Pc Turn 55 Spindle is rotating opposite direction

Thread: Pc Turn 55 Spindle is rotating opposite direction

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Pc Turn 55 Spindle is rotating opposite direction

Just acquired a PC Turn 55 which appears to be in great shape, just had to get the computer up and running. I attempted one of the training programs and all was good except if I select a spindle rotation it goes in the opposite direction. I could run the program complete in dry run mode (no spindle) but when I ran it full auto it would stop just after ramping up the spindle. I believe it is hanging up because the spindle is turning opposite of what the g-code tells it and is messing with the encoder. Any thoughts on why or how to reverse it? Is it a parameters setting or just a matter of flipping motor leads? Thanks in advance!!

Similar Threads:
    We are open 24hrs. - just not in a row.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Pc Turn 55 Spindle is rotating opposite direction

If it is a 3-phase motor, switch any two of the 3 power wires at the motor, but make sure the motor is properly grounded.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Mike for the reply. It appears I have another issue I just can't get past. The machine will not run using CSS (G96) no matter what I try. It goes right up to the point of starting the cut and stalls there, however change all G96 to G97 and it runs great start to finish. However, I want the feature of CSS and can't figure out where to go from here. Interesting part is if I open the NC parameters window as it's running, I can see where the feed per inch window drops to zero right at the point it stops. I have tried every setting wincam offers, programmed from other cam software, tried iso mode, still nothing. Not sure if it's a g-code thing, freq drive thing, or somewhere in the parameters settings. Any thoughts?

We are open 24hrs. - just not in a row.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, but I don't have any specific knowledge of the Emco CNC tools.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know anything about this machin, but similiar machines regularly
    using DC-Motors and drives. If you open the housing, you can see, if 2 (than DC)
    or 3 wires (than BLDC or 3~ AC) plus YG for earth.
    In each case you can change 2 wires (not YG) to switch the rotation.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Just acquired a PC Turn 55 which appears to be in great shape, just had to get the computer up and running. I attempted one of the training programs and all was good except if I select a spindle rotation it goes in the opposite direction. I could run the program complete in dry run mode (no spindle) but when I ran it full auto it would stop just after ramping up the spindle. I believe it is hanging up because the spindle is turning opposite of what the g-code tells it and is messing with the encoder. Any thoughts on why or how to reverse it? Is it a parameters setting or just a matter of flipping motor leads? Thanks in advance!!
    M4 is counter clockwise is what you should be using, M3 is clockwise, which would be if your tool changer was on the back of your machine, PC turn 55 is on the front so you have to use M4, unless someone changed the wiring there would be nothing there to change

Check your manual to see what codes do what, G96 I think is not supported, it would be G95, this will also depend what control you are using

Mactec54