Vision VE-810 engraver ..use without using dongle and vision proprietary software

Thread: Vision VE-810 engraver ..use without using dongle and vision proprietary software

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Vision VE-810 engraver ..use without using dongle and vision proprietary software

For anyone out there that has a vision ve-810 engraver without dongle or just dont like the limited vision software

i discovered the machine can be used without dongle and vision software

i used vectric aspire and sent toolpath directly to machine using a modified vision ve810 post processor

it works very well

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Vision VE-810 engraver ..use without using dongle and vision proprietary software

Just saw this and I have the 810
    I use serial cable (com 4)
    I use aspire on my 4 x 4 router
    can you share how you modified PP
    and most importantly how you transmit the code to the machine

Downloads
    Uploads

Do u have the vision dongle or no? If no you can use vectric aspire to create toolpath and send to vision engraver through vectric output toolpath to mschine option

And the post proc u use drpends on your version of machine...i think my ve810 is v2 controller

You would just add a printer to com4 and use windows generic printer text driver

And the only thing i modified in the vectric stock vision driver are the remark lines before the prog starts..itcdoesnt like the remarks...faults out...so i removed them in the post and saved it

If u give me ur email maybe i can email u the pp ...but i need to know ur vision version....post a pic of the front of machine
    ..that will help

Last edited by Shelby5041; 03-14-2021 at 02:15 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Vision VE-810 engraver ..use without using dongle and vision proprietary software

I have no idea which version control.
    I do have the dongle
    I never thought about doing this before, then I see your post and think, yes why not.
    i am not in a big hurry, but would like to explore my options.
    Thanks

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/attac...1&d=1615841635

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vision VE-810 engraver ..use without using dongle and vision proprietary software-controlpanel-jpg  

@Shelby5041

Thank you for your Reply, i cant answer because your Storage Space (PN) is full.

with best regards from germany

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby5041 View Post
    Do u have the vision dongle or no? If no you can use vectric aspire to create toolpath and send to vision engraver through vectric output toolpath to mschine option

And the post proc u use drpends on your version of machine...i think my ve810 is v2 controller

You would just add a printer to com4 and use windows generic printer text driver

And the only thing i modified in the vectric stock vision driver are the remark lines before the prog starts..itcdoesnt like the remarks...faults out...so i removed them in the post and saved it

If u give me ur email maybe i can email u the pp ...but i need to know ur vision version....post a pic of the front of machine
    ..that will help

I have a VE810 S4
    Do you have a post processor for that version?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby5041 View Post
    For anyone out there that has a vision ve-810 engraver without dongle or just dont like the limited vision software

i discovered the machine can be used without dongle and vision software

i used vectric aspire and sent toolpath directly to machine using a modified vision ve810 post processor

it works very well
    Can you tell me exactly how you set this up?
    i get that you did a couple different things to make it work but could you send me a step by step on how you accomplished using the ve-810 without a dongle please?

if you need any info from me, just let me know

Thanks.