Problem Z-DRO doesn't count - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Z-DRO doesn't count

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Z-DRO doesn't count

Hi Beppe,

It’s still not clear what you mean. Interrupted normally means pauses and then resumes. When did it resume working?

Did you check on KMotion.exe if Thread #7 was still running (green bar)?

What else was in the MPG loop? Anything that would pause or block when the spindle is on?

You might troubleshoot it to determine what was happening.

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Beppe,

It’s still not clear what you mean. Interrupted normally means pauses and then resumes. When did it resume working?

Did you check on KMotion.exe if Thread #7 was still running (green bar)?

What else was in the MPG loop? Anything that would pause or block when the spindle is on?

You might troubleshoot it to determine what was happening.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

hi Tom,

Sorry, my poor English didn't understand the difference between interrupted and blocked - thread #7 was blocked and I checked it by Kmotion.exe, the green bar disappeared. Into the Thread #7 loop there is anything else than the MPG code

Beppe

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Beppe,

Well "blocked" wouldn't be the word I'd use either. If the green bar disappear then the program would have been killed by something. Or it terminated itself.

Note pushing "Stop" will also kill all Threads except Thread #1.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

hi Tom,

I implemented the lathe rotary tool changer service code using your RotaryToolChanger.c example; i made some changes to the original code to fit my lathe and notice this:

a) when I do manual tool change all is working fine but, in the KMotionCNC screen, the Tool ID doesn't change; is it because I call the tool change without issuing an M6?

b) calling "M6 Tn" from MDI line in KMotionCNC I get always "Invalid Tool Change Number 0", seems that TOOL_VAR isn't refreshed by Kflop. Shouldn't this variable be written by Kflop every time an "M6 Tn" instruction is issued?

Can you take a look at code and tell me if I am wrong?

Attached the init file, that manage the manual button, and tool changer file called from KMotionCNC when M6 is issued

Beppe

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Beppe,

a) when I do manual tool change all is working fine but, in the KMotionCNC screen, the Tool ID doesn't change; is it because I call the tool change without issuing an M6?
    Yes. KMotionCNC has no information that you changed the Tool. You might do an MDI of "Txxx" to inform KMotionCNC. But probably better to tell KMotionCNC to do the tool change with "M6Txxx".

b) calling "M6 Tn" from MDI line in KMotionCNC I get always "Invalid Tool Change Number 0", seems that TOOL_VAR isn't refreshed by Kflop. Shouldn't this variable be written by Kflop every time an "M6 Tn" instruction is issued?
    Yes M6 should send the Tool Slot before executing. How do you have M6 configured? The program is expecting Var 9 to be used. Is M6 configured to use Var 9?

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

hi Tom

--Yes. KMotionCNC has no information that you changed the Tool. You might do an MDI of "Txxx" to inform KMotionCNC. But probably better to tell KMotionCNC to do the tool change with "M6Txxx".--

Ok, I will call "DoPCInt(PC_COMM_MCODE,6)" when I want change tool manually instead to use the subroutine written inside the init file

--Yes M6 should send the Tool Slot before executing. How do you have M6 configured? The program is expecting Var 9 to be used. Is M6 configured to use Var 9?--

If you mean the VAR used in KMotionCNC when M6 is issued I think I didn't take much attention to that, tomorrow I will check if I am using VAR 9 or other

thank you Tom, as ever you are helpful

Beppe

P.S. for sure I will need help to understand how to apply the appropriate tool offset, may I continue here or is it better I open another thread?

Downloads
    Uploads

P.S. for sure I will need help to understand how to apply the appropriate tool offset, may I continue here or is it better I open another thread?
    I think new topics are better in new Threads. Be sure to include related info so a person reading that thread can make sense of it.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

hi Tom,

I will, thanks

Beppe

Downloads
    Uploads

hi Tom,

just a last thing before I leave the thread.
    I would like to customize the KMotionCNC look by putting a background bitmap file; if I use one of your files, for example tileable-metal-textures-8.jpg, everything is fine, if instead I use one of my files I get an error message that you can see in the attached screenshot. Where am I wrong?

Attached is the error screenshot and a sample file of those that I would like to insert as a background

Beppe

P.S. I reloaded the screen editor error because was too small

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Z-DRO doesn't count-fondo-offset-jpg   Z-DRO doesn't count-screen-editor-error-jpg   Z-DRO doesn't count-screen-editor-error-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Beppe,

I'm not sure. It seems to work for me. It think you posted the image instead of the file so I'm not sure when I save it it is in the exact same format.

What Version of KMotion are you using?

I think the images need to be 24 or 32 bits/pixel. You might check the details of a file that works and compare to one that doesn't.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

hi Tom,

I am using Kmotion version 4.35f. For me also it work if i download the picture from the post, the difference between the original file and the downloaded one is the dimension. Can the problem come from that?
    Attached the original file renamed as .txt for your tests

Beppe

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Beppe,

That file works ok for me also. It might be related to the screen you are putting it into.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi Beppe,

That file works ok for me also. It might be related to the screen you are putting it into.
    hi Tom,

it's not so clear what you mean: do I have to make a particular screen to insert that background?

Beppe

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Beppe,

No any background should work in any screen.

It might be something specific about your screen that causes a problem. Maybe the size, or location, or other graphics, or names, etc. If you provide all the files and describe exactly what you are doing I may be able to re-produce the problem.

You might also try one of our included screens to see if it then works. I tested:
    C:\KMotion435f\PC VC Examples\KMotionCNC\Screens\Probe_JB_Stig\ProbeScr eenExt.scr

Regards

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123