Need Help! Traub TND 254

Thread: Traub TND 254

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Traub TND 254

I bought a Traub TND 254 and i need to know if i can use kanalog to drive the servos. (They have resolvers for the feedback)

So do i use kanalog or get a pair of drivers and just use kflop in step dir mode

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Traub TND 254

Hello Tom,
    My Kflop and Kanalog are on their way to me,so until they arrive i need to resolve some issues:
    -my drivers are constant current(torque),i gues, because they don't have feedback from the tacho. So with kanalog i will controll them with +/-10v . I will need to install an encoder directly on the motor.Sooo.. in configuration should i do something different or it's the same as a constant speed driver board?

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Traub TND 254

Hi swat cat,

my drivers are constant current(torque),i gues, because they don't have feedback from the tacho. So with kanalog i will controll them with +/-10v . I will need to install an encoder directly on the motor.Sooo.. in configuration should i do something different or it's the same as a constant speed driver board?
    Yes if you connect Kanalog DACs to the DU input it would operate in current/torque mode and the tachometer would not be used. There isn't any difference of the configuration between velocity and torque modes only a difference in how the axis is tuned, You might read this wiki article.

Yes I would replace the resolvers with encoders. The encoder should have differential outputs with the highest resolution that keeps the quadrature count rate below 1 million quadrature counts/second at your highest RPM.

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com