Enroute: 1/2" bit wont work in a 3/4" dado but a 1/4" bit does

Thread: Enroute: 1/2" bit wont work in a 3/4" dado but a 1/4" bit does

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Enroute: 1/2" bit wont work in a 3/4" dado but a 1/4" bit does

First time posting long time user.
    I must admit i struggle with enroute. I am programming a simple base cabinet Left and ride sides. The bottom shelf is held in place with a 3/4" dado and top as well. I also want a 1/2" rabbet down the backside but deleted it from this file. I cannot use a 1/2" bit to make my program however i can use 1/4" bit. When i chose the 1/4" bit i can no longer router the rabbet. My big question is why cant i use the 1/2" bit to plow out the 3/4" dados? same is true for the rabbet, how come a 1/2" bit wont work on the 1/2" rabbet.

attached is the file- older version of enroute.

I would love to get some feedback on this, thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Enroute: 1/2" bit wont work in a 3/4" dado but a 1/4" bit does

Strange, your settings seem correct except for the Feeds & Speed.
    Nothing is spec'd for it. All 0's. Were there any speeds setup for it?
    Then again I dont have the 1/4" End Mill as it flagged an error and assigned a comparable bit of that size.
    I cannot run the file this early in the morning at home.

In the Fill, play with the Overlap and adjust to reduce cut time. Higher the #%, more passes, more time.
    Also change your Hatch angle to 90 for the separate pieces running vertically to minimize the back n forth movement.
    Im using Enroute 6. The Island Fill takes to the shape.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Enroute: 1/2" bit wont work in a 3/4" dado but a 1/4" bit does

Quote Originally Posted by jmackniak View Post
    First time posting long time user.
    I must admit i struggle with enroute. I am programming a simple base cabinet Left and ride sides. The bottom shelf is held in place with a 3/4" dado and top as well. I also want a 1/2" rabbet down the backside but deleted it from this file. I cannot use a 1/2" bit to make my program however i can use 1/4" bit. When i chose the 1/4" bit i can no longer router the rabbet. My big question is why cant i use the 1/2" bit to plow out the 3/4" dados? same is true for the rabbet, how come a 1/2" bit wont work on the 1/2" rabbet.

attached is the file- older version of enroute.

I would love to get some feedback on this, thanks in advance.
    How are you cutting the dados and rabbits. Are you doing it as an island fill or as an open contour. If you are using an island fill you may have the step over set too high and causing a conflict. Also, Enroute can be exact. Make sure your tool definition you are using in the software reflects the actual tool yo are using. If it does not it may not work correctly. this tool definition is required for it to correctly calculate the tool paths.