DIY tool presetting for Emco PC turn 105?

Thread: DIY tool presetting for Emco PC turn 105?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DIY tool presetting for Emco PC turn 105?

I am running a highly modified emco pc turn 105 (Bigger Chuck, moved spindle and tool turret out and down, custom tool holders giving an extra inch reach up and down on X axis.). Running Fusion 360 into Fanuc 21T (the european version, C).

I'm wondering if its possible to do some kind of tool pre-setting with the Fanuc21t software, and any advice as to how to do it on both the software and physical front.

Would love something mounted in the machine (haas style) but worry that there isnt a super rigid surface to mount arm to, and worry about repeatability and accuracy. My other idea is to have an isolated disc I can chuck up and check the runout with a dial indicator, adjust and then preset tools., or a variant on that idea would be an isolated cylinder that I slide into the center of the chuck and bolt it tight into the pocket through the spindle (perhaps more repeatability/faster?) Would it even be possible to bootstrap this into the fanuc software?

Attached is a pic of the larger chuck / tool turret modifications / custom tool holders.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DIY tool presetting for Emco PC turn 105?-img_0192-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DIY tool presetting for Emco PC turn 105?

Hey,
    i also have got an EMCO Turn 105 (PC TURN Prototype P001 with ACC, so its a concept Turn) With EasyCycle , FANUC 21, 840D and 3D-View...
    i am looking for a better alternative than the manual setup of the tools, like the optical presetting tool.
    there is a description, how you can setup your tools with a reference part. but i do not like that variant...
    maybe we should get in contact.
    where are you from ?

greetings from germany

Markus

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DIY tool presetting for Emco PC turn 105?

hey,

i have also got a EMCO Turn 105.
    (Prototype 1 Serial Number with ACC)

i am looking for an alternative optical presetting tool.

for your information, there is a description , how you can set up your tools with a reference piece and touching it.

feel free to contact

greetings from germany