3 Phase delta high leg

Thread: 3 Phase delta high leg

Downloads
    Uploads

Question 3 Phase delta high leg

I'm powering up a EMCO PC 155 Turn. I have a 3 phase converter. Emco Specs. voltage not to exceed 10%. Current voltage 460V 15% above Spec. on high leg. My question is has anyone out there ever hooked up or currently running a EMCO PC 155 with voltage over Specs? Emco uses the neutral for the 230V. That one leg could bite me because it is 260V to neutral. The 400V reference to high leg is 460V. Not willing to start burning up components. My Miyano, Centurian and Hardinge/Omniturn run great. They don't use neutral/ground reference for voltage like EMCO.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3 Phase delta high leg

Quote Originally Posted by Ron56 View Post
    I'm powering up a EMCO PC 155 Turn. I have a 3 phase converter. Emco Specs. voltage not to exceed 10%. Current voltage 460V 15% above Spec. on high leg. My question is has anyone out there ever hooked up or currently running a EMCO PC 155 with voltage over Specs? Emco uses the neutral for the 230V. That one leg could bite me because it is 260V to neutral. The 400V reference to high leg is 460V. Not willing to start burning up components. My Miyano, Centurian and Hardinge/Omniturn run great. They don't use neutral/ground reference for voltage like EMCO.
    You could use a Buck and Boost Transformers to control the voltage for the Emco and yes you will damage the Emco they are sensitive to voltage, over time you may damage your other machines as well you need a well balanced RPC if you are running CNC machines Phase Perfect has the answer if you need quality power for CNC machines

Mactec54