The Coming Climate Change - Page 459

Page 459 of 460 FirstFirst ... 359409449456457458459460 LastLast
Results 9,161 to 9,180 of 9184

Thread: The Coming Climate Change

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: The Coming Climate Change

https://www.dimensionengineering.com/products/anyvolt3 this is powering the laptop on my yardbot

Downloads
    Uploads

from the article

"Terry said that solar panels use hazardous materials like sulfuric acid and toxic phosphine gas in their manufacturing. Recycling these materials is extremely difficult and the panels have relatively short operational lifespans."
    yep, they are so toxic they don't get recycled.. they get re-used and consumed. God forbid you get in a car crash and that gallon of sulfuric acid in your car battery takes some zinc off the guard rail

"If you just throw a solar panel in a landfill, it’ll break down and cause issues"
    no it won't. glass, silicon, lead free solder. no worse than any other electronics. bacteria will evolve to eat the EVA given enough time.

"Barrett also pointed out that nuclear waste with the greatest radiation hazard decays fairly quickly, while solar panel waste can remain in the environment for a much longer period of time."

spare me. grind up those panels and dump them on the beach. a few years later you won't be able to tell the difference between natural sand and the ground up glass vs the silicon. given time bacteria and UV will take care of the eva and the epoxy, and the silicone.

for what its worth.. NF3 might be the easiest chemical man can make if we need to release it into the atmosphere to prevent the next iceage.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: The Coming Climate Change

I never realized the solar panels were so toxic. I have never done any parts for the solar industry in support of it yet for most other industries I have most of my focus being Oil related which of course is a world to itself. Machinerys Handbook invaluable not just one edition either all I can find. I am waiting for when previous editions are made available digitally which can at least satisfy my curiosity, it gives me access to the way things have been done by our predicessors. The cool stuff .

Downloads
    Uploads

The inevitability of the impending serious climate changes, the global and large-scale of which can be observed today on the entire planet, puts everyone before the line of personal choice. The climate is changing, and it is happening right now. In some parts of the world, annual rainfall is expected to decline over the long term, while in other regions, fluctuations in rainfall and temperature will noticeably affect the growing season of some plants. You can follow the weather and climate changes here https://world-weather.info/forecast/usa/new_york/

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by roundman View Post
    I never realized the solar panels were so toxic. I have never done any parts for the solar industry in support of it yet for most other industries I have most of my focus being Oil related which of course is a world to itself. Machinerys Handbook invaluable not just one edition either all I can find. I am waiting for when previous editions are made available digitally which can at least satisfy my curiosity, it gives me access to the way things have been done by our predicessors. The cool stuff .
    I agree

Climate change is very bad! We have to do smth cuz its necessary to save our planet
    https://climate.nasa.gov

these changes are awful, read this article. worth it
    https://climate.nasa.gov

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Re: The Coming Climate Change

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
    Round about the 8th grade I did a science project on the coming climate change that was to destroy mankind as we knew him. Yes as far back as 1973 we were taught of the doom and gloom of the coming climate change. So I studied and I gathered all the info from all the top scientist of our day. By the time I was finished with my project I was a scared ****less little dude. Oh you bet I was I had all the "Facts" from all the "Scientists"
    I was so excited to be the one to let man kind know about this coming doomsday. I worked my butt off I had the visuals and all the reports and the day of the science fair it was perfect........................................... ..

MY REPORT OF THE COMING ICE AGE THAT WAS TO DETROY ALL OF MANKIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say as I got older I was a relieved but also a tad disappointed that my first place project was in the not so distant future to be discovered as NOT TRUE the facts were all wrong, How could this be 34 years later and I am still waiting for the ICE AGE but no not so fast now.

GLOBAL WARMING is new disaster what a CROCK. And to think I once as little dude trusted these Scientists with my science project. Oh well I still got an A
    I am glad that you worked it out too, I totally agree. People are naive and easily scared. At the end of the 90's, we were told, that in 15 years time we will run out of fossil fuel, especially oil. It was a lye but the general public believed it and the oil price kept climbing. Well it was not just thought in schools but on the radio and TV everywhere. Well, today we have more fuel than we can burn for the next 50 years or more.... but people forgot that we were deceived....miss-leaded.

I have seen a NASA scientist's presentation where he explains that yes, there is global warming, but it has nothing to do with fossil fuel and our activity in the last 50 or 100 years but it goes back much further and also points out that if climate would be as expected, LA should be under 2m of ice as we are at the last phase of the ICE AGE we part of a cycle. It made all sense, and honestly, I never believed in this bull, but his presentation made it sound even more of a Bull't agenda. By the way my first degree is in Agricultural Science so I am not totally new to the eco system concept....

There is one more thing to consider is that if it would be really such a great threat, I think the financial elite of our western world would spend a lot more money on fixing the issue but as I can see they are still pushing the dispose and replace philosophy and more occupied with social engineering and spreading the LGBTQ agenda and gender confusion ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Does the current IPCC report change your opinion about the global warming problem? Or does it make no difference?

Now the IPCC said the global warming of 2°C will be exceeded during the 21st century. Unless rapid and deep reductions in CO2 and other greenhouse gas emissions occur in the coming decades, achieving the goals of the 2015 Paris Agreement “will be beyond reach

Downloads
    Uploads

The weather jesters can't tell us accurate weather for the rest of the week. What makes anybody think they can tell us what the climate is going to do 20, 50 or 100 years from now?'

All these predictions are based on computer modeling. Garbage in, garbage out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wendtmk View Post
    The weather jesters can't tell us accurate weather for the rest of the week. What makes anybody think they can tell us what the climate is going to do 20, 50 or 100 years from now?'

All these predictions are based on computer modeling. Garbage in, garbage out.

You're right, exact predictions are always difficult. But working against global warming getting too high generally makes sense, doesn't it?

Downloads
    Uploads

We're doomed.... DOOMED!. I tells ya.
    Cull 50% of the worlds population. It's now due to double every 20 years. Usustainable.
    That'll sort it.

Or we all get rid of everything , have nothing , live in mud huts!!.

Electric vehicles are a red herring. Lithium is another fossil fuel (rock). We're just doing the same again. Lithium not easily recycled, landfill site the size of texas full of dead batteries in 20 years. Everyone dead of Lithium poisoning in 50.

Invent alternatives to CO2 emmitters like combustion engines... THAT ACTUALLY WORK!!
    U.K. are having expensive 'heat pumps' shoved down there throat atm, they are NOT an alternative.... They're absolute crap compared to gas boilers.

The world has had extreme weather events since time began.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post

The world has had extreme weather events since time began.
    Right, but I think not with the frequency as recently.

2021 we had ongoing wildfires in Greece, North America, Turkey and Siberia. In July, there were devastating floods in mainland Europe with many deaths. There has never been anything like this in the last 50 years.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by burs View Post

2021 we had ongoing wildfires in Greece, North America, Turkey and Siberia. In July, there were devastating floods in mainland Europe with many deaths. There has never been anything like this in the last 50 years.
    I don't know about the fires in Europe but the size of the ones in the western U. S. are mostly caused by poor management. Too many trees are left to die in our forests which adds fuel to the fire. Years ago the Indians managed the forests with fire to clear out the underbrush and the dead trees which kept the forests living and great for the animals. We have allowed people to build homes and towns right in the middle of the forest and then have to suppress the fires to keep from burning these buildings and we NEVER clear out any of the underbrush or the dead and dying trees because were told it costs too much. Then we spend millions fighting the fires that get out of hand because of so much fuel and whole towns burn to the ground and our leaders shrug there shoulders and say "what a shame that the town burnt" and it goes on and on.

Downloads
    Uploads

But the fact that so many trees are dying is certainly also a consequence of climate change. Forests cannot adapt quickly enough to climate-related changes and die. (According to some studies, I´m not a scientist). And the incredible heat wave in North America has for sure also fuelled the forest fires.

You are probably right that the local government could manage this better, but they can only treat the current symptoms. But it doesn't change the fact that the cause of these problems lies elsewhere. And I fear that the problems will increase.

Last edited by burs; 08-12-2021 at 05:47 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

You're right, exact predictions are always difficult. But working against global warming getting too high generally makes sense, doesn't it?
    You're presuming that the climate is actually warming, and that it's warming at alarming rates, and that humans actually had something to do with it. The planet has gone through many climate swings over it's existence, some much colder and some much warmer, long before humanity entered the industrial age. The world becomes much greener with more CO2 in the atmosphere, as proven in past warm periods.

This whole global warming garbage is based on limited computer modeling, which woefully lacks the resources and programming to actually determine climate. In fact, the last almost 20 years show the temperature has remained mostly flat. So no, basing radical changes in the world's economies based on nothing more than politicized guesswork to address the nonsense of global warming does not make sense. Wasn't that long ago the so-called scientists predicted we were on the verge of entering the next ice age. Haven't seen a glacier forming in my back yard as of yet.

Downloads
    Uploads

You're talking local weather not climate. Huge difference. Weather patterns change a heck of a lot more often than the climate does.

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think these are just local weather phenomena. There have been too many extreme cases recently compared to the past.

Downloads
    Uploads

And yet, we've had a cooler summer where I live than normal, and the past few years winter temps were below normal. That's local weather. You can't equate what happens locally with what is happening globally.

Page 459 of 460 FirstFirst ... 359409449456457458459460 LastLast