Editing post processor

Thread: Editing post processor

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Editing post processor

I have Enroute 6 and a Shopsabre cnc table cutting with oxy acetylene. I have a basic understanding of programming (ok maybe less than that). What I would like to do is edit the post processor to tweak a few things that seem to be oxy fuel specific which the program is apparently not designed for. But I have to work with what I have. I'm finding that when I create a cut path and add in the feed rate it does not transfer to my G code in the WinCNC program. I have to go in and edit the G code manually, adding the feed rate and a Z0 after the second line of EVERY PIERCE. So when I am cutting a full sheet this takes a long time. I also have to add M61 (custom oxy on code) and M62 (custom code that turns off the oxy solenoid and raises Z) to the end of every cut. Since it seems like a pretty basic repeating pattern I'm thinking there must be a way to program it in. Does this seem like a WinCNC problem or Enroute?
    Hopefully someone has some insight
    thanks