Seanano's Emco PC Mill 50 retrofit - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seanano's Emco PC Mill 50 retrofit

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VFD model information incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by PNSNengineering View Post
    I realize that this is a pretty old thread, so if you can't answer this no worries - would you happen to have a wiring diagram for the motor or how you wired the motor to the VFD? I'm using one of these spindles for a DIY epoxy granite mill I'm building, but I have next to no info on the motor.
    PNSNengineering, that looks like a fun project. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I haven't been on here much lately. I don't have the machine anymore, but IIRC there was a power terminal block with 3 connectors on the motor. You would wire each of the 3 phase outputs of the VFD to one of the terminals. Which one goes to where doesn't matter. If it isn't turning the way you want you can swap any two power wires to reverse rotation (or invert the settings in the vfd). There should also be a screw directly to the body of the motor to hook up the ground line. Make sure to configure the current and hz settings in your vfd before running to help prevent any issues.

If you are asking about how to connect the motor wires to the motor's power terminal, I'm afraid I don't have any pictures or notes of how those were wired as I didn't make any changes there. Usually there would be a label on the terminal cover to show how to wire those. I don't remember this being a multiple voltage motor so there may not have been one.

Sean

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VFD model information incorrect

Thanks for the reply

I did end up getting it figured out. Upon closer inspection the terminals were all labelled at the connection, so it wasn't an issue that I didn't have the terminal cover. Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12