DSP hurts me

Thread: DSP hurts me

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool DSP hurts me

So there we were... all excited about our new machine. We are newbies at cnc and were happy that soon we could do away with the template handheld router technic that we had been using for many years. Anyway we unpacked the machine, levelled it, cleaned it up, got power to it and all was good... now to the DSP, it powers up, shows the Excitech logo and then says goto home? if you hit 'ok' the machine goes to home and all is good. Now for the problem... if you hit the menu button on the DSP the screen is just blank. No Menu at all.

After all the reading that we have done on this forum it seems that our DSP should be ok but we need to do some sort of factory reset. We have tried the "hold down 'ok' button then plug into power. Emergency program comes up and we click on it but it doesn't do anything.. still the same problem. Anyway can someone please help a brotha out

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Menu Function Not working..

Hi Rammpro, I can probably give you some pointers.
    Hopefully you haven't tried to update anything yet through your PC. If I read your post correctly, It seems that the problem is your Menu File.
    When you press menu, you should see labels such as "MACHINE SETUP" and "AUTO PRO SETUP". If you do not see this, you will find that it is easy to recover. The Menu file is simply that, a configurable index of commands you can send to the DSP processor. Before I get you into trouble, can I ask you if the rest of the DSP is functioning properly ? Can you move the 3 axes ? when you press delete, are you able to load a file ? Can you turn the spindle on and off ?

If these things are all working, I have a good feeling that you aren't far away from fixing things. One query, does the initial logo say "Excitech" ? or does it say "CNC Router" ?

If you give me this info I may be able to help..

Regards,
    André

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DSP hurts me

Hey Andre09,

Thank you for your reply,

And yes the DSP seems to be functioning properly. I can move the 3 axes and spool up the spindle. As for loading a g-code... That is kind of when our problem started. I loaded a g-code to the supplied flash drive and put it into the DSP and all it would say was can not load file because the file wasn't a PLT or G-code. I pretty much tried every file format 'cut2D' would export and the same msg always came up... Oh and at the point the menu function would work. If I pressed the menu button it would show ' MACHINE SETUP, AUTO PRO SETUP... ' So anyway I decided I would try a different USB flash drive. Loaded a file to it and brought it over to the machine and it worked!... Well kind of. It at least let me get to the second page where it showed all the parameters of the G-code. I tried to run the code but it did nothing. After that I noticed that now when I press the Menu button it is just a blank screen... No ' MACHINE SETUP, AUTO PRO SETUP... ' or anything. Oh and our DSP reads 'Excitech' when the DSP first comes on. We have not yet hooked it up to our computer and tried to update anything... And won't.. Heard bad things can happen if you don't know what you are doing.

On a side note before all this happened I found a G-code that was pre loaded on the DSP from the manufacturer. I set the Z-zero high in the air and ran the program and the machine ran the program no problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for your responce.
    Ryan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ryan, because your DSP reads "Excitech" on startup, I can't be 100% certain that both of our controllers work identically. Having said that, I doubt that there would be too much difference between the two.

I spent quite a bit of time learning about the Menu & Label files.

You should have received a CD with installation and program files from your supplier. Most people I have spoken to have a list of files as follows:

0501(English).exe (Signtek Installation Software)
    usbsys(Folder) (USB install software)

RZNC-D5416-1-1.2(zhb59)_init.NEWBIN2 (Boot Software)
    RZNC-D5416-1-1.2(zhb1560)_normal.NEWBIN2 (Main Program)

zhbLabel501_C_v17.label (Chinese label File)
    zhbLabel501_E_v17.label (English Label File)

0501_1.0_Menu C.txt (Chinese Menu File)
    0501_1.0_Menu E.txt (English Menu File)

These files are everything required to run your controller.

Before you take any of my advice, be aware of the two DSP Death Files !!

I have mistakenly tried to update my DSP with one of these files I can assure you if you do the same, you are not gonna think very highly of me. Now that you have been warned, I will try to give you the best advice I can.

I have used the SIGNTEK software provided and had success with it. From the sounds of it, you may need to do the same. Read this post from a former employee of the manufacturer of these controller:

Hi, I read the posts. I once worked the Dsp company for years. the questions for Cenicero and Andre09 are quite different. Andre09 have to send the controller back to the China for repaire because the controller you have lost its boot program which is saved in the dsp chip; but no neccessary for Cenicero because your controller just lost some files(80% possibility is the english menu file) which saved in Memory chip, those files can be update via the host program(signtek program you called).
    For Cenicero, you need a english version host program and the english menu file and maybe bin files. Normally your cnc router manufacturer should send you english version host program and all file with the controller.
    I can tell the Shannon is very experienced for the dsp controller.
    For RZNC0501, the dsp company had a special version since last year, which has:"CNC ROUTER", this one cannt be updated Logo file, bin files, otherwise it will lead to error.
    yes, for the .dat file is to save all your dsp settings parameter as a file, such as: pulse equivalent, machine size, motor direction, home direction, inputs/outputs properties. If you save it when you got your machine or got the file from your cnc manufacturer, then it will helps in future when the inside parameter changed by mistake or corrupted.
    The dsp can get power from the cnc router or the pc, but it is really dangerous to get from both of them, the inside chip needs only DC3.3v. of course the inside power manage chip converts DC5v to DC3.3V, but the chip gets power from both router and PC, it will destory it sometimes. So be careful!
    It seems that you may have the same problem as Cenicero, which means that you are missing or have a corrupted Menu file. I really hope that you have not tried to upload or update any of the files from above. If you have, my advice probably wont help. If you haven't and you would like me to guide you through the Signtek Software, let me know. I hesitate to instruct you publicly because others may also try,fail and hold me responsible.

I believe my method of using the software is safe and reliable.
    Cheers,
    André

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile DSP no longer hurts me

Hey André,

Well today was a good day. I got a friend of mine who has a great understanding of computers and file extensions to come into the shop today. I showed him the information that you sent me on this forum. We heeded your warnings of the 'death files' and stepped lightly and in the end we won! The DSP is back to what it was and the menu screen is back. He also helped me get the G-code all figured out. The machine ran some tools paths brilliantly!! Thank you soooo much for your help. If there is ever anything that I can do for you just ask

Hope life treats you well

Thanks again,
    Ryan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your welcome Ryan. With the knowledge you have worked out with your friend today, I reckon you'll be able to get yourself out of most problems with the DSP. Leave those two death files alone and your set...

Now comes the real challenge. Trying to make stuff that will impress the better half and help her justify the cost of the machine...

Good Luck..

André

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    I wonder if anyone knows were I could get the default parameter setting for a
    DSP RZNC-D5416/32M/3/L1-4.902 (zhb233).
    Any help would be appreciated
    thanks
    Darren

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DSP hurts me

hello, maybe you can have a try to use our NK105 handheld controller.
    Ms. Mary

WEIHONG Electronic Technology Co.,Ltd.

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/weihongcnccontroller
    Gmail:mary.shanghai06@gmail.com

Mob.:0086-15026790925
    Add.:No.29, 2338 Duhui Rd., Minhang, Shanghai, China.
    http://www.weihong.com.cn
    Shanghai Weihong Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. - motion control system,technological development in electronic

Downloads
    Uploads

Just wondering if anyone can pm me with these files...no CD came with used machine.

I have the configuration files with pulse, table, spindle etc, just need to initialize and normal progs for the handheld.

thanks for all your help folks,

Al

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I have made a mistake by trying to update my RZNC-0501 DSP. Now it states PIRACY CONTROL SYSTEM. Aparently it is a clone.. Can you share with me the those files that are in your CDROM?

0501(English).exe (Signtek Installation Software)
    usbsys(Folder) (USB install software)

zhbLabel501_C_v17.label (Chinese label File)
    zhbLabel501_E_v17.label (English Label File)

0501_1.0_Menu C.txt (Chinese Menu File)

Thank you very much

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi P Alves, I have them all and I'll email them to you tonight when I get home from work. PM me with your email.

I got lucky last year and the tech support girl and I got it figured out on Whatsap in the middle of the night and she sent me the files.

Al.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Andre, anybody, Could you help me find a driver for ZHBUSBController for DSP RZNC-D5416/32M working on Win10?
    The genuine works on XP. To be well understand I use software to load cnc files by USB connection in Handle!
    Tnaks in advance

Hi, this thread has some super useful information, but could anyone be so fantastic to upload/link me to this file?

After re-flashing with firmware from the Richauto site my menu is stuck in Chinese! even though the controller has been (partially) set to English. It seems all i need is this file to sort it out. Thanks