PEM Fuel cell H20 = electricity

Thread: PEM Fuel cell H20 = electricity

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default PEM Fuel cell H20 = electricity

I live off grid in Alaska.
    My entire shop is solar Powered. I have been made aware of H2 Fuel cells.

The DIY community says that the complex machining (the graphite plates) required is beyond the individual.

It looks like my CNC router could cut those plates with ease. It is just some aluminum and graphite plates.

Is anyone on this forum interested in full cell and pure hydrogen production. I am not talking about Brown's Gas. It is a bomb. Pure H2 Is safe.

So the question is: Is there anyone here that would like to talk about H2 Fuel cells.

I haven't posted in a year or so. I retired rom Dental Practice in NC and Moved to bush Alaska!

NO global warming her Now 13 degrees.

Tommy Knox
    Big Lake Alaska
    PEM Fuel cell H20 = electricity-img_2529-jpgPEM Fuel cell H20 = electricity-img_2518-jpg

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PEM Fuel cell H20 = electricity-img_2650-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PEM Fuel cell H20 = electricity

Hi, have you ever played with a galvanic cell.....many years ago when I was still at school we made one with a couple of pieces of copper and some aluminium plates....the electrolyte was pee.....yes that is pee..... the stuff you throw to waste every day.

We ran it for about a year and kept topping up with pee until the ally plate was totally eaten away.......if that was made on a larger scale with scrap copper and ally.....pee is free .......that is practically energy for next to nothing even if it is inneficient compared to hydrochloric acid as an electrolyte.....salt water works too.

We made cells with copper pennies and steel washers too and with a stack of those separated with blotting paper and a salt solution, you can get quite a kick if you short it out.....zinc would work better.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know much about fuel cells, but I'm pretty sure they are both expensive and fragile. I admit the idea of making your own is interesting. A hydrogen flame is not visible, take note.

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

A fuel cell is a device that you put a fuel into and it generates electricity.

If you put electricity into a device with a dissimilar metal content arrangement and an electrolyte you get Oxygen and hydrogen by dissociation......it's a very inneficient and impractical way to make burnable gas.