Anyone here with a MC500V that has fitted this system to it?

Thread: Anyone here with a MC500V that has fitted this system to it?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Anyone here with a MC500V that has fitted this system to it?

Or anyone that knows it well enough to know what needs to be swapped out? Looking at options since my control ghosted a while back.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone here with a MC500V that has fitted this system to it?

You the guy from practical machinist? If so it looks like you have Yaskawa spindle drive, and Yaskawa DC drives based on the pics you posted there. (https://www.cnczone.com/vb/cnc-machi...-swaps-382299/) I would think all this hardware should be able to be reused but cant say for sure.

I did my college training on one of those nearly 20 years ago. Nice machine. Sucks that it doesnt have enclosure though.

EDIT: Looks like they blocked my link. Post pictures up here so others can see.

Downloads
    Uploads

That's me.
    Here's the photo album link. https://photos.app.goo.gl/CYYoCPwVfpioBqUN8
    So do the various boards from dynomotion compare to the boards from Centroid. I can't tell what's what when the terms used are so different. The AllIn1 looks to be the Centroid board to use since it can drive the axis motors. I don't see mention of the available amp output here so am thinking I'll need drives with what ever board from Dyno??

Downloads
    Uploads

With Dynomotion you will need Kflop which is the brains of everything. You will also need the Kanalog board which is used to receive signals from encoders and send analog signals to Spindle and servo drives, this board also has a bunch of input and output connections that can be used for whatever. And for all the functions of a VMC you will likely need a konnect board which offers a whole bunch more input/output connections. These three boards would be common setup for a machine like yours, this is what Im using.

You can likely use the servo amps you have in the machine now. If they are driven off +-10 volt analog signals then this combination should be able to control them.