Regarding hsd atc es929 spindle single phasing issue.

Thread: Regarding hsd atc es929 spindle single phasing issue.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Regarding hsd atc es929 spindle single phasing issue.

Hello.

I own a exitech atc cnc router.

Yesterday the spindle shaft not turrning but the running sound is coming from inside the spindle the
    Sound was not bad.

While troubleshooting i several times start the spindle for 2 to 5 sec and stop.

In the end i find that the power connector on the spindle top a phase contact not good thats why the single phasing happens.

Question is as i mention i start and stop the spindle sevral times does this effect or damage the motor beacuse the spindle is not getting all three phases.

Other thing is if due to single phasing the spindle shaft not turning whats inside which is running and make sound.

Does the hsd atc spindle es929 9kw has some protection in this scenario.

Kindly give your expert advice.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Regarding hsd atc es929 spindle single phasing issue.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Abid View Post
    Hello.

I own a exitech atc cnc router.

Yesterday the spindle shaft not turrning but the running sound is coming from inside the spindle the
    Sound was not bad.

While troubleshooting i several times start the spindle for 2 to 5 sec and stop.

In the end i find that the power connector on the spindle top a phase contact not good thats why the single phasing happens.

Question is as i mention i start and stop the spindle sevral times does this effect or damage the motor beacuse the spindle is not getting all three phases.

Other thing is if due to single phasing the spindle shaft not turning whats inside which is running and make sound.

Does the hsd atc spindle es929 9kw has some protection in this scenario.

Kindly give your expert advice.
    If your VFD was set correctly it should fault out, because it was unable to get up to speed,( Check Ramp up to speed time, may be set to long ) and ( check the motor rated amps setting ) the spindle will draw excessive current,heat up and will burn out the windings, so you could quite easy, have some windings damage

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank for the reply.

But the output from vfd to the spindle is ok all phases is present.
    The problem is between the output cable and the spindle connector.
    Will the vfd also detect this?
    As i mention for while troubleshooting several times start the spindle and stop but not more then 2 to 5 sec could this small time of play can also doo damage.?

Other thing if single phasing happens then whats that sound of spining comes.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by M.Abid View Post
    Thank for the reply.

But the output from vfd to the spindle is ok all phases is present.
    The problem is between the output cable and the spindle connector.
    Will the vfd also detect this?
    As i mention for while troubleshooting several times start the spindle and stop but not more then 2 to 5 sec could this small time of play can also doo damage.?

Other thing if single phasing happens then whats that sound of spining comes.
    The VFD will sense the imbalance and high current draw on 2 phases going to the spindle, and should shut it down, no you may be fine, if you can smell any burning you will know that there is damage

You should never measure the VFD output unless you have the correct equipment as you can damage the VFD

The noise is more a vibration because of a magnetic imbalance

Make sure you are using highflex quality power cables, IGUS have some of the best cables for these applications

Mactec54