Newbie Environment settings?

Thread: Environment settings?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Environment settings?

This is driving me absolutely bonkers.. Every time I open Esprit everything I changed has reverted back to some sort of default that I was able to change ONE time.

For instance, I accidentally clicked the "dont show this dialog again" for the template pop ups, and then I went and created some templates, so I went to tools->options->input and reselected "Show Template Dialog" so this would pop up. Also in this options menu I went and adjusted many settings which better reflect what I want to do..

But every time I close Esprit, everything reverts, all the options I painstakingly set have gone back to the originals. I am at a complete loss, I've scoured the Help document to no avail. This is actually really freaking annoying, like absolutely annoying. I figured maybe the options I select are saved with the template, but thats not true. Also any time I edit my toolbar settings (their locations in the work area) they seem to be different every god damn time I open the software.

I already have enough gripes with things like the fact that there is no REDO and you only get like 5 undos.. but I am forced to use this software, and it's not wholly bad, I just find that a lot of these simple damn things aren't documented at all.. at least not that I can find, and trust me, I've spent forever searching.

Any and ALL input is GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you,
    -Akaky

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Environment settings?

Hello Akaky,

I would suggest that after you have made all the adjustments go to your Esprit folder and save this template under the Templates folder in Esprit. Make sure when you open the template folder you may not see anything in there and that's because you need to change the file your saving from .esp to .est
    The .est is the extension that Esprit uses.
    To find where your version of Esprit is saving the Templates
    Go to Tools---Options-----File Locations. Look at the list and the 8th line down you will see Templates
    Slide the arrow to the right and look at where Esprit is currently saving the Templates and just save your new Template in the same Location. Now when you open up Esprit you should see your new template in the box just under Blank Document.

Good luck, I hope it all works for you.
    Jeff

[QUOTE=AkakyAkakievich;1713216]This is driving me absolutely bonkers.. Every time I open Esprit everything I changed has reverted back to some sort of default that I was able to change ONE time.

For instance, I accidentally clicked the "dont show this dialog again" for the template pop ups, and then I went and created some templates, so I went to tools->options->input and reselected "Show Template Dialog" so this would pop up. Also in this options menu I went and adjusted many settings which better reflect what I want to do..

But every time I close Esprit, everything reverts, all the options I painstakingly set have gone back to the originals. I am at a complete loss, I've scoured the Help document to no avail. This is actually really freaking annoying, like absolutely annoying. I figured maybe the options I select are saved with the template, but thats not true. Also any time I edit my toolbar settings (their locations in the work area) they seem to be different every god damn time I open the software.

I already have enough gripes with things like the fact that there is no REDO and you only get like 5 undos.. but I am forced to use this software, and it's not wholly bad, I just find that a lot of these simple damn things aren't documented at all.. at least not that I can find, and trust me, I've spent forever searching.

Any and ALL input is GREATLY appreciated

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This does not do anything unfortunately. This is the major issue, saving template does nothing. It saves any machine settings under common machining but in terms of saving toolbar locations and options I have changed it always goes back to normal. How would saving a template enable the choose template dialog to open anyway? Also has anyone else had issue where you save file, but then open it later and your solid is gone? Toolpaths, geometry, everything is still there.. even my solid layer is still there.. but it contains nothing. When I open esprit the dialoge that includes "blank document" doesnt even open anymore because I selected not to show it by accident and now it never shows it. Did you even read my post? You must work for esprit.

This is supposed to be powerful software but I am begin to hate my boss more and more for choosing it. It continually crashes on me as well.. overall I am not impressed at all.

Downloads
    Uploads

Open Esprit look across the top and find TOOLS----- then click on OPTIONS----- then click on INPUT a box will open up look for SHOW TEMPLATE DIALOG place a check mark in the box next to this option. now go to the bottom and press on the default button and click on SAVE CURRENT AS USER DEFAULT and hit OK button. now go to the top click on FILE--- NEW and you should see the Template box that you turned off.

Let me know if this works for you. What version of Esprit are you using?

Did your boss purchase any training for you?

I hope this works for you. Let me know and good luck.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wdwrd68 View Post
    Open Esprit look across the top and find TOOLS----- then click on OPTIONS----- then click on INPUT a box will open up look for SHOW TEMPLATE DIALOG place a check mark in the box next to this option. now go to the bottom and press on the default button and click on SAVE CURRENT AS USER DEFAULT and hit OK button. now go to the top click on FILE--- NEW and you should see the Template box that you turned off.

Let me know if this works for you. What version of Esprit are you using?

Did your boss purchase any training for you?

I hope this works for you. Let me know and good luck.
    Ah! that's it. I didn't even think to click that figuring it was just a button to reset everything to default settings. Well that solves the options problem.

Now what about the toolbars in the environment? Saving a template, or the saving default options doesn't seem to have any bearing on them. I've gotten them to remain sometimes as how I've changed them.. but other than that I have no clue how, it seems random to me.

No training I am learn on my own we are very small shop. Boss bought because 10x cheaper than mastercam a few years ago apparently. is there any sort of add-in that would allow a REDO option? that is one of the most annoying things I've encountered so far. Accidentally hitting undo too many times.. then having to redo things. I am learning, but the process is difficult. The help files help a ton but there are all sorts of things I cant figure out on my own and have no other support since no service contract and local third party office he bought software from is actually inept and don't know how to use their own software they sell.

I guess rather than make another thread, I'll ask this here: when I'm roughing using trochoidal approach, no matter what I set transition feedrate % to, it is never expressed. Neither in simulation, or in the NC post. I assume I need to edit my post (Ive just barely dove into that, changing circle settings and other things) to express the feedrate "if transition then f=f*transfeedratepercent".. but even in simulation I set it to show feedrate and single step through each block and it definitely is not changing

Downloads
    Uploads

The best thing to do is Google Cam Wizard and purchase the Training software for the correct version of Esprit that you are trying to learn. Ralph also has a service that will create a Post for you for your specific model of machine. If this is a legit copy of Esprit contact Dptechnology and have them set you up with a username and password that way you can log on and download all the correct posts for your machine. Being that you don't have a service agreement with them they won't give you any help but they have a forum on there website that is specific to Esprit. I am not the best at helping and would suggest that option or Ralph at Cam Wizard. Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Akaky,

Esprit is amazing software. Don't give up on it. Yes the lack of a REDO sucks but you'll learn to deal with it as there are so many advantages that this is a non issue. If you need help let me know. I can help with post edits, vba or even just general programming stuff. Send me a file you are having issues with and we'll get you fixed up.

Downloads
    Uploads

Shut off the "smart toolbar", it resets the other tool bars on your screen. I think its under options and just uncheck the startup button.

It was intended to free up screen space, but who needs that when everyone has a 19" or larger screen these days.

+1 on Cam Wizard, it can be a little boring, but very helpful.

Once you get you buttons where you want, exit out of esprit, go back to the start menu. Under the DP Tech/Esprit folder you'll see "settings manager". Open that and export your settings to a file, if they get jacked up you can just reload them. Our shop guys mess theirs up all the time, especially if you switch from milling to lathe to wire edm, or open a file done by someone else.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    I must make my own lathe swiss-type but I donyt have template file& how could I take that