Need Help! wiring limit/home switches to mx4660

Thread: wiring limit/home switches to mx4660

Downloads
    Uploads

Default wiring limit/home switches to mx4660

i have installed a leadshine mx4660 on my cnc. works well.

now i want to use six home/limit switches-- 2 on each axis-- using: (uxcell LJ12A3-4-Z/BY DC 6-36V 3 Wire 4mm Detection PNP NO Inductive Proximity Sensor Switch 300mA).

they are physically installed.

i now need to wire them to the mx4660 but am not certain how to do this correctly.

i can be emailed at jlroch@sjcon.ca

any help would be VERY welcomed.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: wiring limit/home switches to mx4660

Quote Originally Posted by jlroch View Post
    i have installed a leadshine mx4660 on my cnc. works well.

now i want to use six home/limit switches-- 2 on each axis-- using: (uxcell LJ12A3-4-Z/BY DC 6-36V 3 Wire 4mm Detection PNP NO Inductive Proximity Sensor Switch 300mA).

they are physically installed.

i now need to wire them to the mx4660 but am not certain how to do this correctly.

i can be emailed at jlroch@sjcon.ca

any help would be VERY welcomed.
    First off. If wiring 2 limit switches onto a single axis. Normally open switches need to be wired in parallel.
    When either one triggers they will both send signal which is what you want to happen.

If wired in series then one switch will keep the circuit open and do nothing.

So 2 switches wired the same, say X axis (input1) are wired exactly the same.
    The manual shows it prefers a 12v external psu for inductive switches. Reason for this is the inbuilt 12v power inside your mx unit is limited. (Using 12v shows that no resistors are needeed anywhere).
    So + terminal looks to go into OPTO2 pin and - terminal into GND pin next to INPUT4. You may need a bridge wire between 12v output (next to input 4's gnd pin) & opto1. See pg 20
    https://www.damencnc.com/userdata/fi...are_Manual.pdf

Then....
    Brown goes to psu+ (& opto2)
    Black goes to axis input pin (load, input1 for X)
    Blue goes to input gnd/- pin & psu-
    Then assign your outputs in program & just select wether active high or low works best.
    Remember both switches NO wired exactly the same

It says you can only use external power with inputs 1 to 4. So for instance... X input1, Y input2, Z input3.

Last edited by dazp1976; 05-20-2021 at 08:23 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: wiring limit/home switches to mx4660

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    First off. If wiring 2 limit switches onto a single axis. Normally open switches need to be wired in parallel.
    When either one triggers they will both send signal which is what you want to happen.

If wired in series then one switch will keep the circuit open and do nothing.

So 2 switches wired the same, say X axis (input1) are wired exactly the same.
    The manual shows it prefers a 12v external psu for inductive switches. Reason for this is the inbuilt 12v power inside your mx unit is limited. (Using 12v shows that no resistors are needeed anywhere).
    So + terminal looks to go into OPTO2 pin and - terminal into GND pin next to INPUT4. You may need a bridge wire between 12v output (next to input 4's gnd pin) & opto1. See pg 20
    https://www.damencnc.com/userdata/fi...are_Manual.pdf

Then....
    Brown goes to psu+ (& opto2)
    Black goes to axis input pin (load, input1 for X)
    Blue goes to input gnd/- pin & psu-
    Then assign your outputs in program & just select wether active high or low works best.
    Remember both switches NO wired exactly the same

It says you can only use external power with inputs 1 to 4. So for instance... X input1, Y input2, Z input3.

thnx for the help.
    i think i understand. i made a sketch (schematic.jpg) showing what i DO understand (see the limit switches to the right). can you tell me if i understood correctly. can you also tell me how/where to connect the leads from my switches to the correct terminals in the sketch.

jacques

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wiring limit/home switches to mx4660-schematic-jpg