Dynomotion - Page 3

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynomotion

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Dynomotion

Tom,

you are correct, the contactor 1 is actually the contactor coil. These small relay boards are utilized to cycle the servo drives on one at a time. They are generic 24VDC relay modules.

Thanks,

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi Mark,

What kind relay board is it and how is it to be driven?
    Tom,

These are what Mark is using per my suggestion.

https://www.amazon.com/NOYITO-8-Chan...s%2C214&sr=8-2

I like opto-isolation between the world and controllers, even if the outputs on the controller are opto-outputs. I do the same on inputs unless the input is powered by the controller. Kind of a belt and suspenders approach.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

This week's progress.

Dynomotion-img_5566-jpgDynomotion-img_5569-jpgDynomotion-img_5570-jpgDynomotion-img_5571-jpgDynomotion-img_5572-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dynomotion-img_5566-jpg   Dynomotion-img_5569-jpg   Dynomotion-img_5570-jpg   Dynomotion-img_5571-jpg  

Dynomotion-img_5572-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Good Afternoon Tom,

Last week I loaded the Kmotion Software on my PC with the latest version from a USB drive and have powered KFLOP and Kannalog via the USB cable from the PC, The PC does not see the motion control board per the instruction manual from the website. Does KFLOP need an external 5V power supply or will the 5V USB cable from the PC work by itself? I have not applied any other power supplies to the motion board as of yet.

Thanks, Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

Kanalog requires too much power to be powered from USB. Remove KFLOP Jumper J3 and power from an external +5V supply with at least 2A capacity.

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello All,

Yesterday I installed the Kmotion software and USB drivers on my PC, and also applied power to my CNC cabinet for the first time and performed some voltage checks, all is looking good. I have been working with Jim D on the initial wiring and installation of components, the CNC retrofit is progressing as planned.

On my setup, I have installed some auxiliary redundant relay boards that will energize my contactors to apply power to the servo drives one at a time, they receive a signal from Kanalog OPT 3/4/5/6. This start up process keep any unwanted voltage surges when 230V is applied to the servo drives all at the same time. See page 2 of the wiring schematic.

The power up sequence:
    1. Turn main power Off/On switch on (Black) – this switch turns on power to the PC, case fans and all power supplies.
    2. Turn Off/On switch on (Yellow) – this switch applies power to the cube relay 2
    3. Pull out the E-Stop.
    4. Press the PB1 switch (Yellow) – this switch turns on power to the cube relay 1 and energizes the small relay boards that activate the servo contactors.

I believe Kanalog needs to be programmed before the contactor can energize, I'm hoping someone can assist me and point me in the right direction to program the OPT's C++ programming is all new to me and I will be learning on the fly.

Thanks,
    Mark

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dynomotion-img_5557-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Good Morning Tom,

I have one (1) more servo to mount and hard wire up, I should finalize that task on Saturday. My machine is at my shop and I'm only able to work on it during the weekend as my day time job doesn't allow time during the week. I've been getting a bunch of assistance from Jim Dawson, he has a great deal of knowledge in this area, the installations of components is coming along very well.

Now comes the part I'm struggling with, the programming and have no clue where to start. I have the software installed the KFLOP LED indicator lights are all on. I'm not sure what direction to take now. I have been doing a lot of reading on your website, but still confused. I found an older post where someone had retrofitted a Anilam Crusader M, back in 2014, it looks like he utilized the original glass scales and DC servos, where I have completed decided to upgrade to the DMM AC servos and drives. I haven't kept any of the Anilam electronics as some components had started to fail so I'm not sure if I can follow his post. I have attached a copy of this post for your review. Do you have a step by step process on what needs to be dome? Is the programming done from the Kmotion and console screen? Can you provide me some direction?

Dynomotion-capture_kmotion-console_20210901-jpg

Thanks, Mark

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dynomotion-capture_kmotion-console_20210901-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

Every system is different. The first step might be to test your X Axis. Try to perform this test

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Tom,

Does power have to be applied to the servos before performing the Initial Setup/Testing for Analog Amplifiers? As of right now, my contactors are not energizing and closing to apply power to my servo drives. We installed some additional micro relays to power up the contactors which are controlled by KFLOP/Kannalog via the power up sequence.

1.) Turn main power switch on (black off/on switch on schematic)
    - This applies power to the PC, case fans and all power supplies.

2.) Turn the yellow power switch on
    - This applies power to the cube relay 2

3.) Pull out the E-stop Switch

4.) Press the PB1 switch (Yellow Pushbutton on schematic)
    - The PB applies power to the cube relay 1 and energizes the micro relays, applying power to the contactors then to the servo drives.

Please see the attached wiring diagram.

PS - Unfortunately, I have no internet connection at my shop, so I need to have the info before getting down there or downloaded to a usb drive.

Thanks, Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

Every system is different. The first step might be to test your X Axis. Try to perform this test
    Tom,

What Mark is going to need some help with at the moment, is powering up the axis contactors. There are two output signals required from the Kanalog, 1) E-stop permissive, and 2) an output to energize a contactor through the opto-relays, one output for each axis contactor.

I assume that this is not standard code in the Kanalog.

In the code, the logic would be as follows:

E-stop permissive is turned on when the Kanalog is happy, and would be turned off due to any number of fault conditions (to be determined later)

On reset (yellow) PB, the Kanalog would turn on each of the axis contactor outputs with a 1 second delay between them, this is done to minimize the inrush current on the line.

Now the axes should be energized and ready to accept motion commands.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark/Jim,

Does power have to be applied to the servos before performing the Initial Setup/Testing for Analog Amplifiers?
    yes unless your servos work by magic

E-stop permissive is turned on when the Kanalog is happy, and would be turned off due to any number of fault conditions (to be determined later)

On reset (yellow) PB, the Kanalog would turn on each of the axis contactor outputs with a 1 second delay between them, this is done to minimize the inrush current on the line.
    To start go to the KMotion Digital IO Screen and toggle whatever outputs need to be activated to apply power to the servos. Record what bits need to be activated and to what polarities. Once everything is tested you can add SetBit(xx);ClearBit(xx); calls in the initialization C Program to do this automatically. Potentially with Delay_Sec(1.0); commands between them.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Tom,

I have found the IO digital screen, however, since my boards are not hooked up to this PC, it won't let me toggle them here . it will have to wait until Saturday. What action or result should I see once the output is toggled? Will it close each contactor?

Dynomotion-capture_io-digital_kflop_20210901-jpg

Dynomotion-capture_io-digital_kanalog_20210901-jpg

Thanks, Mark

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dynomotion-capture_io-digital_kflop_20210901-jpg   Dynomotion-capture_io-digital_kanalog_20210901-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

You should make yourself a Table of how you wired things which shows: What IO is connected to what and who's purpose is to do what.

It seems you have:

Kanalog opto output #3 wired to enable Relay #1 which allows the main enable
    Kanalog opto output #4 wired to enable Relay #2 which drives Contactor #1 which provides power to the X Servo
    Kanalog opto output #5 wired to enable Relay #3 which drives Contactor #2 which provides power to the Y Servo
    Kanalog opto output #6 wired to enable Relay #4 which drives Contactor #3 which provides power to the Z Servo

I think you may also have Optos wired to the Servo Enables? Maybe 0,1,2 for X y Z?

So for a servo to move you will need the system enabled, power to the servo, the servo enabled, and a DAC command to supply a command voltage.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Tom,

That is correct. The enable OPTO 0-2 came directly from the DMM recommended wiring schematic. I will be sure to take my wiring schematics to the shop with me and make some notes.

Thanks, Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by seapacer2 View Post
    Tom,

That is correct. The enable OPTO 0-2 came directly from the DMM recommended wiring schematic. I will be sure to take my wiring schematics to the shop with me and make some notes.

Thanks, Mark
    Tom,

At my shop this morning. What am I doing wrong? Received error, invalid command.

It c programming is all new to me. I need some assisting in walking through this process.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dynomotion-775398b8-9e17-4cc7-b0da-9ea642eb9013-jpeg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

There are 3 ways to do something like setting an output bit:

#1 just click on the bit in the Digital IO Screen
    #2 enter script commands in the Console Screen. ie. SetBit131
    #3 with a function call in a C Program using the C Program Screen. ie. SetBit(131);

You are entering C functions into the Console Screen.

Use method #1 to test your hardware.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

There are 3 ways to do something like setting an output bit:

#1 just click on the bit in the Digital IO Screen
    #2 enter script commands in the Console Screen. ie. SetBit131
    #3 with a function call in a C Program using the C Program Screen. ie. SetBit(131);

You are entering C functions into the Console Screen.

Use method #1 to test your hardware.
    Tom,

I’m on the I/O screen under the Kanalog tab. I tried toggling the OPTO 0,1,2,3,4. I can see it changing state, but not sure what I’m suppose see on the outcome?

Would it be easier to communicate via cell phone, I have no internet connection at my shop.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

This is your system. Its up to you to know what each thing in your system is supposed to do. Did you create the table I suggested?

For example I believe:

Kanalog Opto OUT 3 should cause Relay OR1 to activate. Does it click when the bit is toggled? If not, use a voltmeter and measure voltage at IN1 Pin on the Relay board relative to the DC- pin. Measure the Voltage with the Opto On and when Off.

I couldn't find a specification on your Relay board. All I could find is a statement that for 24V boards the input pin must be more than 12V to be on or less than 12V to be off. So I'm guessing it should be driven to 24V to be on or driven to 0V to be off. I believe your wiring has the Kanalog Opto driving the pin to 0V when active. But when inactive (open) I don't see anything to make the pin go to 24V.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

This is your system. Its up to you to know what each thing in your system is supposed to do. Did you create the table I suggested?

For example I believe:

Kanalog Opto OUT 3 should cause Relay OR1 to activate. Does it click when the bit is toggled? If not, use a voltmeter and measure voltage at IN1 Pin on the Relay board relative to the DC- pin. Measure the Voltage with the Opto On and when Off.

I couldn't find a specification on your Relay board. All I could find is a statement that for 24V boards the input pin must be more than 12V to be on or less than 12V to be off. So I'm guessing it should be driven to 24V to be on or driven to 0V to be off. I believe your wiring has the Kanalog Opto driving the pin to 0V when active. But when inactive (open) I don't see anything to make the pin go to 24V.
    Tom,

I got it figured out, the relay boards now activate the servo contactors when toggled from the I/O screen. We are going to add another input to Kanalog Opt 7+ from the CR1 relay, this will tell Kanalog when the E-stop is pressed. The Opt7- will then go to -24VDC, this should complete the entire circuit.

What else do I need to do from Kmotion at this point? Is there any thing else I need to start programing the the initialization c program?

Thanks, Mark

Last edited by seapacer2; 09-04-2021 at 03:37 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

I got it figured out, the relay boards now activate the servo contactors when toggled from the I/O screen.
    Great. What did you change?

What else do I need to do from Kmotion at this point? Is there any thing else I need to start programing the the initialization c program?
    You need to configure, test, and tune the entire machine first. Return to post 48.

Regards

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast