Tooling EMCO compact 5 with tool changer

Thread: Tooling EMCO compact 5 with tool changer

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tooling EMCO compact 5 with tool changer

I don't currently have access to the lathe but I want to go ahead and order the tools I will be needing.

My understanding is that the tool changer is a 3x3, 3 bar holders, and 3 regular tool holders.

I don't know the sizes of either and what tools I should be most interested in.

Similar Threads:
    EMCO PC mill 50/55 My conversion: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/benchtop-machines/420198-cnc.html#post2451878

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tooling EMCO compact 5 with tool changer

I don't know if EMCO made "Imperial" turret Discs, since i live in Europe..
    But.. the EMCO Compact 5 CNC indeed has 3 Slots and 3 Bores.

There is a 3D model of the EMCO Compact 5 CNC on Grabcad, made by a fellow dutchman, and i have that 3D model.. because i want to modify my EMCO5 a bit..

the Slots are 14 mm high, and 12 mm deep, so a ½" tool will fit.
    the Bores are ø10 mm, so you might want to order tools that are slightly bigger, and turn them down, or Drill the holes a bit bigger.. it's cast Iron.. so that shouldn't be rocket Science..

Another option could be, making a new Turret Disc, with all the holes or slots you need.. (That is what i intend to do, so i can put tools for a certain job in there , and just replace that disc..