Newbie Lagun FTV3 - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lagun FTV3

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Lagun FTV3

Limit switch options are on the Config&Flash screen, which ultimately transfers them to the channel config.
    Remember you need to download/upload the channel for settings to take effect.

Downloads
    Uploads

You might read this article about how KFLOP parameters can be changed.

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Limit switch options are on the Config&Flash screen, which ultimately transfers them to the channel config.
    Remember you need to download/upload the channel for settings to take effect.
    AH! Was something simple like download the channel. Im getting a little closer everyday. I do have it working. Im getting ancy want to to put the belts one so I can finish the machine assembly and watch the tables move
    Another silly question.... Is it best to have it set for Stop movement, disallow drive into limit or kill drive? Kill drive sounds nice but how would you move the axis if it disables it on the limit switch?

And the old 24v supply is non adjustable.

Last edited by jeepguy88; 12-20-2019 at 10:38 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Heres another silly question, probably to a simple solution for a problem that has eluded me for to many hours now. Setting the limit switches to stop movement works great. Hitting the "stop button" disables the drives,However two of my axis will slowly keep going after being disabled. They used to move slowly on power up until being enabled, but now they seem to be enabled on started up. No idea how I fixed that.
    The servo motors going after being disabled something in Kmotion or something on the servo amplifiers that needs to be fixed?
    I have not made a Initialization Program yet.

Downloads
    Uploads

You need some way to disable the servo drives/amps when they are not being controlled by the KFlop, as it sounds like the drives are still powered up, and are drifting.

Do the drives/amps have an enable signal?
    The common way to handle this, is to have the KFlop control the enable signal, and the drives only get enabled when the KFlop enables them.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jeepguy,

You might also read this wiki article on Drive enables. Note you will need a C Program to watch the axis enables and disable the Drives whenever an axis is disabled. Something like this:

Code:
    #include "KMotionDef.h"

#define DrivePermit 152
    main()
    {
        for (;;)  //loop forever
        {
            WaitNextTimeSlice();

// if all axes channels are enabled then enable the amps
            if (ch0->Enable && ch1->Enable && ch2->Enable)
                SetBit(DrivePermit);
            else
                ClearBit(DrivePermit);
        }
    }

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

First off, Thank you so much to everyone that helped me get this machine going, I thought I had made a follow up post reporting my success but I must have forgot. I do apologize.

My lil machine as been great to have around the last few years. I dont use it much 4-5 times a year maybe but its sooo handy. I think my struggles with the machine are in the cad/cam programming department.

I hate to be the guy that only post problems needing solutions, but I ran into a problem. In Febuary I lost a servo amplifier and had to replace that. Ran it a few times with the new amplifier and alls good., went to turn it on a a month later, and nothing was working. Lost my 12v power supply to kflop. Has been replaced. I have two lil buck/booster boards running 5v and 12v off my 24v supply. while setting up the new 12v supply checked the volts on the "24v and its was reading 26.8v. Replaced that as well. 24v good, 5v and 12v good. Turn it back on, and my now non of my axis are working, Im getting a "Following Error" and the X acis encoder doesnt seem to be working, and Y and Z are continuously counting pretty quickly. 5v to encoders working good, measuring from common to A+ was not able to get a change in reading while rotating the motor. Im not sure where to look now, I have tested all the limit switches and all appear to have 24v and work just. Where should I be looking next. Thanks again in advance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123