epoxy granite vs natural granite

Thread: epoxy granite vs natural granite

Downloads
    Uploads

Default epoxy granite vs natural granite

Hello
    What is better for vibration damping stiffness accuracy etc the natural granite or epoxy granite ?
    Because for me natural granite costs much less than epoxy granite...
    For a cnc router 2m X 1.5m table sides and grantry is enough 12cm think granite or must go with 16cm thickness ?
    I will use hgr20 rails with 1605 ballscrews with rotating nut not rotating ballscrew.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: epoxy granite vs natural granite

Hi MR - If you have access to natural granite and can work natural granite then that's the way to go. Its stiffer and more stable then EG. For that size machine I think you should use 25 or 30mm rails not 20mm. Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

thank you.
    What do you think about thickness of granite for this size machine? 12cm is enough or needed more for example 16cm ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mrsa - 120mm of granite is a very stiff chunk of material. For a router I'd expect it to be fine maybe even a bit over what's needed. Will be a heavy chunk of material!! Peter

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

I completely agree with what you talked on here, but I just felt the need to share from my personal experience. I was so close to not going with natural granite for silly reasons, that I'm so glad I changed my mind at the last minute. I think it was after I read this article http://countertopshq.com/dallas-white-granite/ (maybe it can help you as well) and I actually continued on collaborating with the company that published the article because I really liked the pictures in there, it was exactly how I wanted my kitchen to look. It seemed like I could look at the finished product in my house because mine is also a thin and long space that needed something to make it seem more luxorious.