Need Help! C code for button

Thread: C code for button

Downloads
    Uploads

Default C code for button

I am trying to do c code when adding a button. I want to add three buttons one to move x to 0 one to move y to 0 and one to move z to -.75. I tried the move command but when I move to my zero position and reset the zero then the move command to zero moves the amount i zeroed out not back to the new zero position. Tried other commands and get undeclared error messages.

This should be easy i move axis to zero location with arrow buttons then press zero for all axis then after machine runs a program I want the user buttons to bring x and z back to zero. I use a .75 block to adjust z zero then move off the work piece and lower the z .75 and reset zero. I would like a button so I don't have to use the arrow buttons 12 times.

Joe

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: C code for button

Hi Joe,

I am trying to do c code when adding a button. I want to add three buttons one to move x to 0 one to move y to 0 and one to move z to -.75. I tried the move command but when I move to my zero position and reset the zero then the move command to zero moves the amount i zeroed out not back to the new zero position. Tried other commands and get undeclared error messages.
    To move to GCode Coordinates rather than Machine Coordinate zero you might use GCode instead of C Code. Create a GCode file (MoveToZero.ngc) something like this:

G0Z-0.75
    G0X0Y0
    M30

Then configure the User Button to run that GCode File with:

C code for button-tozero-jpg

I use a .75 block to adjust z zero then move off the work piece and lower the z .75 and reset zero. I would like a button so I don't have to use the arrow buttons 12 times.
    You shouldn't really need to move to zero to set the origin instead simply set the GCode position to 0.75. You could do that with GCode to set the G92 Offset similar to above with:

G92Z.75
    M30

If you want to also move to the new zero for some reason you could also do this with:

G92Z.75
    G0X0
    M30

HTH

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mirocha View Post

This should be easy i move axis to zero location with arrow buttons then press zero for all axis then after machine runs a program I want the user buttons to bring x and z back to zero. I use a .75 block to adjust z zero then move off the work piece and lower the z .75 and reset zero. I would like a button so I don't have to use the arrow buttons 12 times.

Joe
    Works great setup 4 buttons thanks
    Joe

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: C code for button

Hi Joe,

Great. Thanks for taking the time to post back

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com