Need Help! Traub TND 254

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traub TND 254

Default Traub TND 254

I bought a Traub TND 254 and i need to know if i can use kanalog to drive the servos. (They have resolvers for the feedback)

So do i use kanalog or get a pair of drivers and just use kflop in step dir mode

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Traub TND 254

Hello Tom,
    My Kflop and Kanalog are on their way to me,so until they arrive i need to resolve some issues:
    -my drivers are constant current(torque),i gues, because they don't have feedback from the tacho. So with kanalog i will controll them with +/-10v . I will need to install an encoder directly on the motor.Sooo.. in configuration should i do something different or it's the same as a constant speed driver board?

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi swat cat,

my drivers are constant current(torque),i gues, because they don't have feedback from the tacho. So with kanalog i will controll them with +/-10v . I will need to install an encoder directly on the motor.Sooo.. in configuration should i do something different or it's the same as a constant speed driver board?
    Yes if you connect Kanalog DACs to the DU input it would operate in current/torque mode and the tachometer would not be used. There isn't any difference of the configuration between velocity and torque modes only a difference in how the axis is tuned, You might read this wiki article.

Yes I would replace the resolvers with encoders. The encoder should have differential outputs with the highest resolution that keeps the quadrature count rate below 1 million quadrature counts/second at your highest RPM.

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

I have a question over the firmware update for the Kflop. When you recover firmware the file is DSPKFLOP.out.
    When updating "new version" it's the same file? DSPKFLOP.OUT?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi swat cat,

Yes in both cases the Firmware file is DSPKFLOP.out

Regards

I've highjacked two channels from the kanalog to use them as Step/Dir and i used H11L1 optocouplers.but they are ttl (need internal 5v). Any suggestion for a open collector type optos with a high frecvency range <1Mhz?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi swat cat,

I'm not sure what you are asking. Most Stepper Drives have opto isolated inputs so additional opto isolation isn't necessary.

Is your issue that you need an additional isolated 5V supply for your circuit to work?

Regards

Yes, the drivers are opto isolated. But i'm afraid if something were to happen to the driver, i don't want a high voltage to return to the 5v line to kfloop.

ok. so i could use " 74HCT244 " https://www.tme.eu/Document/961c554e...4HC_HCT244.pdf

It will be ok to convert 3.3v to 5v TTL for the step/dir signals from KFLOP at high speeds? and use a zener diode 5.1v in parallel across the output of the ttl converter IC for protection?

Last edited by swat cat; 01-29-2020 at 04:01 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi swat cat,

That would probably work. The only issue I see is the 74HCT244 is only specified with Output currents of +/- 6ma. I don't think you provided specifications for your Stepper Drive. You would need to see if the Drives require more than 6ma.

The 74HCT244 has protection clamping for currents up to +/-20ma. The Zerner diode may be a good idea as long as it's capacitance is not high.

Regards

A funny moment

The braking circuit failed

Fist beta tests

Hi tom,
    I need to solve some problems at this moment:

1. The tool path in the G viewer is inverted. I`ve tried to invert it by checking the box for " X positive Front" but with no effect.

2. I have two sets of axis limit switch (2x +z -z +x -x). First set are the soft limits and the second are power SWITCH OFF; For the first set of limit switches i will like to limit the movement JUST in the direction of that axis that was tripped and i could jog the axis out of that limit. If i configure them in " Config and FLASH", all the axis are disabled when one of the switch is tripped.

3. I`ve made a tool Changer Program ( i have a turret with 4 bit code and the controls are with CW or CCW). The program in C++ made by me is at a kindergarden level . please help me to finish it.

-the C program i will like it to be active just after a M6 command and it will be disabled after finishing the tool change.
    -the G code execution needs to wait for the tool change to finish and then resume.
    -before the actual tool change, AXIS X and Z axis need to be moved to a safe position ( a value relative to the G54 ).

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Traub TND 254-20200226_112851-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi swat cat,

1. The tool path in the G viewer is inverted. I`ve tried to invert it by checking the box for " X positive Front" but with no effect.
    Well as I said I would expect many issues when trying to use non-standard coordinates.

It may help to select a tool image with the tip forward or backward such as VNMG-1.wrl vs VNMG-1 back.wrl

2. I have two sets of axis limit switch (2x +z -z +x -x). First set are the soft limits and the second are power SWITCH OFF; For the first set of limit switches i will like to limit the movement JUST in the direction of that axis that was tripped and i could jog the axis out of that limit. If i configure them in " Config and FLASH", all the axis are disabled when one of the switch is tripped.
    What Action did you configure?

3. I`ve made a tool Changer Program ( i have a turret with 4 bit code and the controls are with CW or CCW). The program in C++ made by me is at a kindergarden level . please help me to finish it.
    The code looks reasonable to me. But you should add an exit ( if (...) break; ) from the "for' loop when finished rotating.

Its actually C code not C++ code.

-the C program i will like it to be active just after a M6 command and it will be disabled after finishing the tool change.
    -the G code execution needs to wait for the tool change to finish and then resume.
    I think you want the C program to run during an M6, not afterward.

Configure the M6 Action to execute the program in an unused Thread and set it to Execute/Wait/Sync so that the Interpreter waits for the tool change to complete before continuing and also re-synchs to the new position if any of the axes were moved by the program.

-before the actual tool change, AXIS X and Z axis need to be moved to a safe position ( a value relative to the G54 ).
    Normally one would want to move to a fixed machine coordinate, not a value relative to G54.

To move to an absolute Machine coordinate (in motor steps) use the Move() function. Then wait until the Move is finished with a while loop testing CheckDone();

If you really need to move relative to G54 you will need to read the GCode offsets from KMotionCNC

HTH

Regards

1.I have an issue with spindle control on CSS mode.

In G97 the dac outputs the proportional value of the max rpm. In G96 it doesn't output voltage on DAC3

My encoder is on axis 3. 1000ppr (4000 counts).

I have no idee why is not working.

2. Can i make a closed loop spindle? What do i need to change except FF , PID values?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi swat cat,

#1 Please post all your C Programs.

#2 Yes. Remove the FF and tune your axis like any servo with encoder feedback. Then Jogging at 40000 counts/sec for example should then run at exactly 10 RPS (600 RPM). Change the C Program Factors accordingly,

Regards

i noticed if i press halt button, the spindle starts and if i jog x axis it changes the spindle speed. but it doesn`t show the RPM value like it nomally does. (looks like the double of the S value). why in cycle mode it`s not working?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Traub TND 254-2-jpg   Traub TND 254-1-jpg   Traub TND 254-c-jpg   Traub TND 254-working-jpg  

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi swat cat,

I think I see the issue. KFLOP Axis 3 is configured as both an A Axis and as a Spindle. Axis 3 can be commanded as one or the other but not both at the same time. When running GCode motion XZA axes are being controlled (XZ are moved but A is held still).

Change:

DefineCoordSystem(0,-1,2,3);

to

DefineCoordSystem(0,-1,2,-1); // define X and Z axes

Regards

Yes. It works now. Why the CSS(rpm) measurement is double the specified S value?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi swatcat,

In CSS mode the S value is Surface Speed not RPM. There was a bug related to displaying Surface Speed based on radius vs diameter when operating in diameter mode. This effects the display only. It has been fixed in Version 4.35a. Consider using V4.35b.

Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast