Tail-Stock Options

Thread: Tail-Stock Options

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tail-Stock Options

I am upgrading a EMCO 220P lathe and wanted to see how others are handling the operation and utilization of the Tail-stock.The lathe has a pneumatic tail-stock. The original control had a sensor for fully retracted and 2 sensors that where attached to a sliding block that somehow registered with piston location and was adjustable with thumb screw. Has anyone else converted one of these and how did they manage the tail-stock? I am thinking of not putting a sensor on the tail-stock and just using 2 outputs to control solenoids. 1 for extend and one for retract and then adjust the pressure regulator for amount of pressure exerted on the work piece. After all, the tail-stock is for live center support of work piece only and don't plan on using is much, but want it available (I Think). Thank You.