787

all this difference for around $12,000 less

so If you want less for more

I kinda like more for less I don't know about you.

Every one Make your own evaluations and decissions I really is up to each shop owner to decide what he is really getting into.

later

kustom

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

KustomKoncepts, You have just sent me a PM to say that carvin is still sending you his bull.

You need to send all of his drivel to ger21

Please do so immediately.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default gotta feed the horses (literally)

i'll be back soon

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ger21, (who is one of moderators here, asked that I make my post public..)

I sent a private message to Kustom as I didnt think our back and forth dialog should take up space on the public forum.. the mods have asked me to take it here and I have no problem with that.

I purchased one of these "excitech" routers. more than three months later I received the router, or what should have been the router. It does not work AT ALL.. I am not a cnc newbie and I have had several other techs look at it. "excitech" has been no help at all.. They will not return any emails or phone calls.. I did a yahoo search to see if others had trouble with them and found this forum..

I saw that Kustom was considering one so I let him know my experience with them.. I did so via a private message. Also while searching In the past days days I have found out a few other things..

By tracking my freight documents I was able to get in touch with the trade rep in China the other day. They have an affiliate office here in the Sates as well. the company in question, XHYC is also now calling themselves Excitetech, among the other names Jinhan, SHCNC and more (as Kustom discovered they are using many different names and posted some of them here) I was told that they haved changed their name several times due to many tech problems. US Customs actually stopped allowing shipments from XHY because of all the scam complaints. I was also told the depatment of justice has a file open on them and two "resellers" one here and one in Canada.

Another thing I learned is where it gets real interesting.. The latest name "excitech" is actualy a company called Jinhan something but get this, the owners of Jinhan are none other than an Austrailain firm who partnered with a chinese guy name Maxry who is a partner of XHYc!. together they formed a new chinese business named excitech and put up a fancy website. The routers though are XHY.

When I first saw these posts I thought there was something very weird about how much that Rocket guy (who says he is from Australia), is pushing excite. My conclusion was he must works for the austrailian firm..

Why else would anybody push a machine some much when he claims to have not even received it?

When I sent Rocket a Private message to ask him about all the posts he made trying so hard to sell people the excitech, he immediately went and removed the posts he made! (see this thread)

Unlike Rocket I can provide pictures of the router or what is supposed to be a router. Despite saying otherwise the electrical is non compliant with any US set up.. The Machines are not UL APPROVED AND as such are ILLEGAL to sell in the U.S.!! The gears on the router are made from PLASTIC! yes plastic gears!! There is no leveling system, the steel they use for the frame is soo thin that it will collapse is you put any weight on it.. I can't figure out how they were able to weld the joints with out melting the thin steel.. until I touched the welds and they actually crumbled into dust.

The router arrives with layers of rust on it. The software is an illegal version. The "spindle" is actually 2HP and the "liquid cooled system" they claim is nothing more than a fish tank pump that you are expected to put in a bucket of water.. And get this the little pump is 220v!!! The manual they send with pin diagrams etc are for an entirely different router, which I found on another chinese foctories website.. They cut and pasted it even though it is not even for their router.

I can go on about the nightmare this Excite router has been to our life.. We are out the money we sent and now have a big paperweight taking up space in our shop..

Rocket if you want one so bad I'm telling you right here in a public forum. I will sell you our excitech for 1/4 of the price.. if you want to take me up on the offer let me know.

As for you Kustom, I have shared my experience with you about this router. What you get is your option.. I have not pushed any system on you or tried to sell you any system.. I have nothing to gain here other than helping another small business guy out.. I hope to save you the trouble I am going though.

Best of luck.

Last edited by ger21; 11-18-2007 at 09:42 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh dear!!!!!
    I missed the posts over the weekend and now they deleted!,
    So Carvin, your saying that the CNC router Ive ordered has plastic gears?!
    Im feeling kinda sick. Ive purchased this for home use!!
    BClark6716 please tell me your excitech SHG0609 router doesnt have plastic gears!!
    I dunno who to believe anymore - I guess my own eyes when/if I recieve
    the router.
    Thanks for the luck carvin, I think im gonna need it!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow, carvin has had a terrible experience compared to my dealings with excitech (haven't got my machine yet though) and others in Australia that have bought them that I've spoken to.. that's a bit worrying.

How long ago did you purchase the machine carvin?

It's always healthy to be sceptical of people who seem to be pushing some products too hard, but I think you've missed the mark in accusing rocket.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default bclark6716

i ve messaged bclark6716
    hope fully he'll tell us about his machine

cabnet

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Rocket is no Troll

Gentlemen,

I have few posts here so risk being veiwed with little credability also. I doubt Rocket is an associate of exitech as he sought detail of my experience in assisting with his decision to purchase.

I found CNC Zone in search of info concerning China Sourced CNC product.

On reading the experience of others, principally Scott I made the plunge and ordered an Exitech Machine.

Dealings were smooth and my Exitec Machine arrived as promised and is working without issue (my only problem concerned damage in transit to the control cabinet which for all I know may have occured on the docks in Australia).

From what I can tell the Spindle is HSD (Italy), the VAC pump is like any other German Becker I have seen and the table appears solid (certainly flat within .2mm over the 2400mm bed length). The weight gauge on the fork that lifted the crate on the truck would suggest the RHS wall thickness is fairly heavy (welds arent as pretty as I have seen but certainly sound).

If anyone would like please let me know particular areas of interest and I will happily post detailed photo's of the machine.

Regards

Jimmy

Downloads
    Uploads

Default welcome

i was just reading your post in the otherthread

i for one hope you' post photos of machine in your shop

what type of work do you use it for how long have you had it ?

does it use nema 34 motors ?

may have more questions

welcome and stay with this if possible

cabnet

here they are http://sh-cnc.en.alibaba.com/

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cabnet,

Not sure if NEMA- how do I tell? I know they are steppers but there don't appear to be an markings on the motors themselves.

Any particular photo's you want (close ups)?

Machine is principally employed in routing MDF and PLY for prototyping custom loudspeaker components and manufacture of accoustic panels and furniture for pro audio and high end home theatre instalations. Probably considered as fairly light duty as only rout around 200 8*4 sheets /month at present.

Regards

Jimmy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry

Hi all,
    Carvinmarvin, sorry to hear your experience to be so shocking. I also have an exitech machine xhs6090 that i bought almost a year ago now (that has boosted our business further than expected), and i have had NO problems with it, no rust, no shonky chassis and as far as i know, no plastic gears. As for the software i have the type 3 software with a type3 dongle, so i can't see how it is illegal (the dongle has "type 3" cast into the plastic) the leveling system on mine is at the bottom of the chassis and it works just fine. I didn't actually know that it was an australian firm that owns this business. If that was the case i wonder why the business would be called jinan singhui (doesn't sound very aussie to me) plus i couldn't find any info for these machines in australia before i bought mine (wouldn't the "supposed" australian company be trying to sell them here on his own home turf?) Does this "Maxry" actually have a last name?

You also mention that your "conclusion" is that rocket works for this company. Get your facts right before you slag off at other people. Read this thread http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26588 he was also dubious about purchasing from china. My experience with exitech has been nothing but world standard. They are more helpful than most australian companies and other countries that i won't mention. (don't even think of accusing me of working for them)

On another tangent (not directed at you carvinmarvin) people should stop critisizing the chinese for exporting their equipment to the world, i think it's just another form of racism. Americans export to other countries so do great britain (what makes them so great anyway) japan, south america, italy germany, australia etc. Every country has their little go at being the world leaders in export, but unfortunatly for some of our countries, we just can't get it right (unlike the chinese at the moment). So just pick the right product at the right price (who cares what part of the world it came from) It's obviously better to keep the money in your own country but if you can get a similar product for a quarter of the price elsewhere...... DO IT!!! Rant over.

Anyway i'm sure others around the world have bought from exitech and everybody would love to hear your experiences (good or bad) But get your facts right before you start slandering people.

Scott

Downloads
    Uploads

Default YEA

photos of machine entire from maybe a right and left perspective
    the gantry
    y axis rack and pinon or drive system
    x axis truck and motors rails etc
    do you have tool changer
    vaccum

all of this is appreciated
    i'll get you a nema 34 boly pattern spec
    this is so if we have to replace motors

http://www.zaber.com/images/db_produ...sions_nm34.gif

cabnet

Downloads
    Uploads

Default check this

check this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbwZyWOR4IM

cabnet

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by carvinmarvin View Post
    When I first saw these posts I thought there was something very weird about how much that Rocket guy (who says he is from Australia), is pushing excite. My conclusion was he must works for the austrailian firm..
    Not sure how you came to that conclusion. Rocket joined this site a few weeks ago asking for opinions as he was interested in purchasing this machine for his woodworking business. He got favorable responses from several Australians who said that they owned these machines. This led him to decide to purchase this machine, and he started this thread to let everyone know about his purchase experience. I never saw anything he posted that would lead me to believe he was anything other than someone interested in purchasing a machine. And I've read all the posts he's made.

If you have comments to make about your purchase, that's fine. But no more accusations and name calling.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Scott and Jimmy for posting. Those are definitely the responses we all like to hear

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thanks Fellas

Scott and Jimmy, Thank you for posting your replies. This thread really needed some Excitech owners to step up to the plate.
    I will be one myself in about three weeks. Howzat says that he will have his over the next two weeks.

The funny thing to me is that right now i would not have a clue about how to use it.

A lot has been written about the power supply to the machines. Are your machines single or 3 phase?

What about computer requirements? We are about to purchase one for our machine. Any suggestions?

Regards, Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

Hi rocket,
    Happy to help, Mine's single phase but it's only a little machine (600 x 900 bed) as for a computer, (unless you are using it to program the machine) go get a $100 one from the markets, because all it's there for is to transfer files to the controller, but if you're programming look at $1500 at least for a decent one.

It would be great to have local support for these machines but for the price you can't expect a diamond, can you? Just keep posting questions here and anyone that's trawling the net will hopefully find this thread to help them as well.

By the way, to add to carvinmarvins post again. he mentioned he had several techies look at the machine and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it......... Jeez i hope he didn't pay them (they were qualified weren't they, that is their job isn't it?) why didn't they suggest building a new controller? correct me if i'm wrong but i think you can build a controller for less than $500 US. You've got a perfectly good motion system there, steppers, ball screws, rails, fully wired, spindle (plastic gears?) chassis (albeit a little rusty with dodgy welds). I'll take it at 1/4 the price. I've always thought that if my controller goes, i've got suppliers sitting there in my internet favorites ready to go for a complete new one. Anyway someone should buy that machine before he changes his mind (rusty or not, how much rust will something contract in three months?) and weld some feet on with some nuts and pop a few bolts in there. SHAZAM! you have a leveling system and a perfectly good starting point for a money making machine!

So marvin, step up to the plate and show everybody the pictures of your rusty machine (layers of rust?) and put us all to shame. After all you wanted rocket to post his pictures, but why don't we just wait till rocket actually gets his machine so he can take some photos.

Scott

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rocket,

Your machine will definately be 3phase.

Nameplate's on machine, VAC pump and Dust extraction motor all say 380 Volt 3ph but they should be fine on 415v.

You may be suprised (I was) at what size 3 pole breaker you end up needing. I thought my machine was DOA as it tripped the breaker every time I turned it on untill I put a motor rated breaker in the board. I suspect the culprit to be the delta inverter that feeds the spindle. My spindle is 6kw (8,2hp).

Computer will depend on what software you end up running. The supplied software (type3 & wentai) is pretty basic and wouldn't benefit greatly from a high end computer. The supplied software should handle just about any 2 or 2.5D routing job you can think of and will accept DXF files.

I thought I would take a month before I got anything useful done with my machine but it was really a LOT easier than expected to get going (once you get used to the sound).

Page 4 of 131 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast