Europe COVID 19 VENTILATORS ARE EVERYWHERE - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: COVID 19 VENTILATORS ARE EVERYWHERE

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: COVID 19 VENTILATORS ARE EVERYWHERE

Just for fun I took a mental inventory of what bits & pieces I have around here that could be used to make a ventilator.

So the parts on the shelf:
    Duct Tape, the most important item in the whole system. It couldn't possibly work without duct tape.
    Several industrial controllers that would work
    Several adjustable differential pressure sensors that are in the right operating range. Actual medical devices that a local manufacturer surplused.
    Oxygen concentrator, 8LPM @ 80% as I recall. Industrial, not medical rated, but this is just a mental excersize.
    Clean, dry compressed air source, not really breathing air. My machines seem happy with it, but they like a little oil in the air.
    One large bottle O2, welding tank, just replaced last week
    A couple of high volume, low pressure, pilot operated pneumatic check valves, about 30mm ports
    A couple of medical O2 regulator/flow meters
    An old CPAP machine
    Plenty of fittings and flow controls
    120V, 2000W inverter for battery backup system
    Valves, regulators, and other hardware as needed
    A bunch of steppers, servos, and drives from NEMA 17 and up
    Ball screws, from 6mm to 40mm dia.
    Rails and carriages in various sizes
    Air cylinders in various sizes

The one thing I don't have is an oximeter, Windows 7/10 compatible, but those are available from Amazon. Need to be able to read the blood O2 saturation level to feed back to the controller, may as well make it full closed loop system.

I think I could cludge something together out of all that stuff that might actually sorta work, more or less, kinda. Maybe taxslave would like to be the test subject

Worst case, I have 5 CNC machines sitting there that could be programmed to operate a bellows.

Last edited by Jim Dawson; 04-01-2020 at 02:30 AM.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

I would like to remind you again to throttle the temperature here a bit and not to be offensive. Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CL_MotoTech View Post
    Four pages in, have you saved any lives yet?
    It seems clear that being RIGHT on an internet forum is very important in some quarters.Doing something constructive-less important.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by taxslave View Post
    You should send this to the kid in China that saved his neighbors life with his contraption when nothing else was available.
    Thanks for more of the same though. You're going through a lot of work I see. Its a good thing you sent me this.
    No that is more a publicity stunt than saving someone's life, if the person only needed bagging then they where not going to die anyway, tell this to the 4000 family's in the usa that all they needed was to be bagged and there loved ones would not have died

You keep on talking but still have nothing to show anyone I believe you are just feeding off our posts and will never have anything to show but just talk about unusable dreams

Making Masks right now would be more useful than any Franken bagging machine which there is no shortage of, even the Chinese guy had one

Think of something out of the box that has not already been done Franken bagging machines has been and gone move on to something that can be useful

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    Just for fun I took a mental inventory of what bits & pieces I have around here that could be used to make a ventilator.

So the parts on the shelf:
    Duct Tape, the most important item in the whole system. It couldn't possibly work without duct tape.
    Several industrial controllers that would work
    Several adjustable differential pressure sensors that are in the right operating range. Actual medical devices that a local manufacturer surplused.
    Oxygen concentrator, 8LPM @ 80% as I recall. Industrial, not medical rated, but this is just a mental excersize.
    Clean, dry compressed air source, not really breathing air. My machines seem happy with it, but they like a little oil in the air.
    One large bottle O2, welding tank, just replaced last week
    A couple of high volume, low pressure, pilot operated pneumatic check valves, about 30mm ports
    A couple of medical O2 regulator/flow meters
    An old CPAP machine
    Plenty of fittings and flow controls
    120V, 2000W inverter for battery backup system
    Valves, regulators, and other hardware as needed
    A bunch of steppers, servos, and drives from NEMA 17 and up
    Ball screws, from 6mm to 40mm dia.
    Rails and carriages in various sizes
    Air cylinders in various sizes

The one thing I don't have is an oximeter, Windows 7/10 compatible, but those are available from Amazon. Need to be able to read the blood O2 saturation level to feed back to the controller, may as well make it full closed loop system.

I think I could cludge something together out of all that stuff that might actually sorta work, more or less, kinda. Maybe taxslave would like to be the test subject

Worst case, I have 5 CNC machines sitting there that could be programmed to operate a bellows.
    You don't need a bellows of any kind just 2 pressurized bottles oxygen and air and most are using pneumatics no steppers or servos required

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

This video may help some get a handle on what kind of controls are needed, which is not that complicated for a basic Ventilator, just a simple PLC can control most of the functions needed for a basic ventilator

Critical Care has the same functions but more sophisticated on how they are controlled

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

It´s a pity that this in itself very interesting discussion slips again and again into the personal.
    (By the way, nobody here has called for admins.)

Downloads
    Uploads

It's pointless! There is no point in reinventing the wheel.

Downloads
    Uploads

hello guys i don't know why i found this only recently

the ventilators procedure, as many other things, was *recomanded from top up

officially questioning, to refusing to apply it, would bring one to the higher comitte, perhaps havning his license suspended during the trial; it may end up in license on ( being able to return to work ) or license off ( fired, out of system )

such commites are enabled each time personal deviates from standard procedure, not only medical stuff during covid, but long before; as a general rule, once you are informed that your license is questioned, then be ready for consequences; trial timeframe is from few weeks to maybe an year; i mentioned the timeframe, because long timeframe trials target license, while short timeframe trials target something much more than paper

implementation is ierarhical; for example, a good doctor would say that those persons do not oxigen, is needed to look deeper to what is causing this, and not treat only the 'effect' ( is like having a flat tire, and instead of fixing it, you will keep pushing air in); with such knowledge, an etical person that is in management of a hospital, may reject the procedure .. more likely, after such a decision, will have to quit, and leave the chair empty to someone more procedural-friendly ... this will convert the hospital into one-way-in kind of building for some patients

now, in 2023, there is much more spread information available on this, as it was on 2020, and more and more people actualy realised something, i hope; for example, to all those that shared info in this thread on ventilators, i believe, that now you have a different opinion on what is going on, as to the moment you initially contributed to this thread

i want to clarify what 'much more spread information' means : it means that same information is now available at a larger scale; in other words, all such informations, where available way before the 'ventilators situation', if you know where to look ?! for the common persons, answer is medical stuff, lawyers, some political groups, public intell

this means, that at this moment, there is a very small amount of informations, that may become more spread in the future; this is why all those about 'clasifing' things for the next 50-70 years, etc; how some things are declasfied too soon, exposing bigpharma ( or actions somehow leading to ), it means that there are considered other means to hide information; for example, there is world in dex, malinformation, today having more and more drag, that, if you think about it, actually means to give officials the right to script the media, under the umbrella of protecting the citizen

trust your intuition, help others / kindly

Last edited by deadlykitten; 03-19-2023 at 10:16 AM.
    we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

UK ventilator scheme was propaganda!. We have exactly the same amount now as we did before covid. ???? Hmmmm!. Only one nightingale hospital was outfitted with liquid O2, which wasn't even filled. Security was heavy so nobody saw the truth.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345