Dynomotion - Page 2

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynomotion

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Dynomotion

Tom and Jim,

I'm the only one that will be utilizing this machine, so if I'm hearing this correctly, if I start the machine as recommended by Jim's starting sequence, we should be OK and we can disregard adding the SWE to the wiring control schematics?

If so, I will update the controls wiring as per Jim's revised wiring suggestions.

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm the only one that will be utilizing this machine, so if I'm hearing this correctly, if I start the machine as recommended by Jim's starting sequence, we should be OK and we can disregard adding the SWE to the wiring control schematics?
    I believe that is correct.

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, Jim and Tom for your help.

So at this point, as long as everything else looks good, I will finalize the wiring schematics.

Thanks again!

Downloads
    Uploads

Tom,

I will be placing my order for a KFLOP and Kanalog board this week, what cables are needed for installation or are they included when you purchase them together at the same time? I'm also finalizing my wire schematics and will post them for final approval.

Thanks,

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

Cables between boards, standoffs, and 6 ft USB cable are included.

Good luck

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Tom,

I have six (6) NC limit switches currently on my machine, (X-, X+), (Y-, Y+), (Z-, Z+), one (1) on each end of the axis. After reading another Post, I believe that I have them incorrect in my original schematics. On the "X" and "Y" axis I utilize Euchner SN02D12-502-M, each housing contains two (2) separate switches. Do I need to wire each switch respectively to a OPT (+) and (-) terminals as in the attached png file? In my currently drawing I already utilize OPT 0-2 for the DYN4 24VDC, that leaves me with only 5 OPT circuits left, can I move the DYN4 wiring to another connector on Kanalog? Or does this mean I need to add a Konnect Expansion board to my setup?

See page 4 for the KFLOP OPT Wiring.

Thanks,

Mark,

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dynomotion-pnp-devises_20210325-png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

I don't understand how those SN02D12-502-M work. Do you have a description/manual/specification?

It's not clear the purpose of having the opto sensor and Home Switch in parallel. Whichever opens last will be what matters. I think the purpose of that was when a rotary opto was used on the leadscrew which would trigger every revolution. The switch is then needed as an AND condition to select a particular revolution.

But yes if you require more that 8 24V opto isolated inputs then you will need to add something else. Either a Konnect or 3rd party device. Another option would be to combine signals such as the Drive Alarms. In this case the Controller would always know there is an Alarm but not know which one(s) caused it.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi Mark,

I don't understand how those SN02D12-502-M work. Do you have a description/manual/specification?

Those are just 2 independant limit switches mounted side by side in a single housing. Normally centrally located on the table travel and operated by cams that are bolted to either end of the table.

Something like this

Dynomotion-clipboard02-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dynomotion-clipboard02-jpg  
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Jim,

So Mark I'm not sure why you posted a .png file of a switch/opto in parallel?

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Thanks Jim,

"So Mark I'm not sure why you posted a .png file of a switch/opto in parallel?

Tom,

I read a post that you responded to on limit switches. On my machine I only have limit switches and not home switches. Would I be better off with my original wiring? I just got home from my shop, and have attached the technical data data and installation instructions. I also got a photo of my "X" axle limit switch. Each switch 2 plungers and each plunger activates a limit switch. These switches have stops at opposite ends of the axis.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dynomotion-img_5407-jpg   Dynomotion-img_5408-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm going to offer an opinion here about home switches on non-production milling machines. Home switches are not needed; unless you have a automatic tool changer where the Z axis needs to park in a fixed machine location to facilitate the tool change. For all other uses you zero on the work and the Machine Coordinate System is exactly the same as the Work Coordinate System. Thus the work 0,0,0 is the ''home'' position, it's a floating location based on the part setup rather than a fixed machine location. The only downside of this is that there is no possibility of using software limits to limit table travel, but this has never been an issue for me.

On my knee mill, I use a floating ''parking position'' that moves the table and quill to a convenient location on run complete to facilitate a part change, tool change, or measuring. This is set after the job is set up and zeroed, then I jog the table and quill to the desired location and click the ''set park pos'' button. This is an offset from the part zero position in all axes.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Jim,

On this machine I converted to ER Collet Holders with a R8 taper, it was easier to control my tool length with my Anilam, the Crusader M was very particular on z axis depth (Tool Length Offset). I also have a power drawbar, the "Z" axis needs to be all the way retracted for collet to be loosened and released. There is nothing set in stone that says I have to utilize these limit switches as long as the KFLOP and Kmotion has the means to set soft limits. I just thought it was always better to have hard stop limits as a safeguard.

Thanks,

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by seapacer2 View Post
    Jim,

On this machine I converted to ER Collet Holders with a R8 taper, it was easier to control my tool length with my Anilam, the Crusader M was very particular on z axis depth (Tool Length Offset). I also have a power drawbar, the "Z" axis needs to be all the way retracted for collet to be loosened and released. There is nothing set in stone that says I have to utilize these limit switches as long as the KFLOP and Kmotion has the means to set soft limits. I just thought it was always better to have hard stop limits as a safeguard.

Thanks,

I absolutely use travel limit switches. Those are an absolute requirement, I set my Z park position about 1/16'' below the up travel limit switch. I just don't use home limits.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

Well Soft Limits don't really work unless you home the machine coordinates to some known machine position.

You can use Limit switches as a Home sensor. Hardware Limits (and Soft Limits) should then be disabled while homing then re-enabled and set after successfully homing, as most of our examples do.

I think your original wiring showing the Limits as a switch applying 24V to an opto input should work.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello All,

I'm having a hard time trying to find a MPG that isn't either a USB or wireless, what is everyone utilizing on their machine?

Thanks, Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

Here is one. See also here.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello All,

Progress on my retrofit
    Dynomotion-img_5391-jpg

Dynomotion-img_5393-jpg

Dynomotion-img_5394-jpg

Dynomotion-img_5409-jpg

Dynomotion-image0-jpeg

Dynomotion-img_5436-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Progress on my machine.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dynomotion-img_5503-jpg   Dynomotion-img_5451-jpg   Dynomotion-img_5516-jpg   Dynomotion-img_5519-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Good Afternoon Tom and Jim,

I had to revise my wiring schematic to include the small relay boards that would energize the servo drive contactors. Please take a look to make sure it is acceptable to everyone.

Thanks, Mark

Dynomotion-wiring-schematic_ctrl-pwr_20210624-pdf

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

I can't really follow that. It seems what are marked as contactor switches should be contactor coils? Or maybe where you show a wire marked CONTACTOR1 that is to be the coil for contactor 1?

What kind relay board is it and how is it to be driven?

Regards

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast