Need Help! Emco vmc100 + ATC + mach

Thread: Emco vmc100 + ATC + mach

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Emco vmc100 + ATC + mach

Hi
    I'm in progress of retrofitting an emco vmc100.
    Help needed for the ATC, how to control it from mach3. Need a plug-in or add-on screen and help on connection.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyschalburg View Post
    Hi
    I'm in progress of retrofitting an emco vmc100.
    Help needed for the ATC, how to control it from mach3. Need a plug-in or add-on screen and help on connection.
    I’m just about at the same point as you! Very interested to see what you find. It will be a great machine when it’s done.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Emco vmc100 + ATC + mach

Hey me too! I am in Norway.

Mine is in transport so I havent seen it in the flesh yet. What is your plans regarding original motors, drivers and the original control? I will have a look at the stepper drivers (r3d413001) and see if its possible to drive them with a UC300ETH. I found a swedish guy who rebuilt two of them and he said he will send me his plans and his toolchanger macro. https://www.instagram.com/explore/ta...alengineering/

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

the most difficult part of it is to control spindle (at least for me). I tought about putting there a separate PWM controller for spindle engine, and making a translater board for encoder signal.
    Rest of it is just based on controling Z axis motnion and input signals drom proximity sensors. these signals are on the mainboard of EMCO control system so its quite easy except for a little detail- some of sensors works with 24V and other with 12V so there is a necessary to use some relays or transoptors for these signals.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have started to look at the motors and drivers. I am in contact with oriental motors in Germany and they have a driver that would work with the Berger Lahr RDM 596/50 motors called CVD528BR-K, its only 24volts though so I am not sure if its strong enough. The best for me would be to use the R3d413001 drivers I got that is in my emcotronic controller but perhaps put in a smaller box together with the powersupply from the emcotronic. It seems a bit silly to have to have that big heavy box. I am not sure how to extract only the drivers and I have not figured out where the 50v comes from and if I also need -50v? For the toolchanger I am probably in the end going to do like Matal and modify the ATC turret and use a small stepper with a macro. https://www.instagram.com/p/BUkGf40jeO_/

Also been taking apart the machine and looking at the possibility to change to 2phase steppers and common drivers. It looks very simple to do. Do you guys know exactly what the belt is and where one could buy new belts and pulleys if needed?