7hp EFI generator to complement off-grid Solar systems, gasoline, e85, or ethanol

Thread: 7hp EFI generator to complement off-grid Solar systems, gasoline, e85, or ethanol

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 7hp EFI generator to complement off-grid Solar systems, gasoline, e85, or ethanol

OK, getting close to finished with this project and am hoping for maybe a licensing fee or ? I'm starting a company after several years being stuck in bed from injuries (Virtago Engineering). I'd help anyone build one for their personal use or for schools, etc., but companies I want to pay licensing fees... I.e. I don't want profit to be made from my work unless most of it goes to me, which will go towards future social philanthropy projects (See TED talks on Social Philanthropists).

Idea is generator starts when batteries are at approx 50% charge and runs until batteries are approx. 80%. This is the sweet spot for lead acid batteries, and solar can cover charge from 80 to 100%. This should help anyone off grid to remain so without the need to worry about battery longevity, or shady days, etc... I'm trying to make the system as consumer friendly as possible and replacement parts as cheap as possible. The bigger the battery bank, the less often the generator will run but it will have to run longer... etc. Here's the parts list:

Uses a Harbor Freight 7HP motor (Approx $100)
    EFI comp by NXP, this is the most costly part of the system at $135. Same as Ecotron uses, but cheaper than they want.
    Mostly parts scavenged from Pick N Pull or used from Ebay for the EFI (Injector, throttle body, etc.)
    Utilizes Bosch alternator for stator and armature
    Full bridge rectifier for all 3 phases for clean DC power
    AVR utilizing Bosch's typical AVR for now, but plans to go brushless and computer controlled in the near future.

Plan to make enclosure from recycled plastic (check Precious Plastic for ideas on how to actually recycle plastic) in a hush box type configuration.

Machining is basically complete, I am hoping that next week the project will be completed. Anyone in the Santa Rosa area (Hour north of San Francisco) please get a hold of me if you'd like to help or learn how to build one. Future plans to build an ethanol distillery using vacuum technology for fuel source also in the works... I'm trying to get to a negative carbon footprint in the next 10 years utilizing easy to procure local resources. I'm an aerospace engineer, so many of my goals are definitely in my wheelhouse...
    John