Wiring issues...enco lathe - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wiring issues...enco lathe

Downloads
    Uploads

sorry two of the three wires running between contactors is reverse. This reverse one phase of the motor which causes it to run in reverse. Sometimes the controller are wired to support a two or three phase motor. If the motor being controlled AC? Most lathe motors at least Enco's are AC motors, mine is 220V single phase.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It is an AC motor. The data plate on the motor is not legible anymore. Here is a pic of the motor connections at the motor itself.
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-img_20131108_123520-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Enco 110-234 Manual

Here is my manual which is almost identical to your model, look at the wiring diagram. This should make this project much easier. Let me know if you have more questions.

Your lathe appears to be a single phase 220V model like mine. You can see in the manual that they also made some that had three phase motors and probably made the control box identical to save money. You will note the contactors in the schematic diagram. Also as Al suggested a Technique contactor is what I ended up using and worked perfect.

Hope this helps
    Russ

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wiring issues...enco lathe-110-2034-pdf  

Downloads
    Uploads

I just found this manual also, yes, by the look of the hook-up you have a 1ph motor?
    Although it does not appear to have 24v control?
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Its fixed. I cleaned up the contacts in both contactors and now I get the appropriate voltage. All is working as it should.

Thanks again for all the help.
    I'll help on here when I can.

Downloads
    Uploads

Great to hear! Congrats.

A lazy man does it twice.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yep. Back to setting head space and cutting perfect threads on a few barrels and a few muzzle brakes.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wiring issues...enco lathe

I'm posting in this thread again to help a fellow cnczone member. (Unless I can send pics via PM and I'm just not seeing the option.)

Paul, first I want to apologize.
    I am the founder of a weapon manufacturing business so I'm always busy and dealing with everything all at once.
    I was fast to reply at first because I thoroughly enjoy helping others but ultimately my plate is full and I keep asking for more.
    Whenever you need assistance just post in here and I'll do what I can to help.
    I have the equipment and can take pictures and trace wiring for you as well as answer component related questions.
    However there may be subtle differences between our machines so I'll help where I can and other can fill in the blanks.

I had a difficult time finding any accurate schematics but luckily there are many on here that have acquired a strong general knowledge of electrical wiring.
    Ultimately that's all you need to work on these older and simple machines in my opinion.
    Once you learn which electrical parts do what, the wiring is mostly straight forward.

I strongly recommend research to acquire your own understanding because not only is it helpful for repairs but also for safety.

The pictures of the drum switch are at the end.

Here are a bunch of pics. Some useful, some probably not.
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20131210_110714-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20131210_110739-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20131210_110744-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140113_171949-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140113_171957-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140113_172016-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140113_172024-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140113_172033-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140113_172044-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140113_172110-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140113_172119-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140113_172133-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140131_141948-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140131_141954-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140131_142008-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by farshot83 View Post
    I'm posting in this thread again to help a fellow cnczone member. (Unless I can send pics via PM and I'm just not seeing the option.)

Paul, first I want to apologize.
    I am the founder of a weapon manufacturing business so I'm always busy and dealing with everything all at once.
    I was fast to reply at first because I thoroughly enjoy helping others but ultimately my plate is full and I keep asking for more.
    Whenever you need assistance just post in here and I'll do what I can to help.
    I have the equipment and can take pictures and trace wiring for you as well as answer component related questions.
    However there may be subtle differences between our machines so I'll help where I can and other can fill in the blanks.

I had a difficult time finding any accurate schematics but luckily there are many on here that have acquired a strong general knowledge of electrical wiring.
    Ultimately that's all you need to work on these older and simple machines in my opinion.
    Once you learn which electrical parts do what, the wiring is mostly straight forward.

I strongly recommend research to acquire your own understanding because not only is it helpful for repairs but also for safety.

The pictures of the drum switch are at the end.

Here are a bunch of pics. Some useful, some probably not.
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20131210_110714-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20131210_110739-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20131210_110744-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140113_171949-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140113_171957-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140113_172016-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140113_172024-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140113_172033-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140113_172044-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140113_172110-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140113_172119-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140113_172133-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140131_141948-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140131_141954-jpg
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140131_142008-jpg
    Thanks farshot83!!! Thank you for the time and the pics of the drum switch, it is identical to mine. Here is a pic of my electrical box if that will help others also. Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140401_173234-2-jpg Also a pic of the drum switch off the lathe. Wiring issues...enco lathe-20140331_013336-2-jpg Lastly a drawing of the switch and wiring. Wiring issues...enco lathe-drum-switch-wiring-jpg Thanks again for all your help and when I get the lathe up and running I'll post a couple pics. Have a GREAT one!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It looks exacly the same.
    Ask if you have any wiring traces you need done.
    Don't just wing it. You'll destroy it fast.
    Change the belts while its apart if they show wear. Its not fun to do at all. A large hammer, mallet, large brass drift punch....etc. The main bearings and races should be inspected, cleaned, and tension set and checked after a brief no load run. Then checked again after a few decent test runs. Sure someone has more detail but if its not apart just check it over before you run it.
    Much can be found out by feeling for play, slack, rattling and listening for whining and grinding. If you are even a little knowledgeable with machining then you'll know what to watch.

I didn't move you here for public thanks.
    I am rather knowledgeable but not a single person knows everything.
    I wanted to be sure you received the info you needed if I cant help or am wrong.
    Also, no pics in PM's...
    Dont be afraid to post on this forum just search first. Forums never tolerate redundance.
    Many friendly helpful people here.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am looking at everything to see if any worn or broken parts. With the switch wiring I can test contactors and caps with the motor not under drive power to the lathe. If all goes well it will be onto milling an apron case as when they dropped the lathe they major cracked the case in numerous locations. The drop bent one shaft and broke two handles. It was a good thing as a kid I got to work in an awesome automotive machine shop and learned how to straighten cranks back to zero lash and was able to straighten the shaft out. Onward with the project. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Farshot83, I forgot to ask what model Enco you have. It might work that other parts are inter-changable also. My Central Machinery (HF) was originally made by the Tida Machine Works in Taiwan and they rebadged a whole bunch according to my research. Here is a pic of my lathe after the drop and a little clean off.
    Wiring issues...enco lathe-tida-lathe-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mine is
    Enco 110-2032
    MFG date of 1992-1
    Its is an exact match.

Downloads
    Uploads

Awesome, I should have noted, mine is a: Central Machinery TD-1236B, MFG date 1992 4, with serial # 5025. This might help someone else with the same machine but can't find any info on them if they do a search. Have a GREAT day!

Downloads
    Uploads

bump: i am having massive problems with mine. all the attachments that were posted no longer work. Can you send them to me or repost? thanks a million! i need a complete wiring diagram if you have one. i also have enco model 110-2032 mfg date of 1988-7. My dad purchased this, didn't take any before pictures, had 3 mechanical engineers from local factories come by and mess with it and no one will fix or finish the job so its in some half assembled state right now as far as wiring goes. Yes i can just bypass it all but i would rather make this all work like it should. Any and all help would be appreciated. The more pics the better! The main things i need to see is how the motor is wired on the outside, and how the reversing contacts are wired, and basically anything in the control box for wiring. Label if you can what is being fed in (IE: relay, power, emergency cut off) I am even willing to pay if need be. Also a pic of how the switches are wired would be great too. I can't find any info on this lathe. So any info on it is accepted. PLEASE and THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi dadhelpme,

farshot83 actually is the one who owns an ENCO 110-2032, mine is the Central Machinery TD-1236B one. I understand they are the same lathe, just with different badge names. If you can look back to listing #28 at the bottom of the listing yu will see 3 pics I posted showing the inside of the control box, the drum switch for forward & reverse and the wiring diagram of the switch. Here is a pic of the motor wiring cover. Wiring issues...enco lathe-12x36-motor-wiring-jpg All the pics can be enlarged to get a better view of location and direction. Also, here is a PDF manual of the CM lathe I have, it is sparse but does have some info. I hope this helps and if you have any more questions do not be afraid to ask. There are GREAT people on this forum like farshot83 that have helped me in the past.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wiring issues...enco lathe-central-machinery-12x36-lathe-pdf  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi dadhelpme,

I am not sure if my post got to you as I do not see it when I log on, so here is another try with one more bit of info.

farshot83 actually is the one who owns an ENCO 110-2032, mine is the Central Machinery TD-1236B one. I understand they are the same lathe, just with different badge names. If you can look back to listing #29 at the bottom of the listing yu will see 3 pics I posted showing the inside of the control box, the drum switch for forward & reverse and the wiring diagram of the switch. Here is a pic of the motor wiring cover. Wiring issues...enco lathe-12x36-motor-wiring-jpg Here is a diagram of the wiring with colors & wire markers Wiring issues...enco lathe-motor-wiring-220v-central-machinery-12x36-lathe. All the pics can be enlarged to get a better view of location and direction. Also, here is a PDF manual of the CM lathe I haveWiring issues...enco lathe-central-machinery-12x36-lathe-pdf, it is sparse but does have some info. I hope this helps and if you have any more questions do not be afraid to ask. There are GREAT people on this forum like farshot83 that have helped me in the past. All the best in getting your lathe running and turning out chips!!!!

Last edited by atlasdc; 07-21-2014 at 01:09 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm looking into buying a used Enco 12 X 36 lathe that I believe is the same one that you all have been talking about. This lathe has the model number of td-1236b and was manufactured in taiwan. What I'm needing is a manual for this lathe so I can decide what I can fix once I get it into my garage. So, is there a possibility I could get a copy of this manual?

Downloads
    Uploads

OOPS. For some reason, the links to the attachments posted in this topic didn't show up, at first. NOW, they do, so I was able to download the manuals. Thanks a bunch, guys!

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I have been trying to look at these pictures posted and they don't show up.
    I have a 110-2031 enco that is probably the same as the ones in this thread. I am looking for wiring diagrams because the drum switch broke, trying to find a correct replacement.
    A switch company I have talked to can make one but we need a diagram to go by.
    Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast