Build Thread Replaced NH V3400 EP module with controller and linuxcnc

Thread: Replaced NH V3400 EP module with controller and linuxcnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Replaced NH V3400 EP module with controller and linuxcnc

I have replaced my NH V3400 EP module with a chinese 4 axis controller and am using Linuxcnc to run it. I tried to fix the EP module but there were too many problems. So I took the 34 pin table connector off the EP module and wired it to an old satellite TV enclosure and made a new controller. 4 axis board is TB6600 based. Manual didn't have the table pinouts so I had to beep check the table cable. Attached the manual page and my own pinout page here. I only took some of the pinout data as that was all I needed. While all this worked for me use any of this info is at your own risk. It is known that I made a mistake once.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Replaced NH V3400 EP module with controller and linuxcnc-4axis_test-jpg   Replaced NH V3400 EP module with controller and linuxcnc-ep-module-replacement-jpg   Replaced NH V3400 EP module with controller and linuxcnc-s-l1600-jpg   Replaced NH V3400 EP module with controller and linuxcnc-ep-module-schematic-jpg  

Replaced NH V3400 EP module with controller and linuxcnc-nh-v3400-table-pinouts-jpg  
    John C
    carpenterswoodworking.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Replaced NH V3400 EP module with controller and linuxcnc

Hi , I am doing the same build you did with the 3400 engraver. it looks like you did a very nice job mounting all the electronics in that box, I hope I can do half that good. I wanted to ask you if you would post another picture from the manual, I cant read a lot of the information. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Downloads
    Uploads

The problem with the resolution is caused by the max picture size (500K) cnczone will accept. I have the original photo at 4Meg but can't load it here. PM me with your email and I will send the image to you. As to the my conversion, it is dead. Got all the electronics working perfectly. Then pulley bearings started to die. Put a lot of work into repairs but it became polishing a turd. Finally mounted the spindle motor and floating spindle onto my ISEL DaVinci cnc router and everything works perfectly. Using that now and I am a lot happier.

John C
    carpenterswoodworking.com

Downloads
    Uploads

The spindle motor and 10 ft long drive belt was a poor design. I can understand why you would give up on it.
    I got rid of the spindle motor. Too many bearings and pulleys. I just mounted a small outdrive motor (RC airplane style) on the Z- axis, just a couple of inches away from the spindle, and drive it with a small v-belt. Works great.

Downloads
    Uploads

John,
    Looking to do a similar upgrade to my V3400. Quick question I had is what did you use for a power supply? And if I understand you run power from the PS to the TB6600 and then wire the outputs of the TB6600 to the 34 pin connector? Thank you for the help Looks like an awesome build!