Problem Machine Feature not working

Thread: Machine Feature not working

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Machine Feature not working

we have got EdgeCam 2017 R1 at work, I tried to use Machine feature in machining but all that comes up is a dialog asking do you want to Rough, Finish or Both the feature, I aleady had a tool picked so ticked use this tool, when I press ok I am expecting Edgecam to ask me which feature needs machining but nothing comes up. I have already ran feature finder so all the features are there, so I am a little stumped now on what to do, has anybody any ideas?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Machine Feature not working

Hello!

First off all i will recommend you to install the latest Edgecam version. 2018 R1 Service Update 5

Here is a link to their software page, and if you don`t have, you must make an account. Maby your reseller need to help you with that. https://customers.verosoftware.com/S...eDownload.aspx

In 2018 you have a new option that you can use in "Machine Feature". That option is "Use Current Tool"

When you choose "Roughing", Edgecam only make a "roughing cycle". If you choose "Profiling", Edgecam only make a "profiling cycle"
    When you choose "Both", Edgecam make first a "Roughing cycle" then a "Profiling Cycle" afterwards. It depents on what you want to do.

Do you got an error when Edgecam tell you to choose a feature?

Remember, you don`t always need a feature, you can pick the solid.

Hope you understand something

Greetings from Robert!

My second homebuilt cnc machine cnczone.com/forums/norwegian_club_house/123977-ombygget_cnc_-_gecko_540_a.html

Downloads
    Uploads

after I click ok on selecting roughing option the dialog goes off then nothing happens, cheers for reply I will get latest update installed ASAP and let you how I get on

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Select roughing? are you now in rest rough in the roughing cycle?

My second homebuilt cnc machine cnczone.com/forums/norwegian_club_house/123977-ombygget_cnc_-_gecko_540_a.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Select roughing? are you now in rest rough in the roughing cycle?

Downloads
    Uploads

finally sussed it out, in settings in the launcher, the master strategy location was pointing in the wrong folder should be USER\themes\default\strategy now working perfectly, thanks for advice

Downloads
    Uploads

Good that you find it out! Just ask if there is something i can help you with.

Have a nice weekend!

Greetings from Robert.