Buying a replacement VFD. Any advice welcome.

Thread: Buying a replacement VFD. Any advice welcome.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Buying a replacement VFD. Any advice welcome.

Hi,

I'm unsure if this is the correct forum to pose my question but here goes:

I've got a Victor 900 CNC machine similar but not exactly the same as the example below:

Buying a replacement VFD. Any advice welcome.-vh0907-jpg

It is fitted with an after-market Elettromeccanica RV73 spindle with the following specs:
    Buying a replacement VFD. Any advice welcome.-rv-73-jpg

The spindle is driven via, what appears to be, a custom derivative of a Fuling DBZ200 VFD. I say custom because it lacks a number of connection terminals that the 'standard' DBZ200 Chinese manual says should be present. Controlling this VFD via Mach4 has proven to be problematic with spindle speed control a total failure after weeks of trying a plethora of hard and software configurations in addition to trying out a number of suggestions posted here on CNCZone by (many) others with similar Fuling DBZ VFD issues.

I have decided to ditch the DBZ200 altogether and wish to purchase a mainstream, quality VFD from a reputable manufacturer/supplier preferably in the UK. I have, of course, researched this to an extent but am a little overwhelmed by the choices available and am not too confident about specifying the correct VFD for my spindle. Thus, I would ask if anyone here could recommend a replacement VFD based on the spindle specifications given above. My budget is around £300~£400.

Thanks in advance for any advice or assistance in this matter.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Buying a replacement VFD. Any advice welcome.-cnc-router-vr900-jpg   Buying a replacement VFD. Any advice welcome.-vh0907-jpg   Buying a replacement VFD. Any advice welcome.-rv-73-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Buying a replacement VFD. Any advice welcome.

That's called a "Colombo" in the trade its 2HP 300Hz. I use a Siemens micromaster on my Chinese 2.2HP spindle runs like clockwork as long as you get a drive that is more than 2HP and capable of 300HZ (Micromaster is 400Hz) all should be well. When you get one make sure you have an operators panel or programming panel as quite a few come without, which is useless! I control mine analogue via my breakout board as I was unable to find a mach3 interface for the micromaster. IMO also make good ones. :-)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Buying a replacement VFD. Any advice welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadsword View Post
    Hi,

I'm unsure if this is the correct forum to pose my question but here goes:

I've got a Victor 900 CNC machine similar but not exactly the same as the example below:

Buying a replacement VFD. Any advice welcome.-vh0907-jpg

It is fitted with an after-market Elettromeccanica RV73 spindle with the following specs:
    Buying a replacement VFD. Any advice welcome.-rv-73-jpg

The spindle is driven via, what appears to be, a custom derivative of a Fuling DBZ200 VFD. I say custom because it lacks a number of connection terminals that the 'standard' DBZ200 Chinese manual says should be present. Controlling this VFD via Mach4 has proven to be problematic with spindle speed control a total failure after weeks of trying a plethora of hard and software configurations in addition to trying out a number of suggestions posted here on CNCZone by (many) others with similar Fuling DBZ VFD issues.

I have decided to ditch the DBZ200 altogether and wish to purchase a mainstream, quality VFD from a reputable manufacturer/supplier preferably in the UK. I have, of course, researched this to an extent but am a little overwhelmed by the choices available and am not too confident about specifying the correct VFD for my spindle. Thus, I would ask if anyone here could recommend a replacement VFD based on the spindle specifications given above. My budget is around £300~£400.

Thanks in advance for any advice or assistance in this matter.
    What VFD drive brand name can you get

Can you post photos of what you have and the terminals that it has the Fuling drive are not normally a bad drive

Mactec54