Need Help! EMCO VMC100 (1980'S MODEL) POST

Thread: EMCO VMC100 (1980'S MODEL) POST

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default EMCO VMC100 (1980'S MODEL) POST

Hi all,

We just got our first CNC mill, its a emco vmc-100 (80's year i believe)

We are having issues getting offline program into the machine, both options either old school floppy and via RS232 cable.

We think as a start it could be our post isnt outputting the files in the correct format, has anyone else got a older machine and been able to do this?

And any help trying to get the RS232 cable to work is much appreciated.

look forward to hearing peoples feedback and hope fully get the machine up and running

The machine again is a emco vmc-100 with 10 station tools, running emco tronic TM02 controller

Thanks
    Liam

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: EMCO VMC100 (1980'S MODEL) POST

Hi Liam,
    I load my programs using the RS232 exclusively (mine is a TM02 control, but TM01 should be the same).
    First you need to be sure your computer is set to the same settings as the machine...
    I have my computer settings as:

Baud: 1200 (note: original setting in machine was 300, but I changed the machine parameter to speed it up)
    Databits: 7
    Parity: even
    Stopbits: 1
    DSR/DTR: no
    Port: Com 1

Then set the computer ready to transmit the file. (note; I always name my program by the number that I will be loading , and I also add the program number on the first line of code within the program)

example: (note O prefix to the program number is the letter "Oh" not the number zero ; first and last characters of file are a % sign)
    file name: O1234.nc
    % O1234
    N0002 ...........
    N0004..........
    ~
    ~
    M30
    %

On machine:
    1) press > "EDIT" key
    2) press > "RS232" soft key under display screen
    3) type prog # > O#### > press "ENTER" key
    4) press > "INPUT" soft key under display screen

download should start....

Cheers,
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan.

I know it has been some time since your reply here. If
    You are still operating your emco tronic, can you maybe elaborate on the process to upload the programme via rs232?

I have been struggling for days now. If I load an existing program from the machine to PC, I can change the program number and successfully resend it. But new files I created in Fusion and post process, just won’t upload. The machine just hangs and says “loading from ramdisc”.

What do you use as post processor? What do you use to upload the program (the terminal you use).

It doesn’t seem so simple as your explaination? Could you possibly please assist?

Thanks!

Louis.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Louis,

Yes, my VMC100 is still operating as above.

The program that I use to transfer the NC program to the TM02 is an EMCO supplied dos terminal program called SP; it runs in a command prompt within windows. The old laptop computer that I use to transfer the files is running WinXP.... not sure if it will run in newer versions of windows. I have tried unsuccessfully to use other terminal programs with the same result as you have experienced.

I don't use Fusion, did you find a working post for the VMC100?

Have you checked what parameter D00 is set to? It must match your terminal program baud rate.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

EMCO VMC100 (1980'S MODEL) POST-sp-v1-08_-jpg
    EMCO VMC100 (1980'S MODEL) POST-sp-v1-08_config-v24-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan,

I recently was asked to help out on an EmcoTurn 242 (with TM02 controller)
    Would there be any chance to share this executable so we could start getting the serial transfer to work too?

Also, would you know how to get the MSD values (machine parameters) displayed and the Software version of the TM02?

Thanks in advance

Frans

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

one more related question to TM02 controller

Anyone who can explain how to download the parameters from EMCO TM02 to PC (via RS232) ?
    Given that the RS232 connection is working, what is the procedure to download the machine parameters for backup purpose?

And what whould be the procedure to upload the machine parameters to the EMCO again in case that's needed?

Thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Frans, I did not get any notification of your recent messages on this post. I just noticed it now...
    If you PM your email to me I can send you the file, or if you are on Facebook, you can join the EMCO group and access the file there.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/4072...74081749700054
    I'm using this software on an old laptop with WinXP, it has one 9-pin serial COM port. I'm not sure if it will run on newer versions of windows....

Once you have SP on your pc and a working RS232 cable you can download the MSD data by doing the following steps:
    >in EDIT mode:
    Choose RS232
    Type "MSDOUT"
    press OUTPUT

Downloads
    Uploads

Note: Baud rate in TM02 control (parameter D0) must match config setting in SP.

To reload MSD in the event of memory loss the following procedure is used (source can also be RS232)

EMCO VMC100 (1980'S MODEL) POST-msd_load-jpg

Cheers,
    Dan