Insert stock from CAD model

Thread: Insert stock from CAD model

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Insert stock from CAD model

On the process that I am working on, the program begins with a half finished part in the subspindle (which works better for looping purposes). I created a CAD model of the half finished part and I'm attempting to insert it into the sequence.

When attempting to do this, it doesn't recognize it as stock and it does not work correctly in the simulation. I also cannot move the model, it gets placed at the main spindle datum and the only way to move it is to translate the body in the setup tab, which is difficult to do accurately.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Insert stock from CAD model-capture1-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Insert stock from CAD model

when you insert the stl add some wire to the same layer from the base model for something of reference to use when you move the stl to the new position.
    the stl will come in exactly where the model is when you cut it so the wire will be where it really is for both.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Insert stock from CAD model

why is there a link tied to the words "the wire" in that post i just made???

talk about click bait, WTF??