New Machine Build Emco ConceptMill55 4th Axis project

Thread: Emco ConceptMill55 4th Axis project

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Emco ConceptMill55 4th Axis project

Hi, I am Andrew I have an EMCO Conceptmill55 I am hoping someone might give me a little help and advice to build and fit an after market 4th axis for the machine.
    The machine has the automatic Tool Changer and I believe this mother board would support the fifth stepper motor control board which I have also acquired.
    I already own a spare EMCO three phase stepper motor for the project.
    I am using 3D Geocam to write G&M code this programme supports a forth axis with a software upgrade which is what I propose to use if i can make the hardware work. Any advice most appreciated. (Cannot afford £3800 official EMCO upgrade)
    Hoping to buy and convert an aftermarket 4th axis for about £200 and fit new stepper motor, solder in control board, set jumper, configure WIN NC ....can it be this easy????
    Bought the machine on EBAY in November and have self taught myself to fit and set eight tooling collets, configure offsets and learnt how to use the FANUC21 software to upload G&M code written by 3D geocam so we can successfully 3D machine all materials. Fitted mist coolant, dust extraction and made a footprint base tool to hold softer materials. The aim now is to buy the number1 tool engraving head and build the 4th axis at a reasonable cost.

Happy to share info with other Concept55 Mill operators. Getting this far has been a tough three month journey but now it is operational i just want to make it even more versitile and useful. I am the Head of Design Technology at a comprehensive school in Reading Berkshire.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by EMCO55 View Post
    Hi, I am Andrew I have an EMCO Conceptmill55 I am hoping someone might give me a little help and advice to build and fit an after market 4th axis for the machine.
    The machine has the automatic Tool Changer and I believe this mother board would support the fifth stepper motor control board which I have also acquired.
    I already own a spare EMCO three phase stepper motor for the project.
    I am using 3D Geocam to write G&M code this programme supports a forth axis with a software upgrade which is what I propose to use if i can make the hardware work. Any advice most appreciated. (Cannot afford £3800 official EMCO upgrade)
    Hoping to buy and convert an aftermarket 4th axis for about £200 and fit new stepper motor, solder in control board, set jumper, configure WIN NC ....can it be this easy????
    Bought the machine on EBAY in November and have self taught myself to fit and set eight tooling collets, configure offsets and learnt how to use the FANUC21 software to upload G&M code written by 3D geocam so we can successfully 3D machine all materials. Fitted mist coolant, dust extraction and made a footprint base tool to hold softer materials. The aim now is to buy the number1 tool engraving head and build the 4th axis at a reasonable cost.

Happy to share info with other Concept55 Mill operators. Getting this far has been a tough three month journey but now it is operational i just want to make it even more versitile and useful. I am the Head of Design Technology at a comprehensive school in Reading Berkshire.
    Ever got any further with this? I have ghe same question for my CM105