Anyone know anything about these machines

Thread: Anyone know anything about these machines

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Anyone know anything about these machines

I picked these two engraving machines over the summer (2010). I know the man who owned them did brick engraving, but since he had passed away his wife knew nothing about them (besides, what they did).

I'm attaching pictures if anyone can give me information that would be helpful. I have two control boxes, one for each unit, but no software or computers to connect them to. I know one of them worked before the gentleman passed away, but not sure about the second one.

Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone know anything about these machines-cnc-mill-1-6-jpg   Anyone know anything about these machines-cnc-mill-2-6-jpg   Anyone know anything about these machines-cnc-mill-3-6-jpg   Anyone know anything about these machines-cnc-mill-4-6-jpg  

Anyone know anything about these machines-cnc-mill-5-6-jpg   Anyone know anything about these machines-cnc-mill-6-6-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

It looks a lot like a New Hermes 1219. I picked one up recently without controllers or anything. I will replace the steppers with something more modern and use a Gecko G540 to run it under Mach.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/engrav...19_run_pc.html

NEW HERMES VANGUARD 1219 PARTS : Quality One Engravers, Engravers, Supplies, Routers, Software, New Hermes, EngraveLab

New Hermes Vanguard 1219

bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It looks like a Champion 1912 which were made by InterLab Robotics. Later models were marketed under the HSquare and Meistergram brands. JorLink may be able to help with parts. Not sure of the 2nd pictured controller though.

DOS software was version D1.4. Early windows software was Engrave 98. Will run from Engravelab also

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default As yours!!!!

Hi
    I have got the same CNC as u show on these pics.I still have some problems and questions about operating it.How is it going for u with this machine?
    Can i ask u some questions?

regards
    Michele de art

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We have a couple of Meistergram engravers, which are part of the same family as Champion. The DOS software is coded to the owner and unless you have (I think it's designcad) you cannot use any elses' file. We never had this, so have upgraded to EngraveLab by Cadlink.
    This makes the whole system far more user friendly.
    There are many of these machines still in service as they are quite robust, so I will be surprised if you cannot obtain any help for your problems. Please post some of them as I'm sure many people will have the answers.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Interlab robotics ---troubles

I creat Fanuc files on Artcam 10.
    One of the problems for example:

If i define step down 0.1 mm (in artcam) the cnc starts from the stepdown 0.096 mm (1-0.096=0.004)

then it cleans the material 3 mm down (as was defined in artcam) and where the model has to be started cutted out (at -3 mm down) it starts at the depth of 3.092 mm instead of 3.096

seems every time the cnc get to a surface to cut out it subtracts 0.004 mm.

3.096 -0.004 = 3.092.

Another example:
    my model is a simple square 6x6 mm.
    But the cnc get me 6.4x 6.4 mm model

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone know anything about these machines-img_0756-jpg   Anyone know anything about these machines-img_0757-jpg   Anyone know anything about these machines-img_0758-jpg   Anyone know anything about these machines-img_0759-jpg  

Anyone know anything about these machines-img_0760-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Ohh sorry!

This machine has been extensively modified by the look of your pictures. One thing I can tell you is that the z-axis is often quite dodgy on the 912 (I know I have one seldom used at the back of my workshop) Mine always seemed to gradually drift deeper during a job, so we always had to use a nose cone with it.
    From your photos, it appears that the control box has been adapted to run software you mentioned. As I'm not familiar with it, I cannot make any suggestions unfortunately. Incidently those rails on the x-axis should be clean and shiny, not rusty. I'm amazed that it still runs OK. there should be a cover for that section of the machine. All the best!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default new controller

thank you so much for your help!!!
    So as i understand --the only way to get precise models is to get a new nice controller?
    which one would u recommend?
    Also i thought to upgrade this cnc to 4 or 5 axis .as i understood its possible

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Controller

Replacement controllers are available (Frans Technology Inc.), but as your machine has been extensively modified, I think that it's highly unlikely that they would work for you. It's also doubtful that the economics would add up and you probably would be better to consider replacing the whole system with another.
    Can you not just work around the problem? It may just be software related..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default ???

Hi
    sure, im trying to solve out the problems .But i want to understand --what was so much modified there that may prevent a new controller work properly?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

These replacement controllers are very expensive. Indeed, probably more than
    a second hand system. I know that I would be lucky to get $500 for my old 912
    and it's in quite good condition.
    What I'm try to say is that the machine has unknown modifications which may include stepper motors etc and even if you do find a good controller, it may not work with it (or it may do, who knows?) If you know someone with a Meistergram system, maybe you could see if they can drive your table with their control box.
    One of my suppliers was advertising that they could convert Meistergram systems to work with Mach3 software. Perhaps this may be a way out of your problems. It's all down to the amount of money you have to invest and the economics of it, I guess.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default parts

seems im starting to get the results i need by defining different parameters in Artcam.
    What was the NOSE CONE solution u have mentioned for solving Z axis problems?

What are the parts that could stop working on CNC and where could i buy to replace them?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

As previously posted, some parts may be available from Jorlink USA. Also google Interlab robotics.

The nose cone mentioned is an adjustable device that is screwed onto the threaded lower end of the spindle. This rides on the material and prevents the cutter from going any deeper than you require. These range from a simple polished steel cone to teflon models to which you can attach a vacuum hose for swarf/dust extraction.

Cheers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default motor

Hi, thank you for helping me!!! Im so new into C?NC thing!!!

i have made a lot of progress with this cnc so far.
    But suddenly the motor that should rotate the driller around its axis --stopped working.What should i check out? is it the motor itself that is gone? How do i check ???
    :tired

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone know anything about these machines-img_0764-jpg   Anyone know anything about these machines-img_0767-jpg   Anyone know anything about these machines-img_0768-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 3D software.

Anyone using Enroute 3 or 4 with Meistergram Engraver before?

Need help on the driver.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default soft

why do u use this program?
    I create files on ARTCAM .
    Is there any difference ? if so could u explain? im new into CNC world
    Regards
    Michele de art

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by micheledeart View Post
    why do u use this program?
    I create files on ARTCAM .
    Is there any difference ? if so could u explain? im new into CNC world
    Regards
    Michele de art
    Not much different as it come with the machine when i first bought it 15yrs ago. Using Win98.

I saw in your picture, you using with a pendant. Where it connected to?
    What the model for the pendant?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hi Michelle

Have you got your drive motor sorted? My only suggestion is as previous. contact Mackenzie Quiros at JorLink. I suggest you lubricate all your rails though. They should not be discoloured or rusty as shown in your photos

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default advice

Good morning

There was no problem with the motor, but a loose connection.
    i have 3 questions please:

1.where can i read how i should take care of this cnc?which parts to lubricate, what to check etc.What parts could be damaged easily etc.
    The cnc rails are not rusty.Part of it looks black, other part is metal clean.

2. i have a friend who got this cnc controller:
    http://www.cncgeeker.com/images/manu...rCNCGeeker.pdf

im wondering if this one could work fine with my cnc.but before i try it--i want to be sure its possible and if it wont damage the cnc etc.

3.the CNC controller goes blank and it stops moving after it works about 30 min ( but the motors are not switch off--they r still making their noise).
    is it some llose connection problem inside the controller?

Michele de Art

Last edited by micheledeart; 07-05-2011 at 01:22 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone know anything about these machines

has anybody been successful using enroute 4 to send to New Hermes engravers? i have tried but the output toolpath is not right