What do you think about climate change/global warming?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about climate change/global warming?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default What do you think about climate change/global warming?

I wonder what our people think. Personally, I believe that the problem is there, but Western environmentalists are ****ing Sith and erect in absolute. Either Gretochka-girl and how dare you, or in complete denial go away and "noke ninouka"

What do we think?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What do you think about climate change/global warming?

seems like a huge tax cow to me

Downloads
    Uploads

George Carlin says it the best.
    "Did you ever think about the arithmetic?" "The planet has been here 4-1/2 billion years. We've been here, what, 100,000, maybe 200,000? And we've only been engaged in heavy industry for a little over 200 years. Two hundred years vs. 4-1/2 billion. And we have the conceit to think that somehow we are a threat? That somehow we are gonna put in jeopardy this beautiful little green ball that's just floating around the sun. The planet has been through a lot worse than us. The planet isn't going anywhere — we are."

Downloads
    Uploads

It's pretty hard to say it's not happening at this point. We'd all rather not admit it's our fault, but all the scientific fingers are firmly pointed in our direction.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't deny that the globe is warming but I also have to question why .
    one problem with science is funding , they go where there is the most funding , and they push reasons why they need more funding . We had the ozone scare which cost how much .
    I watched that idiot David Suzuki (not a scientist but influential) push to have the local fish farms shut down because of sea lice , and it was looking as though salmon farms were going to come to an end . The second he joined up with Gore and global warming it would appear that the sea lice problem had either gone away , lacked importance , or it didn't pay well enough . The fish farms are still running strong

The biggest problem I have with all of this global warming is the fact that I am already over taxed and more carbon tax is applied by the year . I only see it as a tax cow to a government that recently bought an oil pipeline .

Downloads
    Uploads

Fish farms aside, what do you think is driving climate breakdown? Is it really just an unprecedented rapid rise in global temperatures caused by unexplicable natural forces that happens to coincide with our burning of all this carbon stored up for millions of years and spewing it into the atmosphere? Or do you really imagine all these scientists all over the world have gotten together in a giant conspiracy against the fossil fuel industry, and are trying to drive taxes up (for some reason)?

The ozone hole was real (although there were lots of deniers), and the worldwide action to identify and remediate it was actually a big success story that didn't end up costing that much after all. See: https://www.pbs.org/about/about-pbs/...ed-the-planet/ It's a model for what we need to do about this looming climate catastrophe, before it's too late (if it isn't already).

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't believe in conspiracy theories nor do I necessarily in scientific theories . The ice age was real and we are still coming out of it . Look at a typical winter thaw and how the melt begins slowly , then over time the melt gets quicker by the day . The day sun melts the snow and the cool air nights freezes everything again . Every day the structure of the snow and ice crystalize and changes , and every day it weakens . I think the same thing is happening to whats left of the ice age , but then thats my theory .
    There are numerous factors that affect the earth , solar activity greatly impacts us . It was within the past couple yrs that we were the closest to the sun than we will be for a long time to come . As minute of a distance per year we travel back from the sun there will be a global effect . This is just one of many things that has a natural effect

Interestingly enough the farmers almanac has not changed a thing in how they predict the weather for a whole yr , yet their accuracy hasn't changed .

As far as taxes go , I'm paying carbon taxes , where is all that money going ?? It's a cash cow , plain and simple and the government justifies it by saying we are doing this to save the world . It's hasn't stopped the burning of fuels .

Downloads
    Uploads

No matter how hardy and strong our planet is, resources are still being depleted. The earth no longer has time to restore them. I wrote a scientific work about this using the Internet and I believe that any of our actions will eventually lead to something. It's like a butterfly effect. Human activities are the main cause of global warming. Well, we can already observe the consequences now, just by looking out the window.

Downloads
    Uploads

Disposal of all those dead Lithium batteries we're going to end up with will make things worse!!!
    Electric vehicles are a dead technology already!!!.

Been trying to get elec rc's to make it to the end of a 20 min main final for the last 20 years.
    Still can't do it without having to coast!!.

Downloads
    Uploads

All you need to know about the ability of scientist to predict what the planet will do next...

Popular Technology.net: 1970s Global Cooling Alarmism

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by EddieCaput View Post
    I visited the north pole last month and it looks absolutely different compared to the last decade.
    Yeah, dude, your opinion is very similar to mine. And decomposition of leaves in autumn produces much more co2 when all the cars together.

Last edited by burs; 09-07-2021 at 09:50 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

You can't stop it.
    Apparently this:
    The moon is getting futher away. The disruption in Lunar gravity is shifting the Earths axis and diminishing the atmosphere. This is causing the planet to heat up more.
    Once we get to a certain point the poles will flip positions. Thus causing a temporary disruption to our magnetic field. which protects us from solar radiation. Potentially eliminating most life.

It's thought this to have happened every 750,000 years, It's deemed we are 30 years overdue this cycle at present. Most likely that most of us will drown if it comes about.

Downloads
    Uploads

That's interesting stuff about the moon getting further away. But it's a pretty small amount of movement to account for such a large effect on climate as we've been observing lately; 3.8 centimeters per year, compared to an orbit with a radius of 384,000 km: (See Is the Moon moving away from the Earth? When was this discovered? (Intermediate) - Curious About Astronomy? Ask an Astronomer ) Granted, the earth's cycles are sensitive to small changes, but it's pretty difficult to connect the dots here, unless you really want to. How exactly is this creating all that heat?

The earth's magnetic poles have been known to switch places, it's true. But that seems to be a pretty rare occurrence, And while it seems to happen every 200,000 to 300,000 years, it's not associated with any particular extinction events, in contrast with our time, which has been characterized by massive extinctions and diminutions of life, while the magnetic field has remained relatively robust and stable. If you're interested in the subject, there's a pretty good article in the NASA climate blog which addresses a few of these theories: https://climate.nasa.gov/blog/3104/f...limate-change/

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    You can't stop it.
    Apparently this:
    The moon is getting futher away. The disruption in Lunar gravity is shifting the Earths axis and diminishing the atmosphere. This is causing the planet to heat up more.
    Once we get to a certain point the poles will flip positions. Thus causing a temporary disruption to our magnetic field. which protects us from solar radiation. Potentially eliminating most life.

It's thought this to have happened every 750,000 years, It's deemed we are 30 years overdue this cycle at present. Most likely that most of us will drown if it comes about.
    recently nasa reported that the moon is going into a wobble , which they predict is going to cause exceptional flooding on the coast lines by 2030 .

Downloads
    Uploads

That "moon wobble' is nothing new. It happens every 18.6 years, and it has been wobbling forever. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nasa-mo...limate-change/

What is new and concerning are higher sea levels, due to climate change, which will be coming inland when the regularly scheduled high tides kick in. Factor in storm surges from newly energized hurricanes and typhoons, and we're looking at unprecedented disasters along the coasts.

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't recall claiming it was new . Rising sea levels aren't new either
    It's just a part of many cycles which greatly affect the earth and it's climate . Just as the earth tilt which was fairly drastically within recent years

Buried under many layers of ice and snow are fossils of tropical plants . The world is forever evolving

Downloads
    Uploads

...Stop having children should fix it in a hundred years. Lets get started on that Mr. Biden
    .................................................. .................................................. .............

Downloads
    Uploads

I am still waiting for the ozone hole to kill us all.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by warrenb View Post
    I am still waiting for the ozone hole to kill us all.
    Well if you live in Australia or New Zealand, it is doing exactly that. Skin cancer rates are through the roof. Most people over age 60 are regularly getting squamous cell carcinoma removed - if not removed they WILL kill you.

Having fun with my Emco F3 and Super 11 CD

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...Stop having children should fix it in a hundred years. Lets get started on that Mr. Biden
    .................................................. .................................................. .............
    This ^
    And to add: it's all part of a cycle. Every so many 100's - 1000's of years it happens.
    We haven't helped it and lithium batteries will make it worse.
    EV's are a dead tech. 10 years and there'll be a landfill the size of Ireland of dead battery cells. Then they'll all explode in a toxic fireball worse than Chernobyl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast