Fiducial Alignment

Thread: Fiducial Alignment

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fiducial Alignment

I cant get my computer to launch the Fiducial Alignment app. I have installed a user button (C:\KMotion435f\PC VCS Examples\MeasureFiducials\LaunchMeasureFiducials.b at) into KMotion CNC and put the geo file to (C:\KMotion435f\KMotion\Data\MeasurementsPlusMinus .txt) like the video shows.

What else?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fiducial Alignment-screenshot-7-jpg   Fiducial Alignment-screenshot-6-jpg  
    Last edited by Gunmachinist; 10-24-2021 at 12:42 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fiducial Alignment

The batch file runs the Debug Version of MeasureFiducials.exe. Did you build the Debug Version? Otherwise you might change it to run the Release Version that comes with the installation.

Did you try running the Batch file from Windows by double clicking it?

Did you try running MeasureFiducials.exe from Windows by double clicking it?

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

I watched the youtube video and did what it explained which doesn't explain how to do any of that. So, where do I find thoes files?

(C:\KMotion435f\PC VCS Examples\MeasureFiducials) double click on this and all I get is more crap...
    Where do I find MeasureFiducials.exe?

Downloads
    Uploads

The Release executables are in the C:\KMotion435f\KMotion\Release folder with the rest of the Release executables.

Did you know if you don't know where a file is you can search for it? Open the C:\KMotion435f folder, click the Search Tab, then enter the filename you want to find.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    The Release executables are in the C:\KMotion435f\KMotion\Release folder with the rest of the Release executables.

Did you know if you don't know where a file is you can search for it? Open the C:\KMotion435f folder, click the Search Tab, then enter the filename you want to find.
    Got it now, but the window doesn't show a the grey shaft so I can align it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Gunmachinist View Post
    Do I have to have a camera on my servo to align it and what do I do with all the other settings which are different from the instructions and video?

Downloads
    Uploads

Is there a better video of this process?

Downloads
    Uploads

Why would there be a grey shaft?

Do I have to have a camera on my servo to align it
    If you want to do camera alignment you would need a camera.

what do I do with all the other settings which are different from the instructions and video?
    That Version is quite complicated including machine vision to fully calibrate our gippetto robot. It uses an array of alignment targets and a laser target to measure X, Y, and Z at each Grid point. See the demo Video (at the 1 minute mark). But there are no instructions for this.

You haven't explained what you are attempting to do, but I dug up the old Version and upgraded to VS 2015 and compiled it for V4.35f if that helps. See attached.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

I watched this video under KMotionCNC Fiducial Alignment, and am attempting to align my sytem as it shows in the video. There is not much of an explanation of where the servo shaft he is looking at with the R and L on it came from I just thought it was part of the program and moved relative with my system. I thought this may be necessary after tuning the servos to ensure the servo doesn't fall short or pass its intended target, so is it necessary?

Downloads
    Uploads

Normally for something like a Mill one would have a camera/microscope mounted in or on the Spindle. Then the stock or part that is to be milled would have 2 fiducial marks on the left and right sides (like shown in the Video). The XY axis would move left and right so the camera could view and measure the fiducial mark positions. Because we didn't have access to an actual Mill for the Video demo we just looked at something that moved left and right as a motor moved (the shaft). It has nothing to do with servo tuning. One wouldn't normally ever look at a motor shaft. For purposes of the demo Video you must use your imagination when the motor spins that it is rotating something like a lead screw which eventually brings a fiducial mark into the view of the camera.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Normally for something like a Mill one would have a camera/microscope mounted in or on the Spindle. Then the stock or part that is to be milled would have 2 fiducial marks on the left and right sides (like shown in the Video). The XY axis would move left and right so the camera could view and measure the fiducial mark positions. Because we didn't have access to an actual Mill for the Video demo we just looked at something that moved left and right as a motor moved (the shaft). It has nothing to do with servo tuning. One wouldn't normally ever look at a motor shaft. For purposes of the demo Video you must use your imagination when the motor spins that it is rotating something like a lead screw which eventually brings a fiducial mark into the view of the camera.
    Ok, thank you for explaining it. I won't worry about that for now.

Another question is how can I wire a 3 wire pnp proximity switch to JP15? I have my current 2 wire limit switch wired there, but cannot get a 3 wire prox switch to work. I wired the brown (+) wire to 24v power supply (+) and blue wire (-) to JP15 and the (-) side of the power supply to JP15. The black wire is supposed to be wired to the opposite side of a load from brown, but I can't figure this out. I did attempt to wire it like a diagram from the wiki page which shows a 3 wire prox switch wired to JP33 (I think). I did try wiring it to JP15 the same way without luck.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post the specification of the Proximity Sensor.

Post a wiring diagram of how you wired it.

What wiki page are you referring to?

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Post the specification of the Proximity Sensor.
    in the pictures.

Post a wiring diagram of how you wired it.
    In the wirimg pic. I put the brown to power supply (+) and the black and blue wire to JP15 #2 black to + blue to -.

What wiki page are you referring to?
    The dynomotion page under diagrams, here is the diagram I speakqt of.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fiducial Alignment-components-wiring-3-wire-dc-npn-pnp   Fiducial Alignment-screenshot_20211027-152454_adobe-acrobat-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

That all seems correct (except the wiki diagram if for NPN and KStep so doesn't relate).

Please post a specification showing the leakage current, voltage, drive capability, etc. A wiring diagram is not a specification.

What happens? Does the Input always indicate active?

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

That all seems correct (except the wiki diagram if for NPN and KStep so doesn't relate).
    True, but that was the only wiring I could find in relation to wiring into kannalog
    Please post a specification showing the leakage current, voltage, drive capability, etc. A wiring diagram is not a specification.
    3-30vdc is the voltage I don't have the rest of that information. The diagram on the part is all I got (see picture).

What happens? Does the Input always indicate active?
    yes, the input shows active whether or not I manually trip the sensor.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fiducial Alignment-screenshot_20211028-125146_ebay-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks like some specs printed right on the unit but you aren’t showing us.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks like some specs printed right on the unit but you aren’t showing us.
    I was able to look it up from where I purchased it:

Inductive proximity switch PNP normally open (between black and blue wires)
    DC input range (brown wire +, blue wire -, 6 - 36 V
    Maximum output current: 300 mA
    Proximity range: 4 mm

Downloads
    Uploads

So no specification on leakage current? I suspect it has enough leakage to keep the Kanalog Opto Input on. Try adding a 2.7K Ohm 1/4 Watt (or larger) resistor in parallel with the Kanalog Opto Input. Since Kanalog's Input impedance is 10K Ohms that should reduce the current going to Kanalog by about a factor of 4. If that doesn't work try 1.2K Ohm 1/2 Watt (or larger) resistor.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

So no specification on leakage current? I suspect it has enough leakage to keep the Kanalog Opto Input on. Try adding a 2.7K Ohm 1/4 Watt (or larger) resistor in parallel with the Kanalog Opto Input. Since Kanalog's Input impedance is 10K Ohms that should reduce the current going to Kanalog by about a factor of 4. If that doesn't work try 1.2K Ohm 1/2 Watt (or larger) resistor.
    I attempted to connect a 2.7K 1/4w resistor like this picture but it still shows active in I/O screen with no change. I'll order the 1.2K resistor and see if that works. Just to make sure is this the correct way I need to wire into JP15?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fiducial Alignment-unnamed-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

No that is wrong. All the sensor power is flowing through the opto making it always on.

The power supply should be directly connected to the power supply terminals of the sensor. The resistor should be in parallel with the opto.

It should be:

Fiducial Alignment-pnp-png

The resistor might not be necessary if you had it wired incorrectly before.

Regards