Need Help With Conversion

Thread: Need Help With Conversion

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need Help With Conversion

I am trying to convert the stepper motors on a F1 mill to servos. I have the motor number but havent the foggiest idea how to find suitable replacements. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you have the constant Torque sizing of the old motors?
    You may find that the comparable servo sizing is a NEMA frame larger than the Stepper motors.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Im not sure what the constant torque sizing is but in the manual (under all the dust that has accumulated over the last 3 years) it gives a feed force of 255 lbs. I will continue looking tomorrow when i return to the school.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was unable to come up with a specific torque rating for the stepper motors but i am certain they are the original ones. I do have the motor numbers if that would help at all. I dont know if i mentioned it before but these are most likely to be used in a motor control class (hence the reason for the conversion from stepper to servo) These two machines (both EMCO, one model F1 mill and the other, model compact5 lathe) were started to be converted to a PC based system about 3 or 4 years ago and eventually forgotten. I have been given the task of converting them to servos and completing the programming side as well. so any help at all would be most appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need Help With Conversion

Hi there.
    I just buy a Emco F1 CNC mill from a local school. It is in good condition, powers on and all the axis move. I'll work on the same problem. Do you figured out what are suitable servo motors for replacements?? Any information or picture of your project would help me. I'm new on this forum and this branch, so any help would be great. Thanks