New Emco Concept 55 mill owner! I'm lost with Fanuc. (Series 21)

Thread: New Emco Concept 55 mill owner! I'm lost with Fanuc. (Series 21)

Downloads
    Uploads

Question New Emco Concept 55 mill owner! I'm lost with Fanuc. (Series 21)

Hello! I'm looking for some help that should be basic for anyone who uses an emco/fanuc. My machine is running Series 21.

I have just gotten everything sorted. I got the heavy machine on my work bench by myself, diagnosed and repaired broken switches and wires, picked up a new pc, tracked down a winNC license, and have gotten this machine in operating condition.

The catch is, I don't know how to operate it.

I have figured out how to jog, and input code to change tools. That's it.

Reading the Fanuc 21 manual is a little hard to get through.

I'm used to mach3 on my sherline, and setting up a job is almost common sense.

I need a crash course on how to set up a job. How to measure my tools, how to set my workpiece reference, and how to load an NC file.

Easy and the most basic stuff. Heck I'd even pay for an hour or two of your time if you could walk me through it step by step over the phone or Skype type thing.

I just know once I figure out how to get a job set up and used to the controls, everything will click and make sense.

Also if anyone has any English reference materials that can get me on the right path, I'd greatly appreciate it! Also if this post should be anywhere else in the forum lmk!