I just got a PC Mill 125 Does anyone else have one?

Thread: I just got a PC Mill 125 Does anyone else have one?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I just got a PC Mill 125 Does anyone else have one?

I just got a PC Mill 125 Does anyone else have one?
    I want to get it up and running or if that is not possible, do a conversion on it if the Mechanicals are in good condition.
    Does anyone here have one of these?
    Kevin

Similar Threads:

Default Re: I just got a PC Mill 125 Does anyone else have one?

Did you buy that one in Virginia? The biggest pain is that they are wired for 3 phase power. If you are already setup with 3ph, this is no problem. If everything is in order it should power up. The Fanuc interface works fine. Hopefully it included at least the basic set of toolholders as they aren't exactly cheap from Emco and they are unique to these Emco mills with the turret tool changer. At this age, the boards in the machine begin to act up. I had an intermittent error that I traced to solder connection on the safety board, and still have intermittent error during tool changes. I rewired my machine for single phase as the only thing that really uses three phase is the coolant pump. It makes good parts.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi there Diesel_Pilot.
    I just saw your message.
    Yes, that is me, and that is the machine. I am picking it up next week.Can I ask you a few questions about how to move it.

How much ground clearance is there?
    How many feet does it have on the floor?
    How far apart are they?

It would be a big help. I am trying to figure out if I need to make some skates to get it out the door..
    Thanks,
    Kevin

It has four bolts threaded into the frame for feet, You'll want to remove them. It moves with a pallet jack, but most of the mass is on the mill side so pay attention to the center of gravity.