KFLOP - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KFLOP

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: KFLOP

Hello All,

What type of Pendant or MPG works well with the Dynomotion system? What brands are you utilizing?

Thanks,

Downloads
    Uploads

You might see our wiki here.

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone tired utilizing a wireless MPG, or is it better to stay with a hardwired unit?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by seapacer2 View Post
    Has anyone tired utilizing a wireless MPG, or is it better to stay with a hardwired unit?
    I would stick with wired for sure! So many reasons wired is better... It will be more reliable, wont be bothered by interference etc, batteries will never go dead, and it will always be right there at the end of the cable, will never have to look for it.

Dynomotion is very flexible with what mpg you can use. Pretty much any traditional MPG can be used. There are some new USB ones kicking around now, no idea if that can be used with Dynomotion, I would avoid it in any case. Go with old school MPG with a cable and wire it right in to the Dynomotion boards. Eliminate the potential problems with wireless transmission,pc delays, usb problems etc.

Downloads
    Uploads

mmurray70,

I, myself prefer hardwired but have seen a lot of options for the wireless pendants. Also, I see a bunch of USB, this would be a question for Tom.

I found this model of pendant today. Is it compatible with KFLOP? It is USB.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KFLOP-capture-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Seapacer,

No we recommend a direct connection to KFLOP. That avoids any USB/PC/Windows delays.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Good Afternoon Tom,

I would like to verify the correct connector for adding a 6-axis MPG pendant, JP6 (16 pin IDC) or JP7 (26-pin IDC)?

Thanks,
    Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

See here.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Tom,

Got it, perfect. I will start working on adding this to my system. I went back to review a few of the threads on here and see that some guys are utilizing a extra board (Level Shift), is this something that is required or can I hook directly to KFLOP on the JP6 IDC connector? I would like to utilize a 6-axis MPG, this will hopefully give me some control for spindle feed rates, or should I just stay with the 4-axis MPG?

Thanks,
    Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

I went back to review a few of the threads on here and see that some guys are utilizing a extra board (Level Shift), is this something that is required or can I hook directly to KFLOP on the JP6 IDC connector?
    You would have to specify what MPG you are referring to and what it s specifications are. In most cases it should be able to be connected directly. JP6 pins should not be driven over 3.8V. Most 5V TTL outputs do not do this. JP6 has 150 Ohm pull down resistors on 8 of its inputs. The MPG must be capable of driving such a load high.

I would like to utilize a 6-axis MPG, this will hopefully give me some control for spindle feed rates, or should I just stay with the 4-axis MPG?
    With some C Coding you should be able to have the MPG also change Spindle Over ride rates.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Tom,

I have been looking at these two (2) different models, the MPG2 and MPG4. I believe this is the same ones that someone utilized form the Dynomotion WIKI pages. However, there are some differences between my wiring schematic and the one I downloaded, and I can always revise mine to match, if needed. Utilizing one of those modules, it appears that I don't need any additional modules or level shift boards, I should be able to hook directly up to the JP6 KFLOP connector, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
    Mark

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KFLOP-productattachments_files_mpg2_20211009-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

That sounds correct.

Regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12