question about cables on kite power generation systems

Thread: question about cables on kite power generation systems

Downloads
    Uploads

Default question about cables on kite power generation systems

Just asking I do not develop anything... I saw on the web that kites with LONG lines can essentially tie in knots unless the lines are stabilized to prevent them from thrashing about... I have also seen on TV how support cables on bridges have been stabilized by adding a spiraling element around them to break up the wind flow that causes resonant oscillations. Now onto my Q... could kites flown using twisted steel cables be immune to any serious thrashing?

Reason I ask even tho I will likely never build a kite power system is that I still think about it and can't decide if I should use vinyl coated cables which would nullify at least some of the twisted cables anti-thrashing effect.